Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Critique my classic forge rusher build

Hi all,

I began working on a classic forge rusher. I went through the various builds stickied here as well as in the sorceress forum, but I didn't find anything that caught my eye, so I decided to try something different. I designed a build to be:

Item independant - Don't want to mf in classic.

Quick Boss Killer - Especially in full games.

Durable - To help with lag-plagued servers and frequent, dangerous teleporting.

Can be completed by level 60 - I don't want to spend a lot of time leveling the char.

I came up with this sorcy:

20 FO
    1 Cold Mastery
    10 Static
    20 Energy Shield
    10 Telekinesis
    1 Teleport
    8 Prereqs

70 points - 12 from quests = 58.

Completed by level 59.

Stats: 290 + 15 from quests = 305

Str: 75 (For 3 Pdiamond Tower Shield)
    Dex: Base/51 (Depending on whether I find a Shard or not)
    Vit: 100 (Not sure here really, need input)
    Nrg: 160 (Again, not sure how much I need here either)

Results:

Item Independant? Yes, most sorcy builds are.

Quick Boss Killer? Yes, level 10 Static should be able to sliver all bosses rather quickly, especially in classic without the Static limits in nm and hell. Bonus points for Static keeping up with monster hitpoints in full games. The FO has enough of a punch in it to finish them off.

Durable? Definitely. A solid Energy Shield, coupled with a good shield and decent resists make the build geared toward survival as opposed to killing power.

Can be completed by level 60? It looks like it. Although obviously I should get to level 80 to max out Telekinesis and Static, I'm hoping it won't really be necessary.

Thoughts? Input? Can this work?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WebDragon
    Hi all,

I began working on a classic forge rusher. I went through the various builds stickied here as well as in the sorceress forum, but I didn't find anything that caught my eye, so I decided to try something different. I designed a build to be:
    For hell forge rusher do you just taking ppl to act 1 hell then move them to lod to finish it off?

If so you just need to be able to kill diablo in nm, which any lv 50+ orb sorc can do, how many ppl you rushing just one or full game?

If more than about 2 or 3 you will need some cold mastery to kill in nm cs quickly and seis in nm diablo can be a pain, sometimes cold immue, and if you have 4+ people in game it is difficult to static him down to a low enough ammount to kill with another low level skill.

Can give more advice but is pointless until we know how far you taking ppl.

IncGamers Member
    Try this:
    20 Orb
    10 CM
    20 Telekinesis
    15 Static
    1 Teleport
    6 Pre-reqs
    Buy a +2 Skills +3 Energy Shield from a vendor (Ormus in Act3 NM is the best place to buy +2 staves). With +1 (easily got from Amulet) you got 45% ES that will last for more than 7 minutes. Switch manually, cast then get your gear back. That way you save 3 requisites for Energy Shield. You can even put some points to it, but should get most of it from a staff. Points to Telekinesis are more important than ES because of the mana comsumption.
    Also, I don't think 75 STR is worth for a Tower Shield. Stick with a Gothic or even a Large one. As for dexterity, with Orb you may not need more than 40 FCR. That is achievable using a wand and rings. You can save up some stats that way that could go up to vitality.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawly
    For hell forge rusher do you just taking ppl to act 1 hell then move them to lod to finish it off?

If so you just need to be able to kill diablo in nm, which any lv 50+ orb sorc can do, how many ppl you rushing just one or full game?

If more than about 2 or 3 you will need some cold mastery to kill in nm cs quickly and seis in nm diablo can be a pain, sometimes cold immue, and if you have 4+ people in game it is difficult to static him down to a low enough ammount to kill with another low level skill.

Can give more advice but is pointless until we know how far you taking ppl.
    I'll have to get to act 3 hell before converting.

Other than the bosses, the areas I'll be clearing as opposed to teleporting through would be:

Maggot lair 3: Boss room - Norm, NM, Hell
    Claw Viper Temple 2 - Norm, NM, Hell
    Arcane Sanctuary: Summoner Platform - Norm, NM, Hell
    Tal Rasha's Tomb: Staff Room - Norm, NM, Hell
    Travincal - Norm, NM
    Durance of Hate 3: Meph's Corner - Norm, NM
    Chaos Sanctuary Norm, NM

Most games will be 2 to 3 player games. So the build should be geared towards that. However, I don't want the build to flounder in bigger games, namely 8 player games.

Also, you're right. I forgot about De seis' annoying habit of spawning immune to cold. This could be a problem. Perhaps a staff with +3 meteor?

Quote Originally Posted by Noite Escura
    Try this:
    20 Orb
    10 CM
    20 Telekinesis
    15 Static
    1 Teleport
    6 Pre-reqs
    Buy a +2 Skills +3 Energy Shield from a vendor (Ormus in Act3 NM is the best place to buy +2 staves). With +1 (easily got from Amulet) you got 45% ES that will last for more than 7 minutes. Switch manually, cast then get your gear back. That way you save 3 requisites for Energy Shield. You can even put some points to it, but should get most of it from a staff. Points to Telekinesis are more important than ES because of the mana comsumption.
    Also, I don't think 75 STR is worth for a Tower Shield. Stick with a Gothic or even a Large one. As for dexterity, with Orb you may not need more than 40 FCR. That is achievable using a wand and rings. You can save up some stats that way that could go up to vitality.
    That would definitely save me some points. I was hoping for at least level 8 ES, which is just before diminishing returns kick in, but that extra 10% absorbtion won't be worth the 4 points.

