Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 140 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    I like some of the stuff they have in HU (which I DLed and messed around a little with a hacked sorc on SP). More aura monster, curse monsters, and bosses that you can't just smite to death easily. Monsters need more variety in attack patterns as well.

Personally, I think a boss that counters with teleport or fly and avoid/attack from above would be nice. Ex. at 50% health, meph flies up and and start meteoring from above like crazy for 5~10 seconds (or worse, non-elemental, ie. magic damage or % of max hp attack). The idea is that you HAVE to dodge it, instead of tanking it. That would discourage Blizz sorcs as well...... Do it again at 25% health if desired. Audio/visual warning uber attack would be nice as well. (ex. Baal says stuff in Latin = your cue to run as far away from him as possible). Of course, lag might cause a few problems......

Also, bosses should be, bosses, not meats you kill for items. I also think that TP resets all boss hp would be nice, or an portal shrine right before boss, but no exit/TP inside. If you die, body would be outside, so it's easy to collect, but you would have to fight boss all over again. One thing I really liked about HU was that bosses drop loads of unique and nice items, but are definitely difficult to kill. Frankly, games like megaman, final fantasy, etc. has much better bosses than these "meats".

a new mod for low level items: x% stamina stolen per hit. Just so you don't have to stop running after 3 seconds to regain your stamina when you're level 1-15. :lol:

i agree alot : D i really like the game but it really gets epetive : /

the idea with bosses sounds gr8 right now they just goes to the closests foe and start attack until dead : O

a boss should be able to do lotsa a special attacks and certain events due to low life or something

and a wider variety of pefixes and suffixes...

but i really gets mad : /
    its almost as impossible to find a unique short sword in act 1 normal to find a exep/elite item in hell act 1-5 : /

why dont make more normal uniques and make them easier to find
    couse right now its like " ohh i found an unique " might be the only i found trough the whole act 1 but darn i cant use it until lvl 16 and it isnt really good on my char

and that means more variety on single items for example
    unique leather gloves = hands of broc, make it like 3-4 different uniques for the same items

IncGamers Member
    I don't know about changing super-unique AI - it always seemed fine to me. Baal does clone himself when he's in trouble (and not HR locked with a Holy Freeze merc attacking him with a Kelpie Snare while Decrepified). He always seems to avoid getting close to me, while his clone always guns just for me. Diablo never stays in one spot for long, unless he whips out his Red Lightning Hose (... he he). I love fighting the big D, it's so much fun because you can't just sit there and hack away at him like you can with Mephy, who I admit has boring AI. His definitely needs improvement. I recall a few times I've had to change my strategy simply because Mephy accidently pulled back, alerting a half dozen vampires that usually just sit in the little treasure room behind him. Meph SHOULD do more dodging, he's essentially a caster. But in most cases, a little tweeking and the AI should be perfect. Will this actually happen? Unlikely.

Cursed items are a fantasic idea. I never played with constricting ring, but it looked like fun. Awesome stats, but with a significant drawback that actually can change how you play.

IncGamers Member
    Thes are all cool ideas, expecialy the merc ones but will blizz acculay consider them?

Btw, when is this new patch maybe coming out?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinjaBoy
    Thes are all cool ideas, expecialy the merc ones but will blizz acculay consider them?

thanks
    I don't think Blizzard will actually implement them. As for new patches, I wouldn't hold my breath.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinjaBoy

thanks

eh.... patch 1.12 was basically saying "What should be changed". As for updating the patch, IF they do, it will be a while, like, at least 6 months, a year, something long. The problem is, it isn't bought as much as it was used to, so the blizz dudes are probably all "not caring about updating" but "working on D3 Patch 1.0". So, yeah, who knows, blizzard doesn't announce things unless they are wicked cool and close to completion.(by close, i mean, enought to brag about, and enought is like, 80% done)

IncGamers Member
    I'd like to see more patches that benefit dupers and screw over legit players.

Like the anni charm. Dupers should be rewarded for ruining this game. Lets only drop this amazing charm any time a duper feels like getting rid of a couple dozen soj's.

And I love being realmed out every time I mule. Naturally, the hackers spent a whopping 5 seconds on new patch day timing their program to avoid the time constraints and they never lose connection.

I also love the spambots. Make no attempt to ever remove their ip's. And if I squelch one, make sure that he's unsquelched every time I exit/re-enter bnet. I want him pm'ing me as much as possible.

People complain about the AI of the bosses and frankly, I agree. ==b

Blizzard had a chance to really make something out of the Pandemonium Quest, but it's rather sad that they chose a place like Tristram for the final battle for the Torch. I swear... they should have stuffed the Übers on top of Arreat Summit. That could've been so much more intimidating. Have a statue of each Prime Evil on top of Über Arreat Summit, and give them a new speech file when you click on the altar to release them, sort of like when you click the altar to release The Ancients. It would probably be something intimidating like how the world will end if you don't defeat them and all that junk. ^^

Oh, and make it so that the Red Portal on the Arreat Summit "end" closes off once the altar has been activated. That way, you won't have extra help flooding in; all or nothing, and you get it one shot at a time. ;D

... Of course, with that in mind, they could safely remove Meph's Conviction Aura/Lightning Enchantment, seeing as you're guranteed to fight all three at once in a confined space like Arreat Summit. XD

Quote Originally Posted by KyubiNaruto
    LOL!
    Agreed!
    Also I like the idea about new Runewords/Prefix, Suffixes.
    For example, we have Fire, Cold, Lightning and Poison Resistances, I'd like to see "+% Curse Resistances", and some creatable runewords with the "+% to experience gained" mod.
    Some new ones i've thought of, asides from the Curse Resists, are;

- % Chance to Nullify Target Defence/Attribute upon striking/when struck/death (ie - Stone Skin, Physical Immune, Extra Fast, Aura Enchant, etc.etc.)

- Introduce RF (Rune/Gem Find), HOWEVER, with something like this, I feel it should be capped at a certain %
    +% Better Chance of Getting Runes and/or Gems

- Introduce 'Cursed' Items, I got this idea much from the "Constricting Ring"
    Create items with abilities such as, +% Chance Target will be revived (imagine having to fight Uber Baal, Meph, or Diablo all over again because of this item your using), Level xx (Necromancer) Curse When Equipped.

- Some runes/items give the ability to give "+5% To Maximum 'xxxx' Resist", the ability to have another Prefix/Suffix, or new rune that gives "+5% To Maximum Chance to Block" would be fantastic.

Well thats all I got for now, I'll be back with more soon hopefully, there are a couple more I have in mind, but I don't think people will agree with them.
    Tell us some of those fun ideas you have, you wacky funstress you. It surely can't be THAT outlandish now, can it? ^^;;

Better yet, bring back the negative attribute items from the original Diablo. It doesn't make sense why "Fool's" is such a good mod you know what I mean? We should get some more of that stuff in the game, balance out the ridiculously over powered runewords. Maybe give "Enigma" a property that allows monsters to leech 200% HP/MP from you while you're wearing it? Or how about Making "Chains of Honor" Increase requirements by 50-100%? O=

Who knows? It'd be nice if anything at all from here happened... X3

IncGamers Member
    You could stuff the 3 ubers in a room a few yards across, it wouldn't make a damn difference

as long as crushing blow and lifetap work against them they will be a joke