Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: Bush authorized NSA to spy on Americans -- seditious Quakers walk amongst us??

I was not surprised back when this thread started and I'm not amazed now that it worse.

It's not about Republicans or Democrats. It's about those in power and how easy it is to do stuff given the tech today.

Glenn Greenwald on the NSA and PRISM: "It's well past time that we have a debate about whether that's the kind of country and world in which we want to live"

Meh: We don't need to know anyhow

After all what do we need to know for? It's all to protect us anyway.

Hey Kris where have you guys in Germany heard that before?

Meh; it's all the same.

***'s; Terrorist's.
    (Just wait a few years and the line above might have 2 rows of ***'s )

FYI All one of My Early ID's here (of at least 2 banned ones I recall before BobCox (#1) that I just forgot the password for) was Billweed so that is me from earlier in this thread.
    ban me again if you want.

- Gorney banned that one I think, still not sure why.

Proof: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...=1#post4036299

You can't stop us .

People all over the world are rising up against this kind of stuff.
    In the stupid ineffective way of the mob but those at the top better look out because when this stuff happens we just kill people until we get you all, and there are lot more of us than of you.

And We just Rise up again!

All the little angels rise up, rise up.
    All the little angels rise up high!
    How do they rise up, rise up, rise up?
    How do they rise up, rise up high?
    They rise heads up, heads up, heads up, they rise heads up, heads up high!

This is repeated with hands, arms, knees, and finally arse up.

Not posting a picture at the moment BUTT you get the idea I'm Sure.
    Last edited by BobCox2; 08-06-2013 at 11:18.

Re: Bush authorized NSA to spy on Americans -- seditious Quakers walk amongst us??

Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Besides, if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about."
    You sound suspicious. Are you, or have you ever been, a teabagger?
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    It's not about Republicans or Democrats. It's about those in power and how easy it is to do stuff given the tech today.
    See, Bob, this is why you cause me to lose hope. OF COURSE it's about Republicans and Democrats. The Republicans decry this sort of thing and then surreptitiously help it along, despite spit-balling from the Conservatives and Libertarians. The Democrats embrace it wholeheartedly and have anyone who isn't on their side investigated by the IRS. Progressives are a one-way kind of movement, and the Democrat party - YOUR beloved party - is the Progressive party.
    People all over the world are rising up against this kind of stuff.
    In the stupid ineffective way of the mob but those at the top better look out because when this stuff happens we just kill people until we get you all, and there are lot more of us than of you.
    You'll notice, however, that when this happens, the 'mob' is generally directed by other Progressives which weren't in the gang, and they all go after the industrialists and wealth generators rather than the politicians and lawyers who created the fascist construct in the first place.

The Koch Brothers will be running for their lives while Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and John McCain all happily continue wheeling & dealing. Then America will bomb whatever safe-haven there is from the New World Order the Koch's try to hide in.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

I'm also a member!

(I'm not bald)

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Last edited by BobCox2; 10-06-2013 at 00:50.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

500,000 American SMS's were intercepted on 9/11, indicating massive surveillance started well before the attacks

THIS IS THE OLD THREAD THATS A OLD VIDEO - TOLD YOU LONG AGO i KNEW IT WAS GOING ON AND NO ONE CARES.

but if you do...
    Last edited by BobCox2; 12-06-2013 at 04:09.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Yeah, I saw that one this morning.

It's pretty funny to watch RedEye and realize how far I am to the left of many of the guests... I understand completely about the supposedly sterile aspects of PRISM; it's that there's no credibility left supporting the "Trust Us" assertions by the Administration.

Plus, they're calling Snowden a traitor (Dick Cheney) who ISN'T aiding an enemy, but they never claimed the same of Manning, who did.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Without getting too far into the detail ( yeah, some hope!) is it possible that Manning wasn't so much aiding the enemy as uncovering the enemy? If secretive individuals are (arguably) acting against the good of the USA by means of their clandestine activities, surely an exposure to the light is a good thing?

Or is it always to be, My Country* Right or Wrong?

*for "My Country", read agenda of current crop of politicians and strategists

Brought to you by Devil's Advocate Inc and Is It Really Black And White In Here Or Is It Just Me?

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    is it possible that Manning wasn't so much aiding the enemy as uncovering the enemy?
    This mythology about Manning is not only disgusting and immaterial, but now seems to be part of his revisionist defense team's ongoing strategy to make Snowden analogous to him.

Manning didn't "leak" because he was somehow outraged about war crimes (PuffHo!?!) that he discovered. He was outraged that he wasn't applauded by his peers and the U.S. Army for coming out of the closet. There's facts, there's lies, and then there's the bullshyte that people tell themselves to feel better about being on the side of treasonous filth like Manning.
    If secretive individuals are (arguably) acting against the good of the USA by means of their clandestine activities, surely an exposure to the light is a good thing?
    If you go back and examine what Manning revealed, it wasn't any great trove of horrific malevolence by the U.S., no matter how much you or Bob wish it were so. In fact, much of it (stolen from State Dept. feeds) revealed pretty much what a nasty world we live in and how the U.S. tries stupidly to make lemonade from lemons without crushing the lemons as they ought to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Quarterly
    To put it another way, much of what WikiLeaks has released might best be described as open secrets. It would have been no great shock to most Americans, for example, to learn about the United States’ covert activities against terrorists in Yemen. “The only surprising thing about the WikiLeaks revelations is that they contain no surprises,” says the noted Slovenian philosopher Slavoj Zizek, a professor at the European Graduate School. “The real disturbance was at the level of appearances: We can no longer pretend we don’t know what everyone knows we know.”

Or is it always to be, My Country* Right or Wrong?
    Like there's any of that left? If you hadn't noticed, My Country has been both the ultimate villain and the ultimate recourse for over 60 decades. Is it any wonder that the statists went after it with such gusto? Making patriotism the ultimate EBIL allows all kinds of things to be done, by many parties.