A "Windtitan" as I herby call her, is a hybrid build meant to split more equal between Bow and Javelin Lightning skills then in the other guides I have read up to this day. The primary focus of this build is in its flexibility, never should you be at a disadvantage because of lightning or physical immunes. When these show up in pair you will still be able to take out whatever it is with style. :wink3:
- This build is not for starters and require some wealth to complete; still it is not the most expensive one out there. In this guide I assume you can acquire almost anything in the game except those really above the top expensive things (items whit a cost of multiple high runes).
- I have chosen not to use any abbreviations, except in the summary, to ease the reading a bit. Please flame me if you despite this should happen to find one.
- Estimated damages are all maximum damage displayed in the (lying) character screen. (Level 90 amazon with not completly but close to perfect gear was used)
Bow and Crossbow
“While more than competent in hand-to-hand combat, training in the jungles of her native islands has shaped the Amazon's skill with the bow and missile weapons into one of unparalleled excellence.” – Arreat Summit, History of the Amazons
As I expect you have realized already the “Wind” in the name refers to the bow of usage, namely the great bow of bows “Windforce”. However to what use would such a bow be without the necessary skills to turn it to a weapon of destruction?
Well as the point in Fire Arrow is not really necessary, it is up to you if you will “waste” a point here; however I can tell you I have and I won’t regret it. Magic and Guided Arrow has as everyone know their uses. In a “no arrows” situation Magic will come in handy, Guided in contrast is perfect for hitting those sideway running monsters where multiple shot would be a waste of mana. What about cold arrow? Well same as fire arrow plus the ability to slow your opponent a bit … this is never something negative …
- Strafe: 14 Points; Will reach level 20 after “plus to skills” firing a minimum of seven arrows. Damage will be approximately 5k per arrow.
- Multiple shot: 4 Points; Will reach 10 after “plus to skills” and will deal a damage of around 4,5k for each of the eleven arrows fired per wave.
- Fire Arrow: 1 Point; Will reach 7 after “plus to skills”. This skill is purely for style points as the damage will only be about 1k (only the fire damage of course, you will still do mostly physical damage when using this skill).
- Prerequisites: 1 Point in all other prerequisites for Strafe.
Javelin and Spear
“With the bow, her only rivals are the Sisters of the Sightless Eye. But, unlike her sisters in arms, the Amazon is also highly adept in the use of spears and other thrown weapons.” – Arreat Summit, History of the Amazons
“Titans” in the name is just as obvious “Wind” (if not even more) referring to the weapon of use, in this case the superbly reliable weapon of self replenishing javelins “Titan’s Revenge”. This weapon will turn into an endless bringer of chaos using the right skills …
I recommend maxing these first as they are good leveling skills. Jab will be useful quite often in the earlier stages and will have great attack speed and damage at later on. In the meantime charged strike should be your main attack until you can use your replenishing javelins. This meaning “titan’s” for most players … still note that the replenishing quantity suffix can spawn already at item level five for rare throwing weapons.
- Lightning Fury: 20 Points; Will reach level 32 after “plus to skills” and kill hordes of cows at the far from perfect but still respectable damage of roughly 1.5k.
- Charged Strike: 20 Points; Reaches level 32 after “plus to skills”. At this level it strikes down on thy enemy with a total of 9 bolts, doing 2k damage each.
- Prerequisites: 1 Point in all prerequisites.
Passive and Magic
As the piles of bodies and lakes of blood in your path expand there will be little happiness found if these include the bodies of your fallen friends and your own blood. This is where the evasive and magical arts of your ancestors will show you their old greatness one more …
Being a hybrid these skill levels will change between javelin and bow mode. Therefore I herby bring you a list for each mode:
- Valkyrie: 7 Points; Will reach level 17 after “plus to skills” when in javelin mode, bringing her the elite rare war pike she will need to … well do at least a bit damage.
- All other skills: 1 Point and then possibility to add more depending on preference.
Code:Javelin Mode Dodge/Avoid/Evade = 49/57/49 (%) Pierce = 73% Critical Strike = 58% Decoy = 110% life and 60 seconds duration Valkyrie = level 17 Bow Mode Dodge/Avoid/Evade = 42/50/42 (%) Pierce = 63% Critical Strike = 49% Decoy = 70% life and 40 seconds duration Valkyrie = level 13