Quote Originally Posted by llad12
That is an attitude rather than fact.
llad12 talks of fact... OMG run for your lives!!

Get outa here ... as was aptly demonstrated by my link, it was their unflinching resolve, despite overwhelming odds and massive losses, to continue to fight on for reunification that led to public disillusionment of the war. The public's dismay eventually led politicians to call for the bogus "Vietnamization " and our withdrawal from said conflict.
Unflinching resolve my aunt's fanny. Ho's and the rest of the hierarchy's resolve, perhaps. If there was such resolve, the South would have joined in the fight, which I hope even you aren't trying to claim. Your link, while from a respectable enough source, certainly isn't the whole story as you pretend it to be. What you identify as a defensive war was one of the primary problems, though I won't disagree that it had to do with a complete misunderstanding of the situation, by some military as well as the political elements.

Tell me again what party that was? :lol:

PS: Siince you brought up a Civil War reference earlier, Jman, I will leave you with this concerning our march into Baghdad.
Nice, but remember who won? This isn't a civil war, at least not yet, and I wish you could join me in hoping that it wouldn't turn into one.

And in turn, I believe it was you who claimed the post-WW2 occupation of Germany was a bloodless, positive event? The numbers speak otherwise, though Shrub's Administration tried to overstate the success of the Werwolf campaign for PR purposes.