1. Hammerdin=Paladin with hammer weapons? (ie:war hammer)
2. Whats a decent/basic set of skills to invest in for a hammerdin to survive in at least NM difficulty?
3. What's a zealot (if it has anything to do with paladin builds)?
4. A.Been hearing a lot of things like "hammerdins are invincible"...so what is it that makes them so great?
B. what other builds of other character classes could prove to be a challenge to them?
5. What is the most powerful weapon that a hammerdin can wield? (normal, exceptional, elite, unique; can you name at least one from each type?)
sry if this appears to be in quiz format...i'm researching a term paper while typing this.
-Thanks for your help.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Hammerdin build
18-10-2005, 04:50 #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
18-10-2005, 05:08 #2Originally Posted by GDHKHR
1) hammerdin = paladin using blessed hammer ability. to make the most of it, max all the blessed hammer synergies.
2) max blessed hammer, blessed aim, vigor, and anything else that is a synergy to blessed hammer, it'll tell u when u go over the skill in the skill tree.
3) zealot = paladin using fanat/zeal combo to attack the minions. fanat increases ias, dmg while zeal makes u hit much faster.
4) hammerdins are pretty much pvm gods once u get the gear in terms of rushing, and key gathering. this is becuz nothing can stop their hammers except for uber trist who i hear is the only one immune to hammers. imagine doing 10k+ dmg to anything, i guarantee they'll die from that much dmg!
5) hmmmmm i dont know what to consider runewords to be elite or not if they include HR's but hoto i the best weapon a hammerdin can hold. wizzy is a good alternative and is elite i assume, maybe exceptional.
hope this helps.
18-10-2005, 07:16 #3
2. Donīt forget concentration.
4. Hammerdins have a high defence, a big life-ball, and do large area damage, that makes them pvm-gods.
4b In PVM itīs hard to beat them. Perhaps a javelin throing amazon with a decent merc can compete with them. If you are talking about PVP then a windduid can be a pain for a hammerdin.
5. Hammerdins donīt hit with the weapon they carry. They summon a magic hammer, that moves in circles around them, so everything with a plus to skills will work. The most popular has already been named. HOTO = Heart of the Oak
It is the runes KO + VEX + PUL + THUL in a Flail kind of weapon.
20-10-2005, 22:26 #4
Originally Posted by McCain123
- Join Date
- Jun 2005
20-10-2005, 23:23 #5
IncGamers Site Pal
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
- Noodle Compound
There are other species of Zealots as well, using auras other than Fanaticism. (Although that's the classic one.) A Frost Zealot uses the Holy Freeze aura to add massive cold damage, and a Tesladin uses the Holy Shock aura to add huge lightning damage. There can be some issues with immune monsters, but against non-immunes they can plow through crowds using their fists.
21-10-2005, 10:03 #6
A zealot use the combat skill Zeal in conjunktion (sp?) with Fanatism, Holy shock, Holy freeze, or Holy fire (the latter one is more uncomon).
Zeal adds more hits pr attack (capped at 4), in addition it adds Attack rating and damage pr skill level.