Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why Are We Dying?

So my dad and I play an untwinked Sorc-Paladin team in private games only. We recently got through Nightmare. The first time through, we had no trouble whatsoever in the worldstone, but the second we stepped through the waypoint for our second Baal run, we got slaughtered by Burning Souls (or whatever the similar monsters are in WS2). We must have died to Burning Souls seventeen times before finally giving up... not the same pack, either. Every BS we came across, minion or not, killed us.

Why? Why did we do fine the first time but die countless times against the same monsters less than ten minutes later???? Help please!

How are your light resists? Was there a Conviction enchanted boss pack somewhere nearby? Did an Oblivion Knight put the Lower Resist curse on you?

Banned
    Maybe you didn't run into Souls the first time? And if you're naked it will usually only take one or two hits from one to kill you.

Souls are bugged to do physical damage with their lightning attacks, and it hurts you every frame instead of once or something like that.

Our light resists are horrible, but we did fine the first time through.

We died almost as fast with our armor and whatnot as naked.

We weren't cursed.

We did run into them the first time.

If the Souls were just super-hard, well, that would suck, but at least I'd understand the problem. What absolutely baffles me is the fact that they seemed at least ten times more difficult the second time through than they were the first. All other factors, as far as I can tell, were the same.

Banned
    What's bugged so they do physical damage with their poison attack on every frame is the snakes on the way to Nihlathak. Souls just do a lot of damage.

IncGamers Member
    Boost your lit defence and you should be find, but beware the Iron Maiden from other enemies down there too. The pally could be in danger there as well. If you have any hope of makin it anywhere in Hell you need resists a lot higher, so I'd work on boosting that ASAP.

IncGamers Member
    If i remember correctly from my 3 years experience of Diablo 2. To over-come burning souls easy. Try get a lightning absorb item. That is the "KEY" to overcoming immunity to them. Tho they can still hit you with physical. You wont take any lightning damage, or much. Absorb items only really work fully if you have FULL resists to that element.

~KaNdeeKiD~

Quote Originally Posted by KaNdeeKiD
    If i remember correctly from my 3 years experience of Diablo 2. To over-come burning souls easy. Try get a lightning absorb item. That is the "KEY" to overcoming immunity to them. Tho they can still hit you with physical. You wont take any lightning damage, or much. Absorb items only really work fully if you have FULL resists to that element.

~KaNdeeKiD~
    I think you missed this keyword "untwinked"

Getting any absorb item by playing untwinked is sheer luck and a lot of patience running bosses etc :rolleyes:

Banned
    Don't take it so hard, we've all died to those things at least a thousand times or two. :lol: The one instance you did well with them was probably luck, they got a bad roll maybe? Your going to need resistances if you plan on running the WSK. I think the bug with them is that physical damage get's added to their lightning attacks IIRC. I'm really not sure, but i'm certain that someone who is will be along shortly to better explain it. Congrats on getting there untwinked and good luck with it!