It's finally here, the second All Alone Tournament! The old one can be found here.
1) HC only. No mods.
2) Any class. Any skill allowed.
3) Any item you find may be used.
4) Here's the tough part, no going to town unless it is essential for progressing in the game, AND you may only speak to those necessary people for the purpose of going on, not to buy anything, AND you may never use your stash. Exception to this rule is you may go to town after killing Radament or Nihaltik (you must kill them, no going to town because you decided you had enough after sewer lvl 2) but you do not have to attempt these quests if you do not wish, the purpose of this being to allow anyone who wishes to do these quests.
5) No Save and Exit to escape death.
6) No re-running any area.
7) No multiplayer allowed.
8) You do not need to get all the wps nor complete all the quests.
9) You can mule off any items you want, but may not mule anything back on.
10) Winner will be whoever gets the furthest, if there is a tie then whoever has the most experience wins.
11) If you accidently break the rules, don't use the reward/item/merc you got from it. If it's a small breaking, you're not disqualified, but if you find yourself in act 4 with a rogue merc, that's severe enough to disqualify you.
12) Any /players setting allowed.
13) You may start again twice if you get disqualified or die within normal.
You may carry around tps and make town portals, but never go in them, in order to reroll ancients or because you think they look cool. Exceptions to this are when you must go to town, as in act 2. You mail wish to run around in the jail to find a tome of identity.
You also face a conundrum of whether to carry extra potions, khalim's brain, that rare scimitar, or the stormlash you found.
Changes from the first tournament include:
- relaxed save and exit rules
- relaxed disqualification rules
- option of killing radament and nihaltik
- two restarts
- changed the 'play through the game' simulating rule to no rerunning areas
- changed how a winner is chosen if there is a tie
To sign up, just tell us what your character's name and build will be. You must start your character before the end of January if you wish to participate. The tournament ends if there are no updates in this thread for three weeks, everyone dies, or May 10th (whichever comes first).