Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Re: Bush authorized NSA to spy on Americans -- seditious Quakers walk amongst us??

Do you read your own links? The article you posted does not say that. Lamo didn't have anything to do with the leak. He got Manning to confess that he leaked, he didn't help him leak it. It's good to know that it's not just my posts that you read and then re-interpret to fit your own little narrative.

Re: Bush authorized NSA to spy on Americans -- seditious Quakers walk amongst us??

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Do you read your own links? The article you posted does not say that. Lamo didn't have anything to do with the leak. He got Manning to confess that he leaked, he didn't help him leak it. It's good to know that it's not just my posts that you read and then re-interpret to fit your own little narrative.
    Your inability to process information is astounding; perhaps you can't "fathom" it because you're obtuse. Here's the link AGAIN; here's what I believe was the Wired article I first read.

Lamo was not the one who put Manning with Assange, true, and Manning's interest in the files was definitely of the prurient "exposed secrets" variety, but Manning explicitly stated that the reason he was leaking was his personal confusion/wanting to FTA (creepy/flirty chat logs w/ Lamo).

His actions had feck-all to do with what you & Bob keep claiming; he was going after diplomatic feeds and publicizing State Dept secrets first & foremost.

At least we don't have to worry about spending money on concealing it any longer.

Oh, and a quick google of Bradley manning torture gave me these:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/1...radley-Manning

This article contends the following tactics were used on Bradley Manning in various degrees.
    1. Solitary Confinement/Isolation
    2. Humiliation Techniques
    3. Sleep Deprivation
    4. Sensory Deprivation
    5. Stress Positions

The Daily Kos leans left, so here's a story about the report from the UN.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_895485.html

I have run out of time, but in summary, the 8th Amendment should prevent things like that from being used on American citizens.

I have run out of time, but in summary, the 8th Amendment should prevent things like that from being used on American citizens.
    See now, I have a problem with that sentiment. The "cruel and unusual" part of the eighth amendment was put in place to prevent things like flaying, dismemberment, stoning, pressing, things of that nature. Not being alone in a locked room for most of the day and being woken up in the middle of the night. Frankly, by those standards, just about every working American is suffering cruel torture.

Whether Manning was deserving of it or not, that's a separate matter. I just take issue with the constantly moving goalpost of what "cruel and unusual" applies to.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    His actions had feck-all to do with what you & Bob keep claiming; he was going after diplomatic feeds and publicizing State Dept secrets first & foremost.
    Assange: It is getting to the point where the mark of international distinction and service to humanity is no longer the Nobel Peace Prize, but an espionage indictment from the US Department of Justice.

The United States government charged former intelligence analyst Edward Snowden with spying on Friday. At a press conference to discuss the accusations, an N.S.A. spokesman surprised observers by announcing the spying charges against Mr. Snowden with a totally straight face.

Irony Much JMervyn?

“These charges send a clear message,” the spokesman said. “In the United States, you can’t spy on people.”
    Last edited by BobCox2; 23-06-2013 at 06:20.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Privacy is "precious" in the USA? I didn't get that memo

The Daily Kos leans left, so here's a story about the report from the UN.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_895485.html
    Yeah, you KosKids are too red for cred, so you'll cite the PuffHo? The UN Investigator didn't get immediate white glove access so TORTURE!!
    Glurin didn't school you as harshly as would I. But that would be me torturing you with my sharp words. THE COMFY CHAIR!

"He stated explicitly that the blankets are not soft in the least and expressed concern that he had to lie very still at night to avoid receiving carpet burns."

What a pitiable little specimen you are. Note that the quote is actually firedoglake, which is as Leftist as the two you vomited.

Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    The United States government charged former intelligence analyst Edward Snowden with spying on Friday. At a press conference to discuss the accusations, an N.S.A. spokesman surprised observers by announcing the spying charges against Mr. Snowden with a totally straight face.

Irony Much JMervyn?
    You're saying it to me? I'm the one who wants the boot in on Manning but not on Snowden.

P.S. Assange is communist scum, but not necessarily a traitor, as he's Australian. But they hate him a bit too, since his stated objective is not "transparency" as so many of you assume, but the violent overthrow of modern Western civilization to be replaced by communism in the context of Saro's fantasy-land. You'll have to dig a bit to find out his background, but his childhood was like a cheap version of the kid in Terminator 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Privacy is "precious" in the USA? I didn't get that memo
    It used to be. There's still the concept that you should be able to profit from surrendering yours, and that others can't make that decision for you.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

P.S. Assange is communist scum, but not necessarily a traitor, as he's Australian. But they hate him a bit too, since his stated objective is not "transparency" as so many of you assume, but the violent overthrow of modern Western civilization to be replaced by communism in the context of Saro's fantasy-land. You'll have to dig a bit to find out his background, but his childhood was like a cheap version of the kid in Terminator 2.

It used to be.
    Are you talking about "HIS MOM" Cause we all know how you react to that kind of ****!
    Julian Assange was willing to go to Sweden to answer allegations. All he wanted was a guarantee he wouldn't be handed over to the United States. Sweden refused.
    There's still the concept that you should be able to profit from surrendering yours, and that others can't make that decision for you.
    The Idea of "Surrender to Allah", worries more more than Communists the last few years as Communism is a lost cause even in the East.

But the Idea of you get to USE THE MACHINE to know everthing about me to prove I don't have anything to hide...
    makes me want to..
    Well...
    KILL YOUR ABILITY TO SEE ANYTHING AT ALL.

**** YOU I WON'T DO WHAT You TELL ME!

Even 10 years+ later.
    Last edited by BobCox2; 23-06-2013 at 11:45.

HAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!! 8-Bob, I've got a bridge to sell, are you interested? Assange's "surprise sex" problems have nothing to do with extradition, and everything to do with his being a slimeball of the lowest shelf. (note: Gawker = not the most Riech-Wing site)
    The Idea of "Surrender to Allah", worries more more than Communists the last few years as Communism is a lost cause even in the East.
    You're so funny. What do you thing Progressives are 'progressing' towards? Did you vote for Dear Leader, Bob?
    But the Idea of you get to USE THE MACHINE to know everthing about me to prove I don't have anything to hide...
    makes me want to..
    Well...
    KILL YOUR ABILITY TO SEE ANYTHING AT ALL.
    More importantly, it ought to make you realize just what a fool you are (and have been) for supporting those who want to grow THE MACHINE ever-larger in the name of "the Children" or whatever. Your pals are the ones who want the Gov't deeply up their every crevice, even as they claim the Gov't shouldn't have control over a womb.

Wake up, Bob. Follow the white rabbit.

Does this mean we get to execute them ALL for treason? Oh Please oh please!