Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Kingdom of Loathing?

I've just been recently instructed to play this exciting game, (judging by its cover it looks boring as crap)

Can anyone tell me what its really about?

IncGamers Member
    Let's just say that's why you don't judge books by their covers. To summarize, I've been playing for a year and a half. Zodiac's been playing longer.

It's a simple adventuring game where you try to save the land from evil baddie, then do it again. The game's glory is not in graphics, but in comedy and gameplay. Admitedly, it's not for everyone. It's very low action and very weak graphically (fast load times), but as soon as you get past that, you'll never quit.

Quote Originally Posted by piff
    Let's just say that's why you don't judge books by their covers. To summarize, I've been playing for a year and a half. Zodiac's been playing longer.

It's a simple adventuring game where you try to save the land from evil baddie, then do it again. The game's glory is not in graphics, but in comedy and gameplay. Admitedly, it's not for everyone. It's very low action and very weak graphically (fast load times), but as soon as you get past that, you'll never quit.
    i just started playing 5 minutes ago ... and this like.. a story.. or something.. u dont do anything, all u do is click click click..

Quote Originally Posted by Breakdown
    i just started playing 5 minutes ago ... and this like.. a story.. or something.. u dont do anything, all u do is click click click..
    More like:

Click, click.

Eat Marzipan skull.

Click, click.

:smiley: :laugh: :grin:

IncGamers Member
    You do have to realize that early on you are too weak to do much. To get into the real content you have to be a bit stronger and beat the game once.

If you like seeing references and parodies to just about anything pop-culture, stick with it, you'll like it. Same goes for strategy games with a couple puzzles. But if you need action, then it's simply not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by piff
    You do have to realize that early on you are too weak to do much. To get into the real content you have to be a bit stronger and beat the game once.

If you like seeing references and parodies to just about anything pop-culture, stick with it, you'll like it. Same goes for strategy games with a couple puzzles. But if you need action, then it's simply not for you.
    its not that i want an action game or anything..
    it just seems pointless..
    its like reading a book

IncGamers Member
    its like reading a book
    At some parts, yeah it is like that. Really, you should choose if you like it or not on your own after a couple days of playing it. Just don't give up on it right away.

Banned
    its like reading a book
    Reading a book is what you need.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortality
    Reading a book is what you need.
    BURN!
    :laugh:

Its a fun game. Contrary to what others have said, it does not take very little time to play. I can easily spend 1.5 hours a day (that is including pvp, that is the big time hog). One can gamble as the MMG, play the mall and pvp other players.

You can join a clan and have interaction wtih your clanmates. After playing for some time, you can get into some of the better clans that either specialize in pvp, KOL community work or speed ascending.

This is not a mindless point and click game. It was starting to get mindless for me so I went HC.