Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    @ Kool69: your random area is the Bloody Foothills.

IncGamers Member azn_apocalypse's Avatar
    RainDancer killed Duriel!

The battle was really tough, however, and I don't think I would have survived at much higher than /players 1. Luckily I played it safe and set /p1 before going in to face him. The merc provided all the damage, while I kept him alive with a combination of potions, holy bolts, and a couple of well-timed TPs. In total I used two TPs, all of my rejuvs (3), all of my thawing potions (2). Luckily, Duriel always drops a TP scroll so my net loss was only one scroll. His other drops were all rare weapons, all of them useless to me except for a rare military pick with 5% mana steal. It swings much faster than my mana steal falchion and does slightly better damage, but has a significantly higher repair cost. Still, I thought I was doing well in terms of money, so I sold the falchion.

No problems in Act 3 so far. I was a little disappointed when I reached the Great Marsh WP and found I only had three skill points to use (as opposed to the 13 at the previous WP). I placed 1 Holy Shield (now slvl 2) and 2 in Holy Bolt (now slvl 7). Holy Shield is an excellent skill and I will definitely place at least a couple more points in there. With HS on I was able to survive getting surrounded by hordes of flayers in the jungle, blocking most of their attacks.

My last task for the night was completing my Swampy Pit run. It netted me no equippable items, but a lot of useful utility items. The highlights:

-a ton of gold
    -enough TP scrolls to bring my total to 9
    -two Krises (to be used in Savage Polearm recipes). Still don't have any diamonds though!
    -I also found a sweet staff that will sell for more than 15k. The one I found back in Arcane Sanctuary will go for more than 15k as well.

I see a lot of people have already made it to NM in this difficult tournament. After having survived Duriel, I see no reason why RainDancer should not be able to join them.

RainDancer
    Level 28

Double post. Thanks, broken forums.

Nothing to see here.

<looks around thread and hears crickets chirping>

Well, just a quick update. RainDancer cleared both Act 3 and Act 4 Normal this weekend. Mephisto was killed by getting him to chase me all the way to the Durance 2 stairway, where my merc hammered away at him while I kept him alive with Holy Bolts. I escaped up the stairs whenever my merc got too low on health. When I faced Diablo, I had already gotten Conviction and FoH so I just wore him down with that...took a long time though.

Diablo dropped my first s/u of the tourney, a Steelgoad Voulge that I gave to my merc. I also used a regular Diamond that dropped in the Chaos Sanc to cube a Savage Partizan, which is waiting in the stash as soon as my merc has enough str.

Still doing well financially. The Chaos Sanctuary gave me a couple more staves that will sell for big money. In my stash right now I have at least 4 staves/scepters that will sell for more than 25k gold each.

Skunkbelly, in case I manage to finish Normal, could I have a rerun area?

IncGamers Member
    Code:
    Forum Name    Character   Char Name     LVL   ACT        WP         Score                              
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greyeagle     Amazon       Osprey       57     A3NM   Flayer Jungle   82
    jiansonz      Druid         Vince       58     A2NM   Arcane Sanct.   64  RIP
    AlterEgo      Assassin    DoWithout     35     A5     Finished        58
    Horobi        Necro         Rathma      44     A1NM   Rogue Camp      47
    Sint          Assassin       Pia        35     A5     Harrogath       39
    newco         Druid       Haleakala     32     A4     River of Flame  36  RIP
    SuperSavage   Amazon       MaryJane     29     A3     Kurast Bazaar   25  RIP
    skunkbelly    Barb       ThunderSkunk   25     A3     Flayer Jungle   23  RIP
    Kool69        Necro       BoneFront     28     A1     Flayer Jungle   20  
    D.Master      Amazon      Cassandra     18     A2     Canyon of Magi  18  RIP
    Billybgame    Sorceress    Willow       21     A2     Canyon of Magi   8  RIP
    azn_apoc      Paladin     RainDancer    26     A1     Canyon of Magi   ?
    Docturnal     Sorc.    FrozenTearsOBHF  22     A2     Lost city        7  RIP
    Wolron        Paladin    FeastRFamine   17     A1     Cats Lvl2        3  RIP
    Syzerian      Paladin       Siege       14     A1     Inner Cloister   2
    LynKyle       Necro           ?          1     A1     Rogue Camp       0
    OpethAZ       Assay      Thunderstorm    1     A1     Rogue Camp       0
    Cattleya      Barb          Henry       11     A1     Dark Woods      -1  
    EJB           Pally        Hawkeye      21     A1     Cats Lvl2       -4  RIP

I got Osprey through to the Flayer Jungle over the weekend. I can't believe I'm going to say this in this tourney, but I wish we could use ATMA as an extended stash. I hate selling those blue pots, even though I don't use them except for bosses.

I decided to trade in my rogue for a cold ironwolf. At the cost of killing power, I think this gets me a couple benefits. Something that freezes, thus allowing an easy way to handle mummies and such. Something that can actually benefit from that +20 FCR circlet I gambled. Something that can freeze things near the valk so she doesn't get interrupted as much. I'm waiting to find an Eth so I can make stealth armor for this guy.

Things are going rather easy with the Valkyrie and the ironwolf. I'm playing mostly P1, and P8 on item areas. Andy wasn't difficult, although it took a number of blue pots since the Valkyrie doesn't like poison. Duriel didn't even require any pots since he couldn't kill the Valkyrie.

My fire resists are in good shape, as are my cold resists. My lightning resists however, are at a dangerous level. For much of act 1 & 2 it was single digits. It's up to a low two digit number now, but I still fear lightning. Champion Gloams and such can cause significant damage. Luckily I have multiple ways to distract them.

I didn't find my Eth along the way, although I did trade the 2 os splint mail I was keeping for a 2 os light plate. Also, the game clearly wanted me to play a necro. In addition to the circlet with +2 poison/bone skills I gambled early on, I recently found a +2 poison/bone skills amulet.

As if I needed another melee weapon, I was dropped this pretty set item:

Aldur's Rhythm - Jagged Star
    One-Hand Damage: 60 to 93
    +40 to Minimum Damage
    +62 to Maximum Damage
    Adds 50-75 lightning damage
    10% Life stolen per hit
    5% Mana stolen per hit
    30% Increased Attack Speed
    200% Damage to Demons
    150% Damage to Undead

This set item was also nice, only because I haven't found any decent boots yet:

Sigon's Sabot - Greaves
    Cold Resist +40%
    20% Faster Run/Walk

Now, this find caused me to be wrong about my earlier statement. I had said that I would be wearing my first gamble belt to the end, but I swapped it out for this one. My first glance after getting it in my stash was, "yuck, an ethereal rare", but of course finding the repair mod on it after id'ing it made it great.

Plague Lock - Plated Belt
    +13 to Life
    Fire Resist +22%
    Lightning Resist +15%
    17% Faster Hit Recovery
    +28 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
    Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds
    Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

I finally found my first rare exceptional bow, at least in an area I could pick it up. Nothing to write home about, but I'll use it for now.

Storm Quarrel - Edge Bow
    Two-Hand Damage: 10 to 33
    +69% Enhanced Damage
    +59 to Attack Rating
    +1 to Maximum Damage
    Fire Resist +10%
    +7 poison damage over 3 seconds

I gambled these gloves, after spending most of my money gambling gloves. I now have both forms of leech, which is handy. But were they worth ~200k?

Brimstone Clutches - Chain Gloves
    +8 to Strength
    +47% Enhanced Defense
    +13 to Attack Rating
    Lightning Resist +25%
    3% Mana stolen per hit
    Level 2 Poison Dagger (25/25 Charges)

Skills assigned so far:

13 magic arrow
    1 inner sight
    5 critical strike
    1 dodge
    1 slow missiles
    2 avoid
    3 penetrate
    2 evade
    11 decoy
    17 valk
    5 pierce

Stats assigned:

Str: 80
    Dex: 130
    Vit: 140

Score calculation
    +78 pts for quests
    +61 pts for waypoints
    -57 pts for levels
    ===
    82 pts total

azn, your random re-run area is the Spider Cavern.

IncGamers Member
    Code:
    Forum Name    Character   Char Name     LVL   ACT        WP         Score                              
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greyeagle     Amazon       Osprey       59     A4NM   Fortress        96
    jiansonz      Druid         Vince       58     A2NM   Arcane Sanct.   64  RIP
    AlterEgo      Assassin    DoWithout     35     A5     Finished        58
    Horobi        Necro         Rathma      44     A1NM   Rogue Camp      47
    Sint          Assassin       Pia        35     A5     Harrogath       39
    newco         Druid       Haleakala     32     A4     River of Flame  36  RIP
    SuperSavage   Amazon       MaryJane     29     A3     Kurast Bazaar   25  RIP
    skunkbelly    Barb       ThunderSkunk   25     A3     Flayer Jungle   23  RIP
    Kool69        Necro       BoneFront     28     A1     Flayer Jungle   20  
    D.Master      Amazon      Cassandra     18     A2     Canyon of Magi  18  RIP
    Billybgame    Sorceress    Willow       21     A2     Canyon of Magi   8  RIP
    azn_apoc      Paladin     RainDancer    26     A1     Canyon of Magi   ?
    Docturnal     Sorc.    FrozenTearsOBHF  22     A2     Lost city        7  RIP
    Wolron        Paladin    FeastRFamine   17     A1     Cats Lvl2        3  RIP
    Syzerian      Paladin       Siege       14     A1     Inner Cloister   2
    LynKyle       Necro           ?          1     A1     Rogue Camp       0
    OpethAZ       Assay      Thunderstorm    1     A1     Rogue Camp       0
    Cattleya      Barb          Henry       11     A1     Dark Woods      -1  
    EJB           Pally        Hawkeye      21     A1     Cats Lvl2       -4  RIP
    Pretty quiet here, is anyone still playing this with me? Osprey finished Act 3. Did the rest of Act 3 on players 1, except for Durance 3 which was on players 8. Overall, it was quite disappointing. Nothing worth keeping, but a fair bit of cash. I gambled it away on bows (oh and one coronet), and got nothing useful. I hope the Chaos Sanctuary is better to me.

Score calculation

+67 pts for waypoints
    +88 pts for quests
    -59 pts for level
    ===
    96 pts total

Quote Originally Posted by Greyeagle
    Pretty quiet here, is anyone still playing this with me?
    Great progress Greyeagle. You've definitely set the bar high for this tourney and I hope I can catch up soon.

RainDancer is still alive and kicking, though he won't able to continue his adventures until the weekend. Work getting in the way and all...