Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

how do you join normal games after beating diablo

hi,

I recently beat diablo although there was a paladin in the party who had a character level of 64 who did most of the work. Anyways, since then whenever i try to join battle net games the server will only allow me to join games on the nightmare level. how do i choose to join games at the normal level so I can play with friends and help them with their quests. I know you can create a new game in normal, however, then people who join can't complete any quests in the game right? What do I do? If the guy with a character level of 64 is able to join normal games I should be able to join them too since I'm only at 25.

thanks

IncGamers Member
    When you have beat normal difficulty, the gamelist will only show nightmare games. If you want to join a game in normal you have to write the gamename in the box above the gamelist. If you want to help someone with a quest, let them create the game.

The only way to join a Normal game now is to host them yourself, or if you know the name of a Normal game, you can join that way.

IncGamers Member
    You're going to have alot of trouble level 25 in nightmare.

IncGamers Member
    1. Create a new character on the same account. Use this character to view the list of games in normal mode of difficulty. Once you have selected a game from the list click on it once and it's name will appear in the "Game Name" bracket of the interface. Highlight the text using your mouse and press ctrl+c.

2. Switch from your current character to the character you want to play with and in the "Game Name" bracket press ctrl+v.

Using the copy/paste keyboard hotkeys will sometimes cause diablo to crash. If you want to avoid this memorize the name of the game you want to join instead.

IncGamers Member

Re: having major issues

My hell char cannot join games made by normal characters. It says game does not exist. Even when I know the game name and there is no level restrictions, i still cannot join with my hell character. However my normal character can join the game all day long, no problem. Any ideas? My friend wants help with ancients but my hell char can't join any of his norm games, it says game does not exist.

I tried joining other norm games following the copy paste method with the game name, still no luck. My hell character can only join games other hell characters have made. this goes for any difficulty setting. Its quite frustrating because i built this char to help my friends with quests but I can't reach them!

IncGamers Member

Re: having major issues

Unless they've changed something you should be able to join the games and help. These are some questions that might seem obvious, but I just want to make sure.

You and your friend are the same type of character? As in ladder or non-ladder. Same realm. b.net or open b.net. Expansion or Classic.

Are you trying to switch characters too fast? I wonder if it might be something that you have to wait a few moments for. Like when you create a game and you have to stay in it for a certain amount of time before it remains permanent.

When you copy and paste are you copy/pasting the correct name of the game? Make sure that you are not including any extra spaces when you paste the name. Sometimes when I copy something from somewhere else it will include a lot of spaces before the copy or sometimes a space after the copy. Try pasting the game name into a text document and see if there is anything that looks funny with it. I also suggest having your friend create an easy to type/remember name for a game and have him password protect it and sit in it while you try to join it.

Good luck and I hope you figure this out for the better and are able to join the games and help your friends.