Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    i like the merc ideas alot
    maybe merc quests would be cool too, only merc can kill things there, and when he completes the quest he gets a nice merc only item(or craftable items to make merc items)

In all seriousness? I want to see an extension to Act IV. The size of it almost makes it look pathetic compared to all the other acts, and it's high time 4 became > 1, 2, 3, and 5. XP

We could have new branching pathes from the Plains of Despair or something, maybe make a subsection of the act lead to other "river" type dungeons, and fill them with new/returning creatures. Horned Demons, those invisible demons from Diablo (can't remember the species name), Magma Demons, Blood Knights, and the works: That'd be so cool!!

For the other 3 quests, make them happen in between Izual and Forge. For example, one of the Guest Articles suggested making a dungeon for Azmodan and Belial, and give you quests to banish/destroy them. Wouldn't be too hard if they're willing to code all this new stuff like D Clone and Übers (I hope). Maybe killing them would in fact release the locks on the seals and allow you to open them. Hell, that'd explain why Diablo got trapped in the Sanctuary! Azmodan and Belial used it as their base of operations until Diablo stormed in shortly after Act III. He caused a ruckus and they sealed him in the Pentagram, while they split off their forcces to the surface levels of hell. Sound logic, no? ;D

I'd also like to see Mercenaries in Act IV... Tyrael would never let you hire out his posse of angels, but maybe you could get converted Blood Knights as mercenaries. Give the Paladin "frame" a graphic tooling so they look like Blood Knights, and voila. Also, Lachdanan would be the mercenary dispenser, and you'd earn the right to hire mercs from him by destroying Bartuc (No, the spirit of him in Hell... his armor is all over the place up above). :3

Just some thoughts. XD

Quote Originally Posted by KyubiNaruto
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~!!
    I got a good one!
    Make items "multi-posable".
    For example, aren't you sick of getting to a point of doing that "one last mf run" before you call it quits, when you find a Heaven's Light But you have no room in your inventory, except 3 small little spaces under your GC's, and it would fit if you could only turn it sideways, but unfortunatley... its big enough ONLY for SC's...

I don't know about you guys, but I think it would be nice if items were multi-directional, like the blocks in Tetris.
    :clap: *Dances to crazy Russian music* :clap:
    Incidentally, I agree.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raivyne
    OMG. Can't believe I forgot this one.

Just... yes..

even being able to drop pots into your belt instead of having to get the slot just so would be a big improvement.
    Its called Shift-Click. Automaticly puts potions in your belt...

Also I think the map buying thing is pretty lame. If you want to use a map hack just admit it...
    Takes the entire point of the game out if you know exactly where to go the second you start up the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Dragon
    In all seriousness? I want to see an extension to Act IV. The size of it almost makes it look pathetic compared to all the other acts, and it's high time 4 became > 1, 2, 3, and 5. XP

We could have new branching pathes from the Plains of Despair or something, maybe make a subsection of the act lead to other "river" type dungeons, and fill them with new/returning creatures. Horned Demons, those invisible demons from Diablo (can't remember the species name), Magma Demons, Blood Knights, and the works: That'd be so cool!!

For the other 3 quests, make them happen in between Izual and Forge. For example, one of the Guest Articles suggested making a dungeon for Azmodan and Belial, and give you quests to banish/destroy them. Wouldn't be too hard if they're willing to code all this new stuff like D Clone and Übers (I hope). Maybe killing them would in fact release the locks on the seals and allow you to open them. Hell, that'd explain why Diablo got trapped in the Sanctuary! Azmodan and Belial used it as their base of operations until Diablo stormed in shortly after Act III. He caused a ruckus and they sealed him in the Pentagram, while they split off their forcces to the surface levels of hell. Sound logic, no? ;D

I'd also like to see Mercenaries in Act IV... Tyrael would never let you hire out his posse of angels, but maybe you could get converted Blood Knights as mercenaries. Give the Paladin "frame" a graphic tooling so they look like Blood Knights, and voila. Also, Lachdanan would be the mercenary dispenser, and you'd earn the right to hire mercs from him by destroying Bartuc (No, the spirit of him in Hell... his armor is all over the place up above). :3

Just some thoughts. XD
    Your thoughts are like, "Whoa!" lol
    But I have something to add, don't you think that MAYBE, just MAYBE they haven't put the OTHER lesser evils in this game because they might be saving them for D3?? Would make sense... Another thing is, no offence, but I personally think it would be kind of dumb to hire an Oblivion/Blood Knight from Tyrael, in my opinion they should make it so you can hire 1 certain special merc from Tyrael after completing SOME quest, and that ONE singular mercenary you can hire would be named... you ready for this?
    "Lachdanan" How cool would it be to have freaking Lachdanan follow you around in stead of some Act 5 Barb?? OH OH OH!! And when you hire him he gets a random Paladin Aura. Man... that would be sweet...
    Quote Originally Posted by SMTP
    Its called Shift-Click. Automaticly puts potions in your belt...

