Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    95

    Nature's Peace Glitch?

    I was killing NM nilithak last night with a nature's peace ring on, and he still kept popping corpses at me. I was under the impression that CE would not be useable with "Slain Monsters RIP". Was I wrong or is this a glitch?




  2. #2
    IncGamers Member SirDooFuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote Originally Posted by raivyne
    I was killing NM nilithak last night with a nature's peace ring on, and he still kept popping corpses at me. I was under the impression that CE would not be useable with "Slain Monsters RIP". Was I wrong or is this a glitch?
    Were you killing the monsters or were your minions/hirelings killing the monsters? Rest in Peace only works the direct kills of the character holding the item.

    Beyond that:
    Nature's Peace: "Slain Monsters Rest in Peace" means that the bodies can't be resurrected or they can't be used to raise skeletons (Necromancer). They can't be used for Corpse Explosion either. It will work only if you kill the enemy with a physical damage or elemental (Blizzard or Fireball) and not magical damage. FYI: Necromancer Bone Spirit is a physical attack. The ring will work for the Paladin's Blessed Hammer skill.




  3. #3
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    826
    yeah most likely your hireling/minion killed the monsters which did not affect the "rest in peace" mod as mentinoned above




  4. #4
    IncGamers Member Orphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,412
    Also, if one of those suicidal critters dies on you, he'll still be able to use it's corpse for the CE.




  5. #5
    IncGamers Member RTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dimension of Numbers
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDooFuss
    It will work only if you kill the enemy with a physical damage or elemental (Blizzard or Fireball) and not magical damage. FYI: Necromancer Bone Spirit is a physical attack.
    Ignore this part, it's very wrong.




  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan
    Also, if one of those suicidal critters dies on you, he'll still be able to use it's corpse for the CE.
    I can confirm this. My sorc died some times already because of suiciders bombing me, and N using their corpses.




  7. #7
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDooFuss
    Were you killing the monsters or were your minions/hirelings killing the monsters? Rest in Peace only works the direct kills of the character holding the item.

    Beyond that:
    Nature's Peace: "Slain Monsters Rest in Peace" means that the bodies can't be resurrected or they can't be used to raise skeletons (Necromancer). They can't be used for Corpse Explosion either. It will work only if you kill the enemy with a physical damage or elemental (Blizzard or Fireball) and not magical damage. FYI: Necromancer Bone Spirit is a physical attack. The ring will work for the Paladin's Blessed Hammer skill.
    It could have been my shadow, or merc. Hadn't considered that, thanks!




  8. #8
    IncGamers Member SirDooFuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sunny California
    Posts
    2,207
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirDooFuss
    It will work only if you kill the enemy with a physical damage or elemental (Blizzard or Fireball) and not magical damage. FYI: Necromancer Bone Spirit is a physical attack.


    Quote Originally Posted by RTB
    Ignore this part, it's very wrong.
    Which part is wrong?
    This is directly from the Arreat Summit (www.battle.net)
    I haven't used it with bone spirit but I know for a fact it works with my sorcs' chain lightning and frozen orb.:scratch:




  9. #9
    IncGamers Member RTB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dimension of Numbers
    Posts
    5,112
    That part of the quote claims magical doesn't transfer the RIP mod, which is wrong.
    It also claims that Bone Spirit is a physical attack, which is very wrong.
    Last but not least, it claims that while magic dmg isn't supposed to transfer RIP, Blessed Hammer does work with it. Strange exception.




  10. #10
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by raivyne
    It could have been my shadow, or merc. Hadn't considered that, thanks!
    Since you mention your shadow and I'm thinking you're therefore playing an assassin, I'll just point out that in most places in the game code, traps are considered minions, so they probably don't have the benefit of the rest in peace mod either.

    Although if you're a trapper or trap/whatever hybrid, I'll also mention that the easiest way to deal with nihl's CE is to CE yourself first. Lay down a bunch of death sentries, and Nihl will never get a chance to CE you. My kicker/trap hybrid in last ladder was still the best Nihl hunter I've run, marginally better than my teleporting hammerdin, somewhat better than a zealot, and much better than any sorc or necro I've run him with.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •