1. Hammerdin=Paladin with hammer weapons? (ie:war hammer)
2. Whats a decent/basic set of skills to invest in for a hammerdin to survive in at least NM difficulty?
3. What's a zealot (if it has anything to do with paladin builds)?
4. A.Been hearing a lot of things like "hammerdins are invincible"...so what is it that makes them so great?
B. what other builds of other character classes could prove to be a challenge to them?
5. What is the most powerful weapon that a hammerdin can wield? (normal, exceptional, elite, unique; can you name at least one from each type?)
sry if this appears to be in quiz format...i'm researching a term paper while typing this.
-Thanks for your help.
hope i can answer most of ur questions, be sure to check out the paladin forums for guides that will be more descriptive.
1) hammerdin = paladin using blessed hammer ability. to make the most of it, max all the blessed hammer synergies.
2) max blessed hammer, blessed aim, vigor, and anything else that is a synergy to blessed hammer, it'll tell u when u go over the skill in the skill tree.
3) zealot = paladin using fanat/zeal combo to attack the minions. fanat increases ias, dmg while zeal makes u hit much faster.
4) hammerdins are pretty much pvm gods once u get the gear in terms of rushing, and key gathering. this is becuz nothing can stop their hammers except for uber trist who i hear is the only one immune to hammers. imagine doing 10k+ dmg to anything, i guarantee they'll die from that much dmg!
5) hmmmmm i dont know what to consider runewords to be elite or not if they include HR's but hoto i the best weapon a hammerdin can hold. wizzy is a good alternative and is elite i assume, maybe exceptional.
4. Hammerdins have a high defence, a big life-ball, and do large area damage, that makes them pvm-gods.
4b In PVM itīs hard to beat them. Perhaps a javelin throing amazon with a decent merc can compete with them. If you are talking about PVP then a windduid can be a pain for a hammerdin.
5. Hammerdins donīt hit with the weapon they carry. They summon a magic hammer, that moves in circles around them, so everything with a plus to skills will work. The most popular has already been named. HOTO = Heart of the Oak
It is the runes KO + VEX + PUL + THUL in a Flail kind of weapon.
There are other species of Zealots as well, using auras other than Fanaticism. (Although that's the classic one.) A Frost Zealot uses the Holy Freeze aura to add massive cold damage, and a Tesladin uses the Holy Shock aura to add huge lightning damage. There can be some issues with immune monsters, but against non-immunes they can plow through crowds using their fists.