Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 428 of 595 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438478528 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 5942
    BattleTag kestegs-1550
    It will be pretty sad. There aren't that many old people with tats yet, but soon enough people will realize how bad they look on old people, especially women. But at least that area isn't very visible most of the time.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Re: The Amazon Territory -- Off Topic

My grandpa got two tats while he served in the Army in Japan. One on each arm. Now granted, tat technology has probably been improved since the 1940's but they looked like a large blue glob when he got older. Couldn't even tell what they were.

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    That's kinda sad.

I do imagine that things have gotten a lot better, only one way to find out though, wait for some people to get old!

I can't think of anyone on my side of my family that even has a tattoo. I guess its family policy.

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

My memory probably plays tricks on me. But that is my memory of them. I think one of them was holding a rifle. Wouldn't doubt it since he got them while shooting other people with a rifle. But maybe I'll ask my mom. See if she can remember what they were.

LOL, just had a thought. I wonder how many of the soon to be old women with tats on their backs will even remember what those tats were?

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    They'll have to ask someone to take a picture of it for them

War tattoos I can sort of understand, and who wants to be that one guy which didn't get a matching tattoo.

BattleTag beest-1991

my wife has one of those back tattoos. and yes, i think they are dumb.

me and my brother are the only ones in our family with tats. you should of heard dad crack up when my bro came home with his down his forearm. lol was funny. i was already always a let down to him so he didn't care about mine. hell he didn't notice for about 6 months, even when i was in a singlet.

Wife's family however are pretty much all tattoo'd right up to her grandfather, his are military tats too. still vaguely recognisable as a well endowed lady and an anchor.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

In america, crack up=laugh/funny.

If you are already a let down, then I guess you've got nothing to lose, might as well throw on the singlet and go for broke!

BattleTag beest-1991

it means that in aus also.

also throw a tantrum style of thing. crack the sads. get really ridiculously over the top angry. you get the idea.

I remember when i was 16 about to turn 17 and had finished high school and decided i was going to enlist in the navy. So i asked him for help with my training to get prepped for it. He told me i'd never be any good in the military. clearly i gave up on the navy thing.

Which is good cos now i have my wife instead and it taught me to not give a damn about anyone's opinions but my own. Hopefully i'm also never enough of a jerk to discourage my kids like that.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

I guess its used that way over here too, just not usually.

I'm sure you won't be like that with your kids, I've never seen anything that would make me think that at all.

BattleTag beest-1991

What really got to me about it is the fact that i've never really seen or heard him say or do anything similar before or since. It was just such an out of character moment that i went HS maybe he's right. then lost all self confidence.