Also, could I not siphon some points from CM and Static (take 5 from each) to put into, say firewall (most dmg per point IIRC), to finish off cold immunes? Would it have enough kick at say level 8 to finish off a static'd nm de seis?

IncGamers Member
    Other than the bosses, the areas I'll be clearing as opposed to teleporting through would be:

Why not use Durimules to avoid needing to get the staff? Making one for each difficulty will pay off if you are doing this often enough. Here is a thread discussing it from the Newcomer forum

IncGamers Member
    [QUOTE=WebDragon]I'll have to get to act 3 hell before converting.

Claw Viper Temple 2 - Norm, NM, Hell
    Arcane Sanctuary: Summoner Platform - Norm, NM, Hell
    Tal Rasha's Tomb: Staff Room - Norm, NM, Hell
    Travincal - Norm, NM
    Durance of Hate 3: Meph's Corner - Norm, NM
    Chaos Sanctuary Norm, NM
    QUOTE]

Ok think you going to struggle m8ty if you got no backup like BO from barb
    claw viper temple (hell) = often death unless you teleport straight through real fast and have decent life and fhr, cant kill down there with cold sorc pretty much all cold immune, lv 2 you can get lucky most times as the center of the room where the chest with head piece is usually clear so can open tp run in and out without trying to kill anything. I dont even attempt this with my lv 88 blizz sorc unless i got BO.
    Arcane is tricky, need to get a safe spot for rushie to stand whilst you kill summoner not that easy as the vampir mages are cold immue usually 3 or 4 guarding the summoner.
    Talrasha's tome/staff room again too many cold immues to clear best just teleporting to staff room and set up tp and lure cold immue mobs away.

I think when rushing it is best not to try and kill anything you dont have to in hell, for act 2 i like to set tp up right next to objectives so ppl can get in and out without dying.

You should focus your build on getting through Act 2 hell as that is the main problem area. You will need a reasonable amount of fast cast to teleport without being hit, think you need 50% to be safe, you will need a reasonable ammount of fhr so you can teleport away from a hit without being mobbed. I wouldnt bother with ES at all tbh, and that way you can cut down your energy to a reasonable 100 and boost your vitality. And find a good source of rejuvs you going to need them

IncGamers Member
    0 points in warmth?

IncGamers Member
    Also, could I not siphon some points from CM and Static (take 5 from each) to put into, say firewall (most dmg per point IIRC), to finish off cold immunes? Would it have enough kick at say level 8 to finish off a static'd nm de seis?
    I think level 5 Meteor or Firewall is more than enough to kill him at NM. Firewall would be your best bet. If your'e going to put hard points in it, put one in Mastery and rest into it. The staff can be a good idea also in this case.
    But...hmmm will you be leveling your own chars here with another comp? Or are they real people? If the later, you can surely ask them to finish off De Seis and Cold imunes?

You only need one static. Skip ES on a rusher, just go for 70ish energy, low str, and rest in vit. Try to max orb, ice bolt, and a good amount in CM, only one in static, one in warmth, and maybe a few extras in teleport to cut down mana costs. Go for a 3soc large shield rather than a tower to reduce STR, or go for The Ward.

Good cheap rush gear would be:
    Full Irathas
    Twitch
    Shard
    FCR/Mana rings, res if needed
    3soc large OR The Ward
    Boots with whatever you want

70FCR, 85 all resists in hell if the rare rings/boots are good with The Ward, but there's less of a need for resists on them if you use a 3soc.

Level 60 is a low goal. I've done 1-84 in one day, 1-70 should be easy.

I would make a cheap rusher build, but I don't want to have to put up with more kids from LoD telling me how much classic sucks, then the ones on NL asking for dupe boots/rings, then trying to paypal my PP legit boots.
    Try moving to classic for a bit, the item system is much better.

IncGamers Member
    Thanks for the replies.

I forgot to mention Warmth, I'll probably put 1 hard point there.

Also, I'll be rushing my own chars mostly, so I'll need to do all the killing myself.

About ES. Because of my 300ish ping, my lag would make sure that I get smacked around on a regular basis. Obviously, FCR and FHR will be a great help in this area, but it doesn't matter if I die from 2 hits in nightmare.

As for Static. I agree that maxing it would be overkill, but I plan to use it on a tele/static/tele/static basis, so *some* radius will be very useful.

About the levelling. I don't understand how you can get to 70 in one day, let alone 84. I can see how it can be done if you manage to:

1. Get someone to rush you.
    2. Find full games for levelling.

So far I've found neither. I've made dozens of trist games and I don't get even 2 people in the game, usually no one shows up. In LoD, trist games fill up faster that "free here" games. I've had no such luck on classic ladder. Advice?