Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterazn
    Thanks for the heads-up Sinner, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the advice too. I still strongly speak against the use of merc in PvP though.
    I will say this though. If you want your character to be able to hold his own in battle using an A3 merc with HOJ+Dragon+Dragon+ 2/15/x COA double Ber'd is one way of doing it. The only problem is the "uselessness" of an A3 merc and the fact that they tele are casters.

Banned
    Well, as I said, I'm not a fan of mercenaries in PvP. It's just too hard to handle and not that beneficial.

Banned
    hmm, my lite sorc usually have a tgods when battling lite-attack chars.

as far as i'm concern i usually tele out of range from chars like auradins/fohers.

but seems like all the auradins i battled have seriously low resists lol, and usually subjected to namelocking and lightning spams and they get the lovely red lettering soon lol :P.

Hey masterazn,
    Would you like this added into the Guide Thread for now.
    I can change the title if you'd like.
    Or are you still playing on remaking this thread>?

IncGamers Member

Address the necros

I play a lvl 82 bone necro on USEast, and maybe it's just that pubby auradins usually suck, but I don't lose to them on any kind of a consistent basis. Just throw on my tgods and a dwarf star if they have HF too, and typically I can bone spirit to hell, then bone wall them in and they die. Usually they hit me only minimally, I've got 1.5k life with BO, maxed resist with tgods equipped, and my spirits do around 4k damage on screen.

Your guide didn't specifically address necros, and seeing as how they're a prominent PVP class, I'd recommend it. I thought about making an auradin, and I've got the equipment to start out baseline, HOJ, 2x dreams, and Dragon, but in order to maximize effectiveness, I'd need to scrap the necro essentially. So what about Auradins' usefulness in private dueling leagues? How do they fare? I could only assume less, due to inability to fight off people with good resistances.

Also, for this type of characters' merc, I'd recommend an A1 merc with Faith. Not sure if the merc shooting lightning still exists, haven't tried it in awhile.

Banned
    Auradins are banned in most dueling leagues because Aura Stacking is usually not allowed. Plus, my auradin build relies heavily on absorb to stay alive versus casters, which again, is not allowed. The Auradin is a purely public pvp character that can go in and make toast of many opponents.

It has it's weaknesses, mainly versus: barbs, paladins, druids.

For necromancers, I have yet to meet one that can hurt me. I just stand away from them and once they're too close, I charge them and they die in one or two hits. After all, 12K charge is no joke :smiley:.

HeavŇngel: I'd like to keep it up on the main page a little longer for feedback. Unfortunately, I don't see anything major to be done to it, so feel free to put it into the guide thread. Thank you again for your support, I might be making yet another guide for maybe a hammerdin--battling tactics with videos.

-masterazn

IncGamers Member
    I sawl someone say something about using a Cadues over a Zerker, +mod Cadues can be used to make Hoj ?

IncGamers Member
    Hm, you should try to play some... non-pubby retard necros. You might be in for a surprise. I find that even the pure torchadins do nothing to me, and I only have 75 fire res. When they get the convic on me it kinda hurts... but hey, usually they don't last very long vs. a bone prison and a few spears.

IncGamers Member
    dont like how you suggest super sorb against certain classes (like javas fire trappers etc) since you alrady have a boost from resist auras. but good guide.

might want to mention 1 point into fanata + grief + smite. very useful against windies where your auras will kill off his minions, leaving him for free smite hits, i do this with my hdin all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner
    Your aura's will cancel out the auras from the merc since yours are a higher level.

Actually, this is wrong. This is only true of Conviction; This is because Conviction puts an aura at the paladin's feet, and at his target's feet. If the target has conviction on as well, then it tries to put it's own aura at the target's feet, and the paladin's. Because of this, with two auras trying to occupy the same person's 'space', so to speak, only the higher works, because higher level auras overwrite lower level ones.

However, if you have dream + dragon, and your mercenary has the same, each of you has individual auras. The enemies don't end up with an aura under theif feet; They just have a poof of fire, or a zap of electricity, when they take damage. A merc with dream/dragon/hoj will work perfectly fine, it just won't be synergized.