Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Re: Bush authorized NSA to spy on Americans -- seditious Quakers walk amongst us??

I never watch the edit history, except it's about people trying to hide rules violations.. and you are all guilty!
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Bush authorized NSA to spy on Americans -- seditious Quakers walk amongst us??

It's gotten THIS BAD because the Corporations and the .gov are working together.
    Activist faces 13 years in jail for anti-bank slogans written in chalk

1st Amendment rights - you don't have any 1st Amendment rights!
    3 sources:
    [1] http://now.msn.com/jeff-olson-faces-...halk-vandalism
    [2] http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3499177.html
    [3] http://rt.com/usa/california-man-13-prison-banks-237/

"Oh my gosh. I can't believe this is happening," said activist Jeff Olson who's facing 13 years in prison and fines of up to $13,000 for writing anti-bank messages in chalk on pavements outside several Bank of America branches last year in protest against the bailout. A San Diego judge ruled Olson's attorney could not refer to "the First Amendment, free speech, free expression, public forum, expressive conduct, or political speech during the trial." Without that, the 40-year-old's case is one of 13 counts of straight-up vandalism. With chalk. Olson's attorney, Tom Tosdal, was stumped by the move. "I've never heard that before, that a court can prohibit an argument of First Amendment rights." First time for everything, Tom.

one more
    [4] http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblog...ank-protester/

Well, it's still vandalism, even if it can be washed away with a garden hose. I suspect the judge just wanted to head off the political nonsense because it's not what was said that is at issue, but how he said it. It's not much different from someone egging your house and claiming free speech when you confront them.

Thirteen years does seem a little excessive though. At least without hearing any of the details.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Well, it's still vandalism, even if it can be washed away with a garden hose. I suspect the judge just wanted to head off the political nonsense because it's not what was said that is at issue, but how he said it. It's not much different from someone egging your house and claiming free speech when you confront them.

Thirteen years does seem a little excessive though. At least without hearing any of the details.
    Seriously - How do you say this?

FacePalm!

13,000 to clean Chalk writing off and 13 years for writing it and your defending this?

Let alone the Breaking of the Constitutional rights of every US citizen involved in the decisions he made?

A San Diego judge ruled Olson's attorney could not refer to "the First Amendment, free speech, free expression, public forum, expressive conduct, or political speech during the trial."

May you get a ticket and a pissed off judge in your life as Karma.
    Meh: Better yet just a pissed off Cop and then you will be never heard from again.

Meantime I the taxpayer have to pay for the lawsuits this fool Judge is creating by being a *** like you.

FU ! I really mean it. If thats your viewpoint FU and the horse you rode in on~ U ****ing Nazi :(

P.S.
    Details? = I gave 4 Sources !

Your will only catch on when They come for you I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    I never watch the edit history, except it's about people trying to hide rules violations.. and you are all guilty!
    I know I am but it's important to call people out on bull**** even if a mod edits or bans me!

Apparently this is why we look like fools to the rest of the world - Historically you guys declare war for this kind of stuff (spying on You government etc) - I recommend saber rattling at least!
    Why is your government not more outraged - FYI I posted a link that showed the Dutch are in on the spying with the British as well the other day.

vdzele

is looking sane compared to people today.
    Last edited by BobCox2; 27-06-2013 at 07:06.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Anyone for iced tea?

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    I agree that the press likes to omit important parts to spice up their news, but I'm curious which details are needed to justify a 13 years prison term.
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    I agree that the press likes to omit important parts to spice up their news, but I'm curious which details are needed to justify a 13 years prison term.
    Don't know. Just idle speculation.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

More Details.
    In addition to possibly spending years in jail, Olson will also be held liable for fines of up to $13,000 over the anti-big-bank slogans that were left using washable children's chalk
    According to Olson, who spoke with local broadcaster KGTV, one Bank of America branch claimed it had cost $6,000 to clean up the chalk writing.

Uh, I need to get a job cleaning up at Big Banks.
    $6,000 to wash some chalk off a sidewalk?! Was it Bank of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan pissing pure gold water to wash off the protest slogans?

If you want to tell Bank of America what you think of their wasting our tax dollars to attack the First Amendment rights of a citizen, you can contact them here:

The Daily Kos Community has launched a petition in support of Jeff Olson...and the First Amendment. Tell the San Diego City Attorney to drop the case by signing our petition!

It seems that the worse things go, the better they go. The mix of arrogance, egomania and naivety - amazing!

That doesn't necessarily mean that I agree to Olsen's slogans, nor do I oppose them here.

Obviously the high cleanup cost is because they used the gold plated push broom to scrub.