SPUMF (Single Pass Untwinked Magic Find) Tourney Rules
Versions and Builds
- Characters may be either SC or HC. This should be declared when entering the tourney.
- Players can use any version of the game they would like. This should be declared when entering the tourney.
- Players may use any of the RTB mods (FE, RRM, RWM). This should be declared when entering the tourney.
- Characters may use any build they wish. (Synergy bug in 1.10 and Ethereal Armor bug in 1.11 are fair game.)
- Characters only have one chance in each area to collect their shiney pixels. You may not rerun any areas at all. If you need to get from a WP in an area you have cleared to the next area, you may kill any monsters you have to, but you may not pick up any items that drop. [*1]
- You may not kill the monsters in an area on one player setting, then increase the setting to pop chests or hork corpses.
- You may use ATMA (or Fast User Switching) to mule items that have been found by the character on and off the character.
- Players need to declare if they will be participating in the prizes when they sign up. Players that decide to opt-in for the prizes need to understand that they may lose some of their items. Players who opt-out of the prizes get to keep all of their stuff, but they may not choose items at the end.
- You are not required to complete quests/collect WPs. Keep in mind that since re-running areas is forbidden, you may not be able to go back and do a quest that you skipped at a latter time.
- You may go back to any Act (or difficulty) you wish to shop/gamble.
- This tournement will go until February 28th, 2006. At that point, your character's score must be submitted.
- You can sign up a new character any time before the end of the tourney.
- If you want to restart with a new character, your old character must be retired. Their score will be whatever it was at the time they retired. Only one character per player is eligible to be a winner in the tourney, but winners may choose items from any of your characters.
Side Contest - The Most Common S/U
So, what is the most commonly found set or unique? Is it that green breast plate, or that darn green ring? Keep track of the item that you have found the most of, and the person who collects the most of one single set/unique object wins this contest.
Side Contest - The Most Stylish Item
Each player may submit one item for this contest. We will all vote for the winner at the end. Be creative here, it could be a godly rare, a ridiculously named item, or an ilvl 87 ethereal Lenymo.
Side Contest - Rune Hunt
The person who finds the highest rune (including Hellforge drops) wins this one. The prize for this contest will be a trophy. (It will be some sort of personalized novelty item.)
Side Contest - Biggest Pile of Gold and Green
It's not the quality of items that you find, it's the sheer number that counts, right? Every set and unique item you find (including duplicates) gets one point for this contest.
The score will be made up of four numbers that will be added. Score sheets can be found here. Dead HC characters do not count any items that were on the character at the time of death.
- Grail Points (GP): You will score one point for each set and unique item the first time you find it. Each type of rainbow facet counts separately.
- Ethereal Grail Points (EGP): You will score 2 points for every ethereal set/unique you find. Both normal and ethereal versions of items count separately, so if you find a normal and ethereal Venom Ward, you will have 3 points total added to your score.
- Elite, jewelry, and class specific items score(EJCS): You will add up the points for your top 5 items in this catagory. You may count duplicate items in this score.
- TC3 item score (TC3): You will add up the points for your top 5 TC3 items. You may count duplicate items in this score.
- Players may opt-out of the tourney prizes. They will not have to give up any items, but they will also not be allowed to pick any items if they win a category.
- Players may set aside 2 items of their choosing to keep safe from being taken.
- Winners may choose their items from any participant that they want who has not opted out of the prizes. Keep in mind that moving items from one type of character to another (such as modded to unmmoded or HC to SC) could affect your trade/MP status.
- Prizes will be chosen as follows:
Ist Place: 5 items from any player (no more than 1 item from one player)
2nd Place: 3 items from any player except the 1st place winner. (no more than 1 item from one player)
3rd Place: 1 item from any player except the 1st or 2nd place winner.
The Most Common S/U winner: 1 item from any player except the 1st, 2nd or 3rd place winner.
The Most Stylish Item winner: 1 item from any player except the 1st, 2nd or 3rd place winner.
The Biggest Pile of Gold and Green winner: 1 item from any player except the 1st, 2nd or 3rd place winner.
The Rune Hunt winner: The winner of this contest gets bragging rights and a trophy.
 If you have cleared WSK2 already, and in running from the WP to WSK3 something like a gold sacred armor drops, you don't have to abandon it. Just make sure that your character doesn't use the item, and of course it won't count towards your total in the tourney. Use your common sense here.