Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 176 of 216 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2159
    Quote Originally Posted by hacchantal
    Haha, yup. Including you
    ^^ well im not interested in either hockey or soccer so i guess i am not a swede

hmm anyways have you noticed how dull some of the ppl are on here? haha and if you check some of the older posts you would find them talking about how hot Brad Pitt is :scratch: :shocked: never knew that there are guys who find him attractive :starry:

10 identical posts...

I knew the forum was screwy...but that just takes the mick...

Well if anyones interested, some random stuff from the life of Arb:

Spent the last 4 weeks being amazingly stressed out about Uni, trying to sort out re-sits, exam results, accomodation and what not. Eventually got most of it sorted today.
    Going home for the weekend, for a nice relax and meet with my mates, only job to do is to book accomodation for next year, which should be a doddle.
    After the weekend coming back to Uni, and handing in my re-sit form, then pack everything up and go home, get a job for 5 months, then go back to Uni, with my lovely new girly subject combination: Philosophy and Economics.
    I'll have to do an extra year at Uni this way, but I feel I'll be much happier, as to put if bluntly, the people I live with at the moment are a bunch of ****s, as well as me having difficulties in my studies.
    With the break away from studying, and more cash in my pocket from a job, I feel that my next semester at Uni will be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbedark
    10 identical posts...

I knew the forum was screwy...but that just takes the mick...

Well if anyones interested, some random stuff from the life of Arb:

Spent the last 4 weeks being amazingly stressed out about Uni, trying to sort out re-sits, exam results, accomodation and what not. Eventually got most of it sorted today.
    Going home for the weekend, for a nice relax and meet with my mates, only job to do is to book accomodation for next year, which should be a doddle.
    After the weekend coming back to Uni, and handing in my re-sit form, then pack everything up and go home, get a job for 5 months, then go back to Uni, with my lovely new girly subject combination: Philosophy and Economics.
    I'll have to do an extra year at Uni this way, but I feel I'll be much happier, as to put if bluntly, the people I live with at the moment are a bunch of ****s, as well as me having difficulties in my studies.
    With the break away from studying, and more cash in my pocket from a job, I feel that my next semester at Uni will be much better.

Finding student housing was the worst part of my entire university experience so far. They screwed us left right and centre. Our landlord tried to make us sign an extra contract giving him additional protection (fortunately I managed to persuade my housemates not to sign it) as a result of this for the first week he would keep on coming round in an attempt to make us sign. He wanted post-dated cheques for the entire year, claiming he wouldn't be able to cash them until the specified dates - which is nonsense because they were only 230 quid each.

Our letting agency not only charged an extortionate fee but also two months half rent, in which time we had legal liability yet were not even allowed to claim our keys until this two month period had expired. During these two months we also had to pay the utility bills.

The council tried to make us pay council tax although this was eventually resolved.

Finally the union, which for some undemocratic reason that escapes me is compulsory for all students, wouldn't help us - they refused to give any advice on any of the issues I have mentioned above.

On the whole a thoroughly unpleasant experience that I am glad I shall never have to go through again. Next year I will definitely be staying at home.

This is where I'll hopefully be staying next year. It's run by UNITE, so it's pretty legit etc, Just pay upfront for the letting period and upfront for the bills and its all sorted.

Shouldn't have any problems with any landlords or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Machina
    Edit - sorry for triple post
    omg did i post that crap 10 times????? hmm never knew i did. i wonder when they are going to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesAC
    omg did i post that crap 10 times????? hmm never knew i did. i wonder when they are going to fix it

10, no. Try 18...

Yes, the forum has some issues currently

Quote Originally Posted by Xora
    10, no. Try 18...

Yes, the forum has some issues currently
    18?!

Wow, I'm REALLY glad I'm dropping Maths now...can't even count...

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machina
    Finding student housing was the worst part of my entire university experience so far. They screwed us left right and centre. Our landlord tried to make us sign an extra contract giving him additional protection (fortunately I managed to persuade my housemates not to sign it) as a result of this for the first week he would keep on coming round in an attempt to make us sign. He wanted post-dated cheques for the entire year, claiming he wouldn't be able to cash them until the specified dates - which is nonsense because they were only 230 quid each.

Our letting agency not only charged an extortionate fee but also two months half rent, in which time we had legal liability yet were not even allowed to claim our keys until this two month period had expired. During these two months we also had to pay the utility bills.

The council tried to make us pay council tax although this was eventually resolved.

Finally the union, which for some undemocratic reason that escapes me is compulsory for all students, wouldn't help us - they refused to give any advice on any of the issues I have mentioned above.

On the whole a thoroughly unpleasant experience that I am glad I shall never have to go through again. Next year I will definitely be staying at home.

You get ripped off big time by all the student housing ppl in Cardiff, there are so many students & no-one cares, so they can just do what the f*** they want. If you get half your bond back at the end of your stay your lucky, & god help you if you've got a problem you want the landlord/lady to fix! If your a student you wont be able to, but try going with an estate agent rather than one of the student agents, the 'professionals only' properties are much better quality & problems tend to be sorted out much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbedark
    18?!

Wow, I'm REALLY glad I'm dropping Maths now...can't even count...

I probably had an unfair advantage, as i was the one deleting them - let me guess at the same time as you were counting ^^

But when that database error page comes up, every time you click refresh you'll make a new post. If you just click "back" or so when it comes up, there will be one post only. It makes the post, THEN it says error.