1) if i got a 900+ damage frozen orb, and if the PVP opponent is a character with 95 cold resists with 2 raven frosts(40% cold absorb!!) in hell... how much damage would i do to him in a orb? much? or almost nothing at all?
of course, i probably calculated about -175 cold resists
2) is 90 FCR enough for a ES/Orb sorc? the gear giving FCR is fathoms(20%), spirit monarch(30%), arachnids(20%) and magefists(20%)... is it enough at all - well FO don't need FCR but teleporting to run like a cow requires some...
3) my usual ping nowadays(i don't know why it increased that bad :() in pvp games can be really high and very laggy, any ideas how to "reduce" the ping and lagginess? it didn't used to be that laggy in pvp games for me about a week ago..
4) regarding the damage for FO, is 900+ ok? how bout 800+? what is the max FO dmg that can be done?
5) gear wise, i'll probably be using fathoms for it's crazy amounts of +cold%-dmg, should i use nightwings too? or just shako - after all i'm ES too...
6) and regarding ES, it seems like a daunting task to add a single skill point to ES and rest into telekinesis, and seems really hard to get ES to level 40 even with memory staff pre-buff...
7) and say if i have a lvl 20-something ES(hard to get lvl 40 :/) which is probably 75%+ dmg reduce, is it viable at all in pvp - like getting hitted by a 20k fireball, or a 13k hammer, will i die instantaneously? or just lose some life and all my mana?
8) as for my shield, a conventional spirit monarch? or a lidless? or get a whistans(or whatever that name is which has 2 sockets and is unique)? should a ES sorc get max block? but if i get the whistans for shield, i would be at 60 FCR..
9) post your gear, stat points, life/mana, skill lvl & dmg for your existing FO/ES sorc :P
Lots of questions:
1) not too familiar with resuling dmg but 900 does seem very little
2) I would atleast go for the 105%fcr bp even though there is a cast delay between orb + tele. You'll still need the faster tele. I would even go for 200% just for teleing around.
3) play in 2d mode. works wonders
4) dunno about max but mine did close to 1.2k easily
5) I would go with nightwing
6) For an orber, there is lots of excess point. If you really wanna hit as close to 40 as you can, you could put the rest into ES.
7) depends on your life/mana
8) max block is important since your ES is low. That 2socket shield is moser which isn't that great. Go with Whitsan guard or SS. Find other sources of FCR
9) I scrapped mine to make space for other chars but the stats are:
2 ravens eats orb sorcs, if your fighting anyone with 2 ravens, be prepared to do very little dmg, and i talking about 1.3k+ dmg with orb. With 900, you will barely see any dmg, and since youll probably wont mass the orb on the char, you might hit him, and see no dmg at all. Only way for you to kill someone with 2 ravens if there res is horrible, i mean like below 30-40. Most "good" chars have max light, cold, fire res. As they tends to be the most widely used elements.
As the above post said, faster tele will get you in, and out faster. Also you will be able to dodge many attacks, all it will need is geting used to.
I had a orb sorc, like one year ago (before the spirit sheild came out, and i went max block with an ss, as bowazons, bvc, chargers, wind druids are really hard to deal with.
Life = 2.1k
Mana = 2.6k (Used wizspike, cause imo i think its the best caster weap)
Orb dmg was about 1.1-1.2k, and this is w.o a fathom. With i would ASSUME it would be around 1.4k-1.5k.
make sure what are the advantages of using spirit vs casters instead of lidless or other common shields, since the 156 strengh req can hurt your mana quite a bit, specially if u go for max block and spend a lot of dex too. Most of sorcs uses whistans for blocking setup (as long with +dex items) and lidlless vs necros/hammers, ko ko mal when they need to stack resits; you can have base streng. The fcr from spirit can be obtained from armor (viper), rings, ammy, rings, etc...
Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)
Blocking=blocking from gear, shield and gear.
stormshield blocking=67 (not sure!!!)
whistans blocking=87 (not sure!!!)
Whistans needs less dex for max block and will save you a lot of strnegh too, if compared to stormshied (you are not to use enigma, so u wont have any strengh bonus from gear, this is 100 statspoints invested in stregh moreless).