Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Tib's LLD Tournament

Hey guys, Ive got a little secret: aside from my PvM gaming, I do a little LLD on the side, but I find it hard to find games on SCL. If I have a game, Ill fight for a bit and then have people leave or return to town or whatnot. Total BS! So I came up with an idea I had many moons ago for another game: a ladder tournament with a small entrance fee and a large winning pot. For example, if there are 10 entrants and the entrance fee is 1 pgem, the winner will take 10 pgems home.

Thinking about this in further detail, I thought about different LLD classes. In my mind, I pictured an LLD as being just behind skill breakpoints. For example, a Class 1 will be below lvl 12. Class 2 below level 18, Class 3 below level 24, Class 4 below level 29, and finally, class 5 as being level 30 or below.

In chart form for comprehensiveness:
    Level | Class
    9 11 | Class 1
    12 17 | Class 2
    18 23 | Class 3
    24 29 | Class 4
    30 | Class 5

Any higher and theyre no longer LLDs in my opinion.

If there will be people interested in this, spread the word and let me know, Id love to set it up for everyone. I imagine most battles will be in the class 2 and 3 category with a few others in 4 and minimal battles in 1 and 5, but I could be wrong.

Some rules that may be enforced:
    - Only people in the battle (1 v 1) plus the moderator(s) at any given time if a fight is going on. All others should be in town.
    - No running back to town once a duel has started
    - No tping to town once a duel has started
    - No health potions or rejouvy potions.
    - No mercs (hirelings), but minions are acceptable (summons)
    - Best out of X games (best of 3 or 5 or 7 or 9, etc)
    - Collect ears for proof of kill.
    - Once duels have commenced, you may not switch characters, but altering gear between deaths is fine (switching your armour or weapons)
    - All games are to take place in act 1 normal mode.
    - No swearing / abuse toward any other person at any time.
    - Moderator cannot interfere or the round will be nulled and restarted. (if the mod moves to slow/damage any dueller).

Breaking rules will simply result in a removal from tournament. A serious infringement could result in a ban from the tournament completely (to never return to ANY tournament rounds); and a less serious infringement could result in an automatic loss of a particular round (your opponent gets 1 free kill). Other penalties (a warning) may be handed down at the discretion of the moderator.

Any others you guys think should be included? I played around with the idea of having a holy freeze pali or a char with a holy freeze merc to ensure nobody runs to town, but a class 3 or higher sorc can always bypass that, or a charger might survive it

Any input would be nice, or if this idea has already been created, let me know. If I can get a few volunteers to help me promote this would be great, or anyone who can help administrate it would kick butt! 2 or 3 mods per English-speaking realm would be super (use & w mainly).

IncGamers Member
    I would like to join plz

IncGamers Member
    sounds like fun. of course ill have to build one :lol:

IncGamers Member
    Very cool!

Why don't we have a first small game with 4 - 8 people by Dec 1? Entrance fee will be 1 pgem.

I'll create a small database to take care of all of the statistics & registrants and such later, but for now to get the feel of how I should run it and what rules to use, we'll go without!

Please post your
    a) primary account (one you play with most often)
    b) LLD account (one your character will be on)
    c) Character you will use
    d) Your first name (or callsign if you're shy.)

Let's make the first round a class 2 game, with lvl's 12 - 17.

This will give everyone a week to get a character to level 17.

~Tib

IncGamers Member
    I'm interested in this I only have a lvl 9 dueler right now, but I'm thinking about making a lvl 30 dueler. I probably won't make any other chars for the other tiers :( so just whisper me when ur going to have a tier/class 1 tourny, or just want to duel my druid
    main account: harrrrry (5 r's)
    lvl 9 on: harrry(3 r's)
    lvl 9 ww druid

IncGamers Member
    if anyone wants to duel my newly made 15-17 dueler msg me on bnet. acc is anumbis_GL3

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tib
    Very cool!

Why don't we have a first small game with 4 - 8 people by Dec 1? Entrance fee will be 1 pgem.

I'll create a small database to take care of all of the statistics & registrants and such later, but for now to get the feel of how I should run it and what rules to use, we'll go without!

Please post your
    a) primary account (one you play with most often)
    b) LLD account (one your character will be on)
    c) Character you will use
    d) Your first name (or callsign if you're shy.)

Let's make the first round a class 2 game, with lvl's 12 - 17.

This will give everyone a week to get a character to level 17.

~Tib
    a) anumbis_GL3
    b) same as above
    c) RiseAndDestroy (pally)
    d) chris

IncGamers Member
    if anyone wants to test there lld just msg me in a min.

IncGamers Member
    Wow, great responses from this so far, I expected a dinky little post that would get a dozen hits and no replies and die away into the ocen of ignored posts.

On that note, it's about time I started my own character!

IncGamers Member
    edited Wrong realm