Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quietus
    Actually, this is wrong. This is only true of Conviction; This is because Conviction puts an aura at the paladin's feet, and at his target's feet. If the target has conviction on as well, then it tries to put it's own aura at the target's feet, and the paladin's. Because of this, with two auras trying to occupy the same person's 'space', so to speak, only the higher works, because higher level auras overwrite lower level ones.

However, if you have dream + dragon, and your mercenary has the same, each of you has individual auras. The enemies don't end up with an aura under theif feet; They just have a poof of fire, or a zap of electricity, when they take damage. A merc with dream/dragon/hoj will work perfectly fine, it just won't be synergized.
    Do you have tested results proving this because all I have ever heard states that only the stronger of two like aura's will be in effect if two paladins are using the same aura. If this is true then an A3 merc with dragon/dream along side a dragon/dream pally with level 25 conviction would absolutely own in PvM.

I'm going to add this to the Guide thread.
    When you've updated it LMK.
    Thanks!

IncGamers Member
    question: since Conviction requires 1 point in holy fire, wouldn't this mess up the damage? or can someone explain how you get conviction.

question: since Conviction requires 1 point in holy fire, wouldn't this mess up the damage? or can someone explain how you get conviction.
    i think it doesnt effect it at all, as long as you're not using the lvl 1 holy fire aura..my guess is that there will be two to choose from when you go to assign hot keys..dunno for sure tho. just starting to gear up my auradin

Figured I'd post my Auradin variant as well.

20 resist lit
    20 resist fire
    20 convic
    2 Holy Shield
    1 Charge
    20 Fist of Heavens
    5 Holy Shock (for synergy...l88 now...rest go here)

9 Pcombat charms, raven, maras, Nats boots, HoJ phaseb, Dungo belt

I went with the FoH to try and deal with some of the high def chars. I didnt max salvation because I didn't like the tiny increase in PvP damage it gave. FoH usually deals around 5-600 PvP damage when it connects...I usually try and charge around and away from WW barbs while poking them with auras and FoH. Sometimes when they get frustrated they will run at me and I can connect with a charge to finish. Smiters OWN me though. Salvation and never missing attack with my tiny dr...plus charge of their own=death. Havent beaten one yet.

A note On gear: I went with dungo because I figured I needed SOME dr...but I like the tgods idea...nats boots because they are the best when U are looking at lit/cold resist and fast run, but I like the Tearhaunch idea...str dex all resists. hmm. Aldur's could be nice too, 50 life, 41% fire resist. HoJ Phaseb: it was cheap! People will give away 4os pb...but not 4os zerk...Ha! I like that I dont have to repair it, and the zeal speed seemed much better than zerk 9at least by calculation). My physdamage was so low, that there seemed no difference (other than range) in the two. I went with pb.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiphos
    Figured I'd post my Auradin variant as well.

20 resist lit
    20 resist fire
    20 convic
    2 Holy Shield
    1 Charge
    20 Fist of Heavens
    5 Holy Shock (for synergy...l88 now...rest go here)

9 Pcombat charms, raven, maras, Nats boots, HoJ phaseb, Dungo belt

I went with the FoH to try and deal with some of the high def chars. I didnt max salvation because I didn't like the tiny increase in PvP damage it gave. FoH usually deals around 5-600 PvP damage when it connects...I usually try and charge around and away from WW barbs while poking them with auras and FoH. Sometimes when they get frustrated they will run at me and I can connect with a charge to finish. Smiters OWN me though. Salvation and never missing attack with my tiny dr...plus charge of their own=death. Havent beaten one yet.

Lol, I just want to put that I beat ya to it:wink3: . I posted a guide a bit over a year ago lol and since I noticed your post was recent I hadda post so:laugh: . Question though, doesn't conviction aura levels conviction aura lvl (PvP, so you and your oponents level of conv) cancel lower out? I think I remember ppl fighting about this, and no one mentioned this in the guide discussion? Maybe this was resolved while I was gone.

IMC :grin:

Hey Masterazn, really nice guide here, like it a lot...
    1 question though...
    Would the HoJ weapon make much difference if i made it in a BA like you suggested or a Dimensional blade? (coz i already have a D blade 5 sox and it'd also camoflauge the fact that i'm leeching when i switch to a lightsabre...)
    Would the dmg and ar suffer too much? and maybe weapon range or summink?
    Cheers, Sib

IncGamers Member
    Hi Masterazn, thx for the nice guide '

Yeasterday i found 3 sox royal shield woth 40 res natural, would that be good for the dream?? and i found some gloves: 5% to max AR, 15dex, 49ed (60def gloves) and 10mf 5 lightradius. Will they be good for CVA ??

Regards, Kildahl..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dekarclad View Post
    I find that even the pure torchadins do nothing to me, and I only have 75 fire res. When they get the convic on me it kinda hurts...
    I have beaten my friend's smiter who wears 1dwarf+salvation with my day-dreamer(a torchadin with foh skill) only with pulses and he got also 75 res in hell so it hurts a lot with conv on you.

IncGamers Member
    Thanks alot for the guide. But I have a few questions.

1. Could you explain why you do not use verdungos instead?
    2. Is treks not an option? because max resist is possible w/o the 10 from tearhaunch. Or is the +2 to vigor important cause it saves you 3 skill points? but then again, you would already be putting a point into defiance for the synergy towards holy shield anyways wouldnt you?

Thanks