Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OCAU_MIKLE
    But your allowed to accept hand-me-down rw's that are possible hacked / tainted ?

- ocau_mikle
    You know of someone with tainted RWs? :shocked:

BattleTag Vegameister-2492
    I say that our duels should be as much as the pubby duels as possible, besides a few pointers:

1. The stacking absorb issue is fine the way it is now I think. Making a sorc heal you makes a so called duel a visit to ATMA instead. Big no no on this matter.

2. The basic manners rules, such as no gold stealing, no pot usage, no pk\nk'ing and so on.

Besides these, I think tele should be allowed to all, as should infinite FRW, FHR, decerp, kb, slow, holy freeze... all of them are nothing but part of the game, and I say we ain't any different than most duelers out there in thew world- we don't need special rules, not besides the stacking absorb, which is completely insane when it has no limitations.

No tele? That is ridiculous. It takes out most sorc builds from ever being competitive, and it makes the guys who are lucky enough to have enigma *cough* kab *cough* not be able to use it to their advantage. No tele is crap, with all due respect.

Banned
    Teleporting..... i'd like to see ANY build kill a sorc with 200% fcr teleport (who is hosting)...... Its just not possible... Not to mention us dialupers that get constant 500-1k ping makes teleporting a minimum of ONCE A SECOND!

- ocau_mikle

IncGamers Member
    The ping is a much bigger problem than FCR if you talk about teleport. I can see why people on dial-up dislike teleport, but playing a teleporting sorc on a 500 ping is just as impossible as trying to catch a sorc on a 500 ping.
    I'm of course totally for allowing teleport.

IncGamers Member
    200 FCR sorcs are pretty vulnerable to random charge or WW hits with no blocking, defense, or PDR. One lucky hit pretty much ends the duel for the sorc.

Teleport becomes pretty useless once the ping is in the 300 range since occasionally you'll stand in place casting tele without moving anywhere. Nevertheless, catching a teleporter while lagging isn't any harder than catching a desync charger (unless you're trying to use teleport yourself).

I like the idea of teleport, it would make my sorc viable and I'd make the sweetest Wind Druid ever if I had an Enigma...HOWEVER, rules should be made so it's fair for everyone, not just the DSL'd hosts. FRW caps were in place to help with desynch and lag. In 1.09 my PvP Necro had an ungodly amount of FRW and it became more of a duel trying to combat the desynch and catch your opponent than it was actually dueling. I'm still on the fence on the issue, but we need to make sure everyone gets the best chance at this. I don't want to cater to the 5% of SP PvP'ers that have an Enigma.

Maybe tele allowed for certain classes at certain casting speeds only....maybe not...If we are changing the rules to accomodate newer trends and players then we better damn well make them as fair as possible.

I agree that teleport should be allowed in GM duels, at least for sorc. To disallow an entire build (hammerdin) is also a bit harsh IMO.

But things like slow, Knock Back, Life Tap and Holy Freeze... come on. As I see it these rules are invented to try to balance the game so most match-ups are possible to play (especially things like different amounts of FRW allowed for different characters). When everything goes some builds are impossible to beat with others (an example of that might be all 3 - 0 wins in this tourney).

Also, rules in PvP is not just a SP thing. I don’t know if they still exist but it used to be a lot of duel leagues on cattlenet with very complex rules.

Banned
    omg. Ok put it this way. THE HOST WILL ALLWAYS WIN. Eg, tub getting beatern by a fireclaws bear -_-. I will come down to everyone only playing on their servers. And us aussies wont get any action :(. LEAVE THE RULES!!

- ocau_mikle

Quote Originally Posted by OCAU_MIKLE
    omg. Ok put it this way. THE HOST WILL ALLWAYS WIN. Eg, tub getting beatern by a fireclaws bear -_-. I will come down to everyone only playing on their servers. And us aussies wont get any action :(. LEAVE THE RULES!!

- ocau_mikle
    But without teleport sorcs are pretty much useless and you can always duel on a neutral server. With over 300 ping the game isn't very enjoyable anyway, with teleport or not, IMO.

Banned
    any char without teleport is "useless" agaisnt a character with it. Put it this way. If their where a person with an item that creamed anything you threw at them it would be banned in a second. AND imo the "new" pvp rules are clearly favouring certian class's / builds to allow for advantagous gear. Which imo is quite unfair. And not to mention most of us left bnet to exscape that kind of thing.

- ocau_mikle

EDIT: I just found another person that agrees with me

Quote Originally Posted by omgwtfbbqpwnt
    The SPF is very much against anything immoral (most unfortunately ).