Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Conversion bug :)

I was just reading something very interesting. Apparently when you convert a monster with the lvl 24 skill, when the timer runs out they are left with 1 hp (its a bug)

Regardless of player settings and difficulty.

What about a din who uses conversion + holy freeze, fire, and shock to kill the 1 hp remaining monsters?

Hmmm....

Fred

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fredsta54
    I was just reading something very interesting. Apparently when you convert a monster with the lvl 24 skill, when the timer runs out they are left with 1 hp (its a bug)

Regardless of player settings and difficulty.

What about a din who uses conversion + holy freeze, fire, and shock to kill the 1 hp remaining monsters?

Hmmm....

Fred
    How long is the timer?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Legend
    How long is the timer?
    depends on how many points are in it. I think it starts out at 14 seconds.

Fred

IncGamers Member
    Problem is the skill has rather crappy percentages, and no AR bonus.

you need nine points into it to get a one third chance to convert.

With lack of AR you're either gonna need to pump into blessed aim for bonus, or go Fana, and using either means that the converted monster will retain these after reverting back to hostile.

it may work, but it's likely going require some intense micro managment to stand a chance.

Good point being that monsters who are switched by any AI skill (conversion, confuse etc.) become attacked by other monsters so may hopefully take the heat off your pala.

May well be worth testing in single player for viability.

Only weakness i can think of is that I'm sure i've OKs are immune to AI affecting skills and I'm sure conversion would come under this bracket.

:Edit: duration fixed at 16 secs, not sure if this will be effected in NM and Hell as necro attract/confuse is.

I this was an old bug, and blizz fixed it, but I could be wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltyn
    Problem is the skill has rather crappy percentages, and no AR bonus.

you need nine points into it to get a one third chance to convert.

With lack of AR you're either gonna need to pump into blessed aim for bonus, or go Fana, and using either means that the converted monster will retain these after reverting back to hostile.

I may be wrong, as I've never used conversion (or atleast will never admit to it :grin: ), but I don't think that you need to have a successful hit on the monster to have a chance to convert it. I could very well be wrong, but I think I have heard this somewhere.

Banned
    Seriously?
    Imagine the doors it opens up, never have to worry about immune monsters again!

Hmm..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLightning
    I may be wrong, as I've never used conversion (or atleast will never admit to it :grin: ), but I don't think that you need to have a successful hit on the monster to have a chance to convert it. I could very well be wrong, but I think I have heard this somewhere.
    You are correct, sir!
    :EDIT: Gogo forum errors and not showing my post

IncGamers Member
    you need to actually hit them for it to work. With no + skills really needed, you can just use auras that grant a lot of flat ar, fanat or blessed aim for . Hit them with the ar boosting aura, then when they get unconverted switch to a holy aura. They wont all swamp you b/c most likely not all will be unconverted and they will be distractions

Im gonna try it in single player tonight.

Fred

IncGamers Member
    Any results on this Fred ? I'm very interested in what this skill can offer right now .....