Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Best MF character in game ?

Hi , well first off i have recently came back to D2/Lod after like a 2-3 year stint , and am very very poor when it comes to items for my new ama. I thought i could do mf runs with her , but damm do i struggle (haveing **** items doesnt help) . So i was wondering what is the best /cheapest char i could roll to mf on and iirc is it andy/meph/pindle who still drop the nice stuff ?. i thought about sorces but with so many imunes when it comes to hell i thought that could be hard . Would it be barbs with there item find skill or what ? i just dont know , and feeling like a newb at this game again i thought i would ask here . So any help appreciated thx.

IncGamers Member
    Sorceress, easily. Nothing can beat the speed of teleport. Also, you could theoretically kill a lot without any gear on whatsover. If you're worried about immunes, go with one of the dual element builds, and add a act 2/5 merc.

IMO it is easier/quicker to build up wealth if you start with a mf sorc. I started around x-mas time, and am doing quite well.

IncGamers Member
    what dual elements tho ? cold / light ? , Cold / fire ? , fire / light ?

IncGamers Member
    orb/meteor/fireball
    skelemancers do well too.

IncGamers Member
    ok , fire / ice sounds kinky . So do i wanna go max orb/max metor any in masterys ? any synergys to spice up the damage ?. Sorry for all these Q's just , lod seems so much dif now from when i played it i was thinking my old old mf sorc skill set up but i got a bad feeling it will be very flawed now and pretty much useless.

IncGamers Member
    There's a good meteorb guide in the sorceress forums: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=254070

also, take a look at the mf guide stickied in the community forums; there's a review of each major build for every character type in terms of mfing including mf speed, item dependancy, and investment cost. There are also links to build guides there too.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Foo
    Hi , well first off i have recently came back to D2/Lod after like a 2-3 year stint , and am very very poor when it comes to items for my new ama. I thought i could do mf runs with her , but damm do i struggle (haveing **** items doesnt help) . So i was wondering what is the best /cheapest char i could roll to mf on and iirc is it andy/meph/pindle who still drop the nice stuff ?. i thought about sorces but with so many imunes when it comes to hell i thought that could be hard . Would it be barbs with there item find skill or what ? i just dont know , and feeling like a newb at this game again i thought i would ask here . So any help appreciated thx.
    Once you get enough currency, I suggest you try out an Enigma hammerdin. I have a lot more fun with him than I ever did with my mf sorc, who is now a mere mule:

Pros: -Nothing is immune to magic Hammers(except 1 monster in act 3 lol)
    -Very easy to play
    -Dies much less often

Cons: -More gear dependant than the sorc(you need Enigma)
    -Generally will have less mf than a sorc

I have to give credit to my sorc though, because thats how I first went from poor--->not so poor. Meph runs were great, because you can teleport directly to him without having to deal with any monsters.

Good luck

I agree with the above posts. Cold/fire sorc for sure. Its what i have always used.

IncGamers Member
    One of the tried and true builds.