Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    I use either a Dreamadin or Torchadin, I have not considered combining the two. My Dreamadin's gear for pvp:

'Dream' Bone Visage
    'Dream' Kurast Shield
    'Duress' Archon
    'Doom' Zerker
    Drac's
    Gore Rider
    T-Gods or String
    2 ravenfrost, 2 dwarfstar, or 2 wisp
    Highlords or Rising Sun
    Pally toch, anni, poison, res, life, +elemental dmg charms

This set up gives me 87%fhr, 93% ow (a huge helper), 68% ds, and 30% cb.
    He's lvl 90 and has max res in hell, 1500 life before bo, 15k def, 75% max block (wearing 1 ravefrost).
    He does really well in pubs til 3-4 people party and proceed to rape me. I do have a hard time with bone necros; bone prison usually spells the end for me. Any suggestions on those?
    I did my skills a lil different: 20 lit res, 20 salvation, 20 conviction, 20 holy shield, rest into zeal. I usually charge around and then through someone, switch to zeal and proceed with the beatings. Is more points in charge that much more beneficial than zeal? You said yourself that your CVA will not be doing much physical dmg so charge = 1 hit, zeal = 5; the more swings the better I think to maximize your bonus to elemental melee dmg.

IncGamers Member
    I just built an auradin after seeing this build and i have a problem... my ar isnt good enough to hit most people... this is what i use

Dream Helm,
    Dream shield,
    Hoj zerker
    Dragon dusk
    Angelics
    Treks
    Dracul
    T-Gods

my resis suck but i am getting 6 15 resis charms today so ill be maxed... thats not my problem as stated above...

i am 74 and havent done hell skill quests but my skills r as follows...
    maxed resist fire
    maxed resist light
    10 salv
    maxed convic (i dont have many + skill items just torch and anni) so i hit 25 with my BC...
    10 in charge

i am planning on stopping at lvl 85... so i have about 15 more skill points to use...

my dex is 150 for block rate...
    i have nothing in str because of str charms...
    and i have like 300+ in vit.. something along those lines...

my ar with charge is only 7.8k give or take 1k...

can i get some advice about skill points and how to get the ar i need to actually hit people? thanks

Banned
    I don't seem to be having problems hitting opponents.

I recommend using metalgrid as your amulet along with 2 raven frost (20 dex, high AR).

Also, replace you HoJ with a beast zerker. If you need to charge and hit, i'm assuming your aura pulses are useless. Hence, use a beast and you should have enough AR to hit most people. If you're trying to hit barbs or paladins, you might as well give up and make another build.

IncGamers Member
    now how is it my aura pulses are useless if i am using exactly what ur guide says too for dmg... i maxed the resist frie and resit light... i have maxed convic... and i am working on salvation?

and how would 2 raven frost + metalgrid be better than angelics?

(if i come out sounding rude i dont mean to and im sorry, i appreciate the help)

Quote Originally Posted by masterazn
    I don't seem to be having problems hitting opponents.

I recommend using metalgrid as your amulet along with 2 raven frost (20 dex, high AR).

Also, replace you HoJ with a beast zerker. If you need to charge and hit, i'm assuming your aura pulses are useless. Hence, use a beast and you should have enough AR to hit most people. If you're trying to hit barbs or paladins, you might as well give up and make another build.

Banned
    I guess you could go with one raven frost and one angelic set. However, I don't know what's giving you so much trouble hitting things. If you're trying to hit barbs or paladins, as I said, give up. I've tried getting as much AR as possible sacrificing a ton of gear, it's still hard to hit them. Casters should not be giving you any trouble, on the other hand.

What I meant by aura pulses being useless was that if you needed to hit something, then that would be because your pulses didn't quite cut it. For me, I can usually just kill assassins, sorceresses, necromancers, amazons with the pulses.

The only exception above is an ES sorc, which you can easily make mince-meat out of if you charge her.

Hope this clears it up. If not, keep asking and thank you for looking at my guide!

-masterazn

IncGamers Member
    it cleared most things up... any idea why i cant kill anything will my pulses lol? only people that had crapy resis to begin with? i am thinking it might have to do with my salvation being only lvl 10... ill try to beef that up...

Quote Originally Posted by masterazn
    I guess you could go with one raven frost and one angelic set. However, I don't know what's giving you so much trouble hitting things. If you're trying to hit barbs or paladins, as I said, give up. I've tried getting as much AR as possible sacrificing a ton of gear, it's still hard to hit them. Casters should not be giving you any trouble, on the other hand.

What I meant by aura pulses being useless was that if you needed to hit something, then that would be because your pulses didn't quite cut it. For me, I can usually just kill assassins, sorceresses, necromancers, amazons with the pulses.

The only exception above is an ES sorc, which you can easily make mince-meat out of if you charge her.

Hope this clears it up. If not, keep asking and thank you for looking at my guide!

-masterazn

Banned
    Yeah max salvation, it'll help a bit. What level is your conviction? Are they stacking/sorbing?

Doesn't conviction lowers enemy defense to 0? If that's the case why would you need attack rating?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jake007
    Doesn't conviction lowers enemy defense to 0? If that's the case why would you need attack rating?
    If that were true, Conviction would be the number one Aura for all characters and builds. Conviction reduces some defense but not all.

IncGamers Member
    convic is lvl 24