Also I think the map buying thing is pretty lame. If you want to use a map hack just admit it...
    Takes the entire point of the game out if you know exactly where to go the second you start up the game.
    Well, how about a Hell only map merchant? I think that would be better no?
    or SPECIFIC maps to be sold at certain merchants, like for example, Natalya in act 3, if you don't decide to get rushed to Travincal, she can sell you a map of Act 3 Forests, and Sewers. Like there are some totally useless NPC's in the game that can be converted to a 'Map Merchant' but I agree with SMTP, you don't want to get like entire act maps, that would be stupid and make the game too easy, but maybe certain maps like the Natalya one I mentioned. Orrrrr Perhaps even a Tower Cellar map? Considering you get the quest from some moldy tome, you may as well make the map hidden somewhere and have to find it.

IncGamers Member
    That is true, lots of NPS seem very useless in the game. It is a good thing natalya has a good set in the game, otherwise i wouldn't like her...

Quote Originally Posted by KyubiNaruto
    Your thoughts are like, "Whoa!" lol
    But I have something to add, don't you think that MAYBE, just MAYBE they haven't put the OTHER lesser evils in this game because they might be saving them for D3?? Would make sense... Another thing is, no offence, but I personally think it would be kind of dumb to hire an Oblivion/Blood Knight from Tyrael, in my opinion they should make it so you can hire 1 certain special merc from Tyrael after completing SOME quest, and that ONE singular mercenary you can hire would be named... you ready for this?
    "Lachdanan" How cool would it be to have freaking Lachdanan follow you around in stead of some Act 5 Barb?? OH OH OH!! And when you hire him he gets a random Paladin Aura. Man... that would be sweet...
    You misunderstand what I meant. :uhhuh:

I meant that Lachdanan would become one of the NPCs in Act IV, and would take over Tyrael's duty as "act mercenary captain" once you completed the "said" quest. We all know (probably) that Lachdanan was the last of King Leoric's knights to still retain his humanity. That's why you got the silly potion for him that he drank to kill himself and you got... ta-dah! The Veil of Steel. ^^

Anyways, useless history for most people aside, as long as you get to hire a Blood Knight at all it'd be cool regardless (Blood, NOT Oblivion/Doom/Abyss... Blood Knights are infinitely cooler, because they die funny). Lachdanan would be extreme... imagine he came with a free Veil of Steel upon joining you as well? Throw in (upgraded versions of) Doom Bringer, Split Skull Shield, and Demonspike Coat too. XD

You have to admit... Blood Knights were some of the coolest monsters in the original Diablo (funny deaths aside), and bringing them back in anyway would be super cool. ;D

The only problem with the random aura idea would be level caps, and rerolling to get the desired aura. He'd need set limits on level or something, and Lachdanan would then need to be given a set range of auras he could spawn with. We don't want Barbarians rerolling his aura to get Fanatacism, or casters rolling for Meditation... too abusive like D Clone. ><

Also, even if they ARE saving the rest of the lesser evils for D3, Act IV really needs to get bigger, one way or another. :P

[PS: Something for the old school folks, I once chucked a legit Royal Circlet in a single player game because I liked Veil of Steel better. Then again, the legit stuff is only in single player back in D1... XD]

IncGamers Member
    They could always animate the graphics. You know, Like, when you are looking at a phase blade, a smoky auro will surround the blade.

Also, if an item has elemental damage, an aura will surround the weapon with that color of element or something. Like, if it has "plus electric dmg" then you can add little static things going up and down the weapon while you hold it.

Some new unique items would be nice. Currently, many items don't have unique versions (Archon Plate, Hellforge Plate, Colossus Sword, Mythical Sword, etc.)

IncGamers Member
    ENABLE A RUNEWORD THAT ALLOWS WEREBEARS TO USE WHIRLWIND!!!

I swear I won't use it in PvP... You'll probably just see me dancing around the Blood Moor and singing my werebear song... and don't think I don't have one... I sing it whenever I play him... for as long as I play him.

Also, it would be nice if when doing a quest later on in the game that gives you a new free merc, if instead of that you would win a free revive from that NPC. Of course, I could just stop fighting Blood Raven or completing other quests that are useless in Nightmare and Hell... maybe I SHOULD stop doing that...

And maybe allow non-corpse using characters to click on boss monster corpses to see their names. NO, I'm not serious, I'd just like to be able to remember funny boss names. I know I've seen funnier names than Puke Lust and Bone Shank the Impaler... he he he.

Lastly, and I don't want to insite hate from everyone here, but I'm waiting for Starcraft2 more impatiently than D3. I like the idea of D3 perhaps being MMORPG, but Starcraft2 is well past it's due. Plus, Blizzard seems to keep finding ways to make D2 interesting. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Dragon
    You misunderstand what I meant. :uhhuh:
    Anyways, useless history for most people aside, as long as you get to hire a Blood Knight at all it'd be cool regardless (Blood, NOT Oblivion/Doom/Abyss... Blood Knights are infinitely cooler, because they die funny).
    Actually, I know what you were talking about.
    Sorry im a geek, I was talking about the different variations, Blood Knights = Oblivion, and I believe Chaos? knights, that one might be something else, but yeah they all were the same monster, but just different names, I wasn't referring to the *** O.K.'s in this game. For example, like the variants of the 'Vixen's' in D1, I believe it was Succubus?
    But yeah you are definately right, they should make it a select set of auras for a BK, or Lach, but I think they should still make it random, so you don't get to choose/abuse it.