Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    when going the frozen orb/energy shield route, how much mana is enough?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shag
    when going the frozen orb/energy shield route, how much mana is enough?
    I boosted my Energy points up to 160 then dumped the rest into Vit. With Shard, Nightsmoke, and Frosties, my mana shot up to about 720ish, and now that I have a Sorc ammy that adds 45 to mana, I now have 770ish mana. With a BO, I can easily reach 1200-1300, making me a walking tank of sorts. If you think going this route will hurt your life points, then to round it out, wear a 3-Socket PRuby Mask, and presto, 1200-1300 Mana AND Life with BO.

- Akukami

IncGamers Member
    Personally i like a slightly diffirent setup for my es/fo sorcs... pvm that is

20 telekenises
    20 energy shield
    20 orb
    20 cold mastery
    Rest ice bolt

Frosties
    2X sojs
    3 pruby helm
    Hotspur
    2 pdiamond 1 pruby large shield, or godly rare bone
    venomward
    +sorc 10 fcr pris ammy, on mine i used a magic +2 10 fcr ammy
    Maelstrom

50 vita
    rest energy
    nuff strength 4 gear

prebuff with +2 sorc 3 energy shield staff + tarn

Remember that on a pure es build, poison resist is the most important, since its the only thing that goes through energy shield

Fred

IncGamers Member
    @Fred
    Why maelstrom? that 40 light res really that important? or is it because of the fact that you can use 26 less stat points in dex due to not useing Shard.

if 40% fcr enough? and no fhr... wouldnt you get cought in a heck of an attack that drains all your mana and ends up killing you because you have no fcr to throw an Orb out there or enough fhr to tele out of harms way?

Let me know... im rebuilding my sorc as of now and would like to know your thoughts. afterall, your the one that made her...

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrdie
    @Fred
    Why maelstrom? that 40 light res really that important? or is it because of the fact that you can use 26 less stat points in dex due to not useing Shard.

if 40% fcr enough? and no fhr... wouldnt you get cought in a heck of an attack that drains all your mana and ends up killing you because you have no fcr to throw an Orb out there or enough fhr to tele out of harms way?

Let me know... im rebuilding my sorc as of now and would like to know your thoughts. afterall, your the one that made her...
    40 fcr is enough for an orber.

No fhr is needed, at all. You only go into fhr animation if your life suddenly drops below 1/12 or more. Your life bar will be barely scratched, while your mana pool will take pretty much everything, and it will be 2k+ before bo with insane regeneration

Fhr or not, if you tele into a mana burn fanat pack with no bo, your screwed

Just gotta keep an eye on the mana burners, the storm casters in hell cs dont do #$%^

Fred

IncGamers Member
    Yeah, makes sence... this should be a pretty dang strong rusher from the looks. Only real hag up i see in a full rush all the way through hell is maybe act 2. but i'm sure even that can be fanagled.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrdie
    Yeah, makes sence... this should be a pretty dang strong rusher from the looks. Only real hag up i see in a full rush all the way through hell is maybe act 2. but i'm sure even that can be fanagled.
    This is why I keep my Barb handy for Rushing Act 2. Of course, I'll be using two screens.

- Akukami

Note: Yes, I said two SCREENS, not two computers. :azn:

IncGamers Member
    Fred, what belt?

Quote Originally Posted by -Tempus-
    i have an old post someplace where i was testing different levs of orb/icebolt/mastery vs one of my other chars with different item setups in hell games. this was done when 1.10 came out and should still be here someplace. if its not i may still have the numbers to repost it.

some of the different setups were
    28 orb/mastery max icebolt
    28 orb, 9 mastery max icebolt
    28 orb/mastery 1 icebot

vs
    naked barb with 1 point NR so his resistance in hell was very bad
    barb with 75% to cold in hell
    barb with 90% to cold in hell
    pal with a total of 400% to 450% resist to cold in hell (with 75% or 92% max)

the first 2 barbs could die in 1-2 hits (close to 3k life) but the paladin would only lose a few hp from each attack.

the thing is to get the most out of orb you need tomax all 3 and use a lot of +skill items but you could kill faster if you just use a high lev static field for the range to take the monsters down to low life then use a 2nd attack skill thats not as strong to finsh them off. that works best if you want to make a 2 or 3 tree build. high lev SF with 105%fcr is still a ton of fun

-Tempus-
    i was doing some dmg tests with my orb/sf sorc vs a barb and pal of mine. i wanted to see how much dmg i would take with higher and higher resist to cold in hell games. sorc was using 28orb/mastery max icebolt
    1653 life lost on barb with -10% in hell (40% total)
    1330 life lost on barb with 72% in hell (122% total)
    545 life lost on pal with 85%max cold 107% in hell (157% total)
    295 life lost on pal with 85%max cold 175% in hell (225% total)
    153 life lost on pal with 95%max cold 291% in hell (341% total)
    51 life lost on pal with 95%max cold 351% in hell (401% total)

-tempus-

Re: Cold Mastery?

What level of Cold Mastery will break monster immunities, if possible?