Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Well, whos gonna pay his wage? Maybe you?

IncGamers Member
    Yes, hacks are still all over... not as bad as a few years ago tho... I know Iíll get flamed for this but... I honestly don't mind the hackers. I mean, no, I myself don't cheat but for everyone out there with godly items or HRs or runewords that require HRs... without these people you'd be lucky to SEE one let alone to have one... makes the game a little more enjoyable when you can at least use better items. So Iíd say Iím about 50-50. I donít hate but I donít agree with them.

I would bet that 98% of "enigma's" come from somewhat of a duped/paid for via ebay/bots.

But to answer your question, yes, everything is still out there. Once blizz fixes them a new one will be out in daysÖ endless battle.

You can call me a noob or whatever you want all day, but you know i am right.

Actually, on east ladder hacks are very much a problem and have ruined the economy there. High runes used to go for 2x ist + um, but have now been so over-duped that they are worth a mere Ist+um. HoZ's now go for 3x hr's for low ones while last season it wasn't too difficult to find one for a mal. This has also resulted in ists, mals, and even um runes being duped, further inflating the cost of desireable items. This coupled with the new hack bringing all the popular NL dupes/glitches/hacks to ladder has basically ruined this season entirely. I copmpletely refuse to trade in public channels or other forums now, and split my game playing time between civ4 and diablo2, when it used to be entirely d2.. So It Is, I guess

IncGamers Member
    with no hacks at all.... how many HR's would in a seaon would appear you think... and IF you ever saw one how much would it cost.

IncGamers Member
    Why would it be such a bad thing that people never saw HRs? I mean then you would have players who actually had the potential of being better than other players. The way things are now, the best and godliest items are considered standard and anything else makes you a noob. That's pretty ridiculous. I would much prefer to be in awe of a character I saw that actually had managed to make a BoTD or an Enigma or any other high end runeword. I would love it if I actually wet myself upon seeing a real live Last Wish. It would warm my heart to be able to worship certain characters that had the luck, the perseverance, the skill, and the dedication to assemble for themselves a godly setup. Who am I to admire now? The ebayer, the duper, the botter? The game's creators did actually know what they were doing when they made HRs as rare as they are, but since that aspect of the game is forever lost I guess players find it hard to imagine what it would be like. Hard as it may be to believe, it would be more fun.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeCraze
    Well, it's basically the virus detector issue...... We cannot write a perfect virus detector. Actually, we can't even write a finite program that will determine whether another program will halt on a given input...... Therefore, Blizz can never write a perfect program that can detect whether a program will dupe/hack/whatever. There are just some things that are not computable.

*The heuristic can get pretty effective, though, so don't risk it.*
    Not very true. Blizzard can implement enough security so that the hackers wont be competent enough to break it. The most competent hackers are not interested in video games you know. But Blizzard will never do this for the reasons I listed above.

IncGamers Member
    Amount of dupers out there is crazy. Especially on USEast Ladder now, as a result, the whole economy is messed up :undecided:

IncGamers Member
    yep blizzard as successed in maintaining most hacks out of the game for now, which is quite good:smiley:

Actually, we should be glad that there are bots & dupes.

Otherwise, we could play for 6 year and still don't have an enigma.

Cheers

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BluzMan
    Not very true. Blizzard can implement enough security so that the hackers wont be competent enough to break it. The most competent hackers are not interested in video games you know. But Blizzard will never do this for the reasons I listed above.
    If you believe that the perfect program exists, that is. And the most competent hackers WILL be interested in it if it is that unbreakable. Anyways, classes in computational complexity is driving me mad. :undecided: