It's that time again. Some of you have waited literally months for a new tournament to start. Well, today your wishes have been fulfilled! Again, the rules have been revised a little and you'll notice some changes now with new divisions in effect. I have not toned down on the difficulty though. As I expressed in the 'Ideas' thread, not all, if any, of the final ideas made it through here.
Enough of talking it up! Here are the guidelines and additions for this tournament!
- Choose three characters - all characters MUST be from a different class
- ALL characters are to be Hardcore
- Living characters must stay within ONE Act of each other
- Characters can ONLY utilise two skills trees, not all three
Character Restriction Additions
- There are two Hardcore divisions operating in this tournament. A 1.10 and 1.11 division that will operate separately from each other
- Please notify me in this thread whether or not you are participating in a 'Self-found Grail', or if you prohibit yourself from trading with other players. Prize stashes from these players will not be collected, but as a consequence, they shall not receive any either (think of it as playing for the bragging rights, instead of the prize )
- Items can be bought from ALL Acts and difficulties
- Items used may ONLY be Normal, Magic or Rare
- Crafted, Runic, Set and Unique items CANNOT be used on characters or mercenaries at any point except outlined by the 'Character Rewards' section below
- Skills granted by an item for a skill tree that you do not use CANNOT be used if that item is equipped (IE: if a Sorc is using Fire and Cold skills, and uses an Orb with +1 to Teleport on it, the Orb can be used, but the Teleport skill cannot). This ALSO includes inherent skills from socketed items made into Runic items and 'for-all-character' skills present on such runewords as 'Enigma'
- Charges are perfectly acceptable
Item Restrictions Additions
As you can see, the tournament has become more difficult now. I believe that the second tournament saw an increase in Guardians being created and that much of the difficulty was lost by allowing Runewords into normal play. Hence I have decided to really test our elite Hardcore players (and new Hardcore players alike), by only allowing Normal, Magic and Rare items for normal play
As an added bonus, players are now given the option of equipping a Unique, Runic, Set or Crafted item of their choice when they:
- Start a new character
- Have made Destroyer
- And again when they've made Conqueror
- Unique, Set and Crafted items that are to be used on characters CANNOT be muled off onto a stash and then back on when the Destroyer/Conqueror milestone has been reached. However they can be placed on your remaining tournament characters for safe-keeping
The item slots available are as follows:
- Headgear (includes Primal Helms and Animal Pelts)
- Body Armour
- Shields (includes Paladin Shields and Necromancer Trophies)
- Weapons (includes Sorceress Orbs and Amazon Bows/Javelins/Pikes)
- Jewellery 1 (1 ring and 1 amulet)
- Jewellery 2 (2 rings)
- Mercenary Headgear (includes Primal Helms for Act V Barbarians)
- Mercenary Weapons
- Mercenary Armour (includes Shields for Act III Eastern Sorcerers)
But there is a catch that I shall explain. You are only allowed to choose ONE DEDICATED ITEM SLOT per milestone. Not only that, but the three item slots you plan to use MUST be decided BEFORE playing that character. For example:
A player using a Sorceress decides to choose '8. Jewellery 1' as her slot reward starting out the game, '7. Weapons' as her slot reward for making Destroyer and '2. Body Armour' when she has become a Conqueror. This now CANNOT be changed once he has commenced playing the Sorceress. If this player happens to find a Unique or Set Weapon for his Sorceress (or creates a Runic weapon or Crafts one), he MUST leave it on his Sorceress character or give it to one of his other tournament characters for temporary storage. It CANNOT be muled off onto his tournament stash and then put back on once he has made Destroyer with that Sorceress.
Character Rewards Additions
- As an added bonus, players are now also able to specify an item reward slot for the beginning of play, for their travels through Normal difficulty. This should hopefully offset some of the imbalance caused by removing Runic items from normal play
- All quests MUST be completed before moving onto the next Act
- Quests do NOT have to be completed in order
- Visiting previous difficulties is NOT allowed unless to socket or imbue items or to change map seeds
- Trading is NOT allowed between different players in this tournament, but it IS allowed between your own three characters
Play Restrictions Additions
[list][*]Allowing previous difficulties to be visited in order to change map seeds has now been made an acceptable practise, however visiting previous difficulties to buy items and gamble is still not acceptable
- Returning the Horadric Malus to Charsi and defeating Nihlathak are sufficient for completing those quests in Act I and Act V. It is up to you whether or not you use the imbue and engrave rewards
- 1 point per completed quest
- 3 points for finishing Normal difficulty (making Destroyer)
- 5 points for finishing Nightmare difficulty (making Conqueror)
- 11 points for finishing Hell difficulty (making Guardian)
- 1 item slot granted for a starting character
- 1 item slot granted for finishing Normal Difficulty (making Destroyer)
- 1 item slot granted for finishing Nightmare Difficulty (making Conqueror)
- 30 points per character finishing Normal
- 62 points per character finishing Nightmare
- 110 points per character finishing Hell
A time limit of 10 months applies to this tournament. There are also only 25 slots open for 1.10 and 1.11 play. I may also include a further five spaces for each version based on how quickly these slots fill up.
Please state, along with your team name and characters, what version you will be playing in and whether or not you have opted to play as part of a 'Self-found Grail' or whether you do not trade within the SP forum. Also include your choice of reward slots for every character, in every difficulty, before commencing play. Remember that these cannot be changed once you have started playing your characters! Please also note that the use of RWM and other mods are prohibited. Please ensure you are running a fresh copy of Diablo II v1.10, v1.11 or a disabled version of either with the RWM mod installed.
Please be intelligent with the items that you include for prize stashes. The items you should only be including in your final prize stashes should only be the following:
Low-level Uniques, Exceptional items and Elite items.
Please don't include several (thousand) Green Breast Plates or Green Rings, for instance. Other than that, Charms, Jewellery and Socketed Items are also a good idea to throw into the stash - I don't see too many of them when I'm sorting out things
Players who have completed play (either by dying, progressing to three Guardians or a mixture of both), must send a copy of their characters to the following email address, along with their prize stash, for verification:
Oh, one final thing.
The tournament starts......NOW!
I present to the SPF:
Team P§ÝÇHÕ - v1.11
Carpe_Corpsum - (Necro - Summon/Curse) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml
Cave_Canum - (Druid - Summon/Elem.) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml
La_Exorcista - (Paladin - Off. Aura/Def. Aura) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml
Carpe_Corpsum's chosen slots are '7. Weapons' for starting off, '8. Jewellery 1' for making Destroyer and '2. Body Armour' for making Conqueror.
Cave_Canum's chosen slots are '11. Mercenary Weapons' for starting off, '2. Body Armour' for making Destroyer and '8. Jewllery' for making Conqueror.
La_Exorcista's chosen slots are '7. Weapons' for starting off, '8. Jewellery 1' for making Destroyer and '6. Shields' for making Conqueror.