Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Flying Scimitar Question

Hello all, I was reading up on where Flying Scimitars spawn, and all it says is they spawn from 'traps in Act 1'. Can someone tell me which traps exactly makes them spawn? I know it's not any barrels in the Jail levels 1-3, or any Barrels in the Catacombs (because there aren't any) If someone knows the answer, I'd gladly like to hear it =D

IncGamers Member
    They are in all acts, I think. And any trap can spawn them.

IncGamers Member
    I've personally only seen them from act 2 chests/barrels.

IncGamers Member
    Yeah, I've only see them activate in Act 2, never in other acts.

Banned
    They spawn in all area's of act two, no matter the difficulty. Can't really recall anything spectacular about them in norm and nightmare difficulty but in hell they spawn dual element immune. Lightning and fire if i recall correctly, at least that i've seen lately.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by De4dEyE
    Yeah, I've only see them activate in Act 2, never in other acts.
    They can be found in other places besides Act 2. They just appear in that particular act the most.

I've seen one spawn after opening a casket in the Flayer Dungeon. They spawn all over the place in the Matron's Den as well.

On a seperate note, the last time I came across a couple, one of them turned into a Coldsteel Eye. That was rather unexpected especially with a character with 0 MF.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyrus
    They can be found in other places besides Act 2. They just appear in that particular act the most.

I've seen one spawn after opening a casket in the Flayer Dungeon. They spawn all over the place in the Matron's Den as well.

On a seperate note, the last time I came across a couple, one of them turned into a Coldsteel Eye. That was rather unexpected especially with a character with 0 MF.
    coldsteel eye

the weapon that tries to kill you!

My experience is that chests in act 2 are most likely to spawn those flying scimitar. However, since 1.11, at the place where lilith exists, those chests are EXTREMELY likely to release them.

One more interesting point I noted: Those flying scimitars tend to return to their original form when dead ---- They very often give scimitars and its exceptional and unique forms :lol: . I suppose you could just farm them in lilith's place (if you have so many keys) to get the particular unique scimitars. Anybody notes the same?

Yes, they do have increased chance of dropping Scimitars and upgrades (norm = norm, norm+excep = nm, norm+excep+elite = hell).

They spawn with a rare scimitar equipped btw.

It's fun to fight a unique flying scimitar via a monster shrine :o