Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Question What is "Key of Terror"

I found a key in Act one (Hell) - "key of Terror" which occupies two slot and no color no stat on it - doesn;t seem like a weapon of some kind. Can any one tell me what is that for - some secret mission to open??:scratch:

BattleTag ILoveCake-1493
    Do a search for uber tristram, you'll likely find a ton of threads.

But to cut it short, there're 3 keys (terror from countess, hate from summoner - act 2 arcane sanctuary and destruction from nihlathak)

Put 1 of each in the cube in act 5 and you'll open a portal to 1 of 3 areas which contains either a duriel/andariel (lillith)/izual clone. Each of these will drop a body part, get all 3 body parts, cube those in act 5 and you'll open a portal to tristram, there you'll meet mephisto, baal and diablo. Kill the 3 and a hellfire torch will drop (and standard of heroes)

IncGamers Member
    Tx a lot! seems like lot of work ahead!! By the way; what is the reward for accomplishing this mission???

IncGamers Member
    The reward is a Hellfire Torch. It grives +3 to a random chalss (barb, asn, ama, etc) , 10-20 all res, 10-20 all attributes, and some minor mods. It is a very useful item. If you need a hand with em once you gather all of the keys, there are many people on these forums, including my self, who would help you with them for free.

Re: What is "Key of Terror"

I just did the quest for the first time. It Was easier than I thought it would be for the past few years. Built a smiter with last wish and dracs for the life tap sources. I didn't have an exile so I went with the usual. It did just fine. I just need to learn how to trade them now. And yeah, I'm all proud of myself, So I'll go get them for free also. takes about 30 minutes I guess. my merc died twice and I once in the matron's lair or w/e, A bunch of archers and those harpy things all had fanatical aura on while I was yawning or something. I wouldn't go into this quest, however, without call to arms and spirit. I've been reading up on the quest since I began farming keys with a MF hammerdin (use nature's peace ring for Nihlithak keygrind, slain monsters rest in peace ), so if anyone has Q's, give me a hoot.

~MP

p.s., it was a D16/17 :(

IncGamers Member

I have the three keys, i can not make it work in single player, or in open battle net. Can some one help, pls

BattleTag Sass-1761

It works on closed battle net.

Also, this thread is ancient ><