Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    There is going to be a huge scandal on who leaked this information to the NYT. This time, they're actually going to take it seriously rather than try to sweep it under the rug like the Valerie Plame incident.

Quote Originally Posted by maccool
    Looks like those pacifist Quakers are indeed terrorists. Probably because they believe in that wacky book with all the smiting. I always suspected those religious types of hating America with their message of peace and love.
    You're correct, I insist that the goverment should stop listening in on the quaker peaceful religious groups and listen only to islamic peaceful religious groups.

And speaking of names, quaker looks alot like quacker, and so I think they should change it. I'd rather have a creepy looking old duck than a creepy looking old man on my oatmeal box anyways.

IncGamers Member
    ^ The diffrence is in that quakers are PACIFIST - they dont attack people. It goes against their beliefs. If they'res a denomination of pacifist islam, i havent heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by eds01
    ^ The diffrence is in that quakers are PACIFIST - they dont attack people. It goes against their beliefs. If they'res a denomination of pacifist islam, i havent heard of it.
    Are you saying that is of the Islamic belief to attack people?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrochild313
    Are you saying that is of the Islamic belief to attack people?
    Islamists have tarnished the image of Islam. No Quakers have tarnished the Quaker image.

What % of Islamists have tarnished the image of Islam? And how tarnished was the image of Islam before the acts that made the religion "tarnished" actually occured?

I do like this philosophy however. We should only check the airbaggage of those of Islamic descent when they get on flights now. That'll speed things up and protect everyone's privacy.

The line appears to be drawn in the sand:

WASHINGTON Dec 17, 2005 -- President Bush said Saturday he personally has authorized a secret eavesdropping program in the U.S. more than 30 times since the Sept. 11 attacks and he lashed out at those involved in publicly revealing the program.
    "This authorization is a vital tool in our war against the terrorists. It is critical to saving American lives. The American people expect me to do everything in my power, under our laws and Constitution, to protect them and their civil liberties and that is exactly what I will continue to do as long as I am president of the United States," Bush said.
    Appearing angry at times during his eight-minute address, Bush left no doubt that he will continue authorizing the program.

"I intend to do so for as long as our nation faces a continuing threat from al-Qaida and related groups," he said.
    The Democratic response:

Reacting to Bush's defense of the NSA program, Sen. Russell Feingold, D-Wis., said the president's remarks were "breathtaking in how extreme they were."

Feingold said it was "absurd" that Bush said he relied on his inherent power as president to authorize the wiretaps.

"If that's true, he doesn't need the Patriot Act because he can just make it up as he goes along. I tell you, he's President George Bush, not King George Bush. This is not the system of government we have and that we fought for," Feingold told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.
    MSNBC

This should be very interesting folks. Are we a nation of laws ... of checks and balances ... or can these be usurped by executive authority?

"If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long as I'm the dictator." ... George Bush December 18, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by llad12
    ... of checks and balances ...
    I remember learning back in social studies class that part of the checks and balances is for the Judicial Branch to strike down executive actions as unconstitutional.

If the Judicial Branch finds this to be unconstitutional, then go go dems! *waves flag* King George II should face the wrath of the French Revolution! Are his actions truly unconstitutional? Or is it just more poo flung across the aisle? Time will tell, stay tuned folks!

I caught about 5 minutes of a story about this last night on tv. Seems it's been going on since at least the Carter administration. Sometime in the 70s, a secret court was set up for this specific thing, apparently. I wonder if what Shrub is doing is any different.

EDIT: Before Ilad's backlash ensues, let me go ahead and say that I don't yet know anything about this subject, and could have misinterpreted what I saw.