Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Thread: Upgrading

IncGamers Member

Upgrading

Coupla questions:

1. Is it possible to upgrade set items? It doesnt seem to be from reading about upgrading, but just want to make sure.

2. I know this sorta belongs on the sorc forum, but as a meteorb sorc is it worth upgrading my war travs n chance guards to the nxt lvl? Also is it actually possible to up the chancies/war travs? Will it just be the def that goes up?

Thx for any replies

IncGamers Member
    from wat i know sets cant be upgraded... as for yur 2nd question... unless u have hell lots of str.. i wouldnt recommend upgrading yur war travs.

IncGamers Member
    On non-ladder chance guards can be upgraded upto heavy bracers, ladder they can be upgraded a 2nd time up to vambracers. War travs would be upgraded to mirrored boots which would require 163str, pretty steep for a Sorc as I assume you are either going for max life/max block. Only the defence increases and in some cases I've been told it can DECREASE if they roll a low base defence.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthelad
    Coupla questions:

1. Is it possible to upgrade set items? It doesnt seem to be from reading about upgrading, but just want to make sure.

2. I know this sorta belongs on the sorc forum, but as a meteorb sorc is it worth upgrading my war travs n chance guards to the nxt lvl? Also is it actually possible to up the chancies/war travs? Will it just be the def that goes up?

Thx for any replies
    1. Yes, set items can't be upgraded.
    2. Yes, they can both be upped. You can even up your chancies twice if you like
    Requirements:
    Upped WT (Mirrored Boots): 163 str. Your Meteorb sorc won't like it
    Upped Chancies (Heavy Bracers): 58 str.
    Double Upped Chancies (Vambraces): 106 str.
    And yes, it only ups the defense.

IncGamers Member
    Thx for all the replies!
    Like I thought wiv set items then.
    Didnt consider the upped strength reqs, not a good idea to do the boots then!
    No my sorc wont like it lol, wud've been v upset if Id upped my 47war travs n then coudlnt wear them! v glad I asked that now!
    Tho uppin my 40mf chancies a coupla times sounds good... extra def is always welcome I guess!