Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member
    After you die, there is a hidden loss of your natural resistance if you have done the Anya quest. If you are in nightmare and did both normal and nightmare Anya quests for +20 to all resistances, then that bonus was missing after you died. That made it 20% easier for the lightning attacks to kill you. I say "hidden" because the character screen does not show this loss to resistances when you die. You only reset this when you leave/enter the game.

Those gloams are a general problem. It may be easier to start a new game and hope for a different/easier set of monsters than to fight through them. If you think you just HAVE to figure out a way to kill them, max lightning resistance is the first key. A single point in salvation for the paladin works wonders for the team. They move around pretty quick too, so if you can slow them down with any cold spell...blizzard, orb, frost nova..., that will help.

I've decided to find a many-socketed shield and fill it with ptopazes for a lot of light resist. Good idea?

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar
    If it's about the paladin, I suggest you get a nonmagical paladin shield with a good bonus to all resistances (up to +45 are possible), socket it with the Larzuk quest reward (it well get 4 if found in late nightmare) and put pdiamonds into it, so all your resists will improve. It might need some time to find such a shield, however.

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

If you're using a pally-use salvation! simple as that I think.

IncGamers Member
    After you die, there is a hidden loss of your natural resistance if you have done the Anya quest. If you are in nightmare and did both normal and nightmare Anya quests for +20 to all resistances, then that bonus was missing after you died. That made it 20% easier for the lightning attacks to kill you. I say "hidden" because the character screen does not show this loss to resistances when you die. You only reset this when you leave/enter the game.
    I thought something was fishy, I was damn sure my characters were being more fragile after a death but friends said I just imagined it.

Banned
    Well it seems that everything has been covered as far as gear and skills to make use of/look for. Have the two of you been playing together long? Seems you should try to complement each other's weakness. The suggestion about salvation is a good start and while the pally is keeping the focus on him your sorc should be spamming whatever main attack you have chosen to make short work of them. As long as it isn't.......lightning.

Weird. It seems to have been just in those few games that we had trouble... we had no problems whatsoever in the next 10 runs. Interesting.