Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Hybrid View

IncGamers Member

Question [L] A5 Q1 Question?

First of all, this is my first post on this site!
    Now down to business!

I have a question thats been bugging me, on the socket quest in act 5, it states that it will add the maximum ammount of sockets to a normal item (ex. Normal War Pike = 6oc War Pike ); however, could you add the maximum ammount of sockets to an etheral item? (ex. Etheral War Pike = 6oc Etheral War Pike )

Another question would have to be, can you make runewords out of etheral items (6oc etheral war pike = BOTD Etheral War Pike )?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ag rocker
    First of all, this is my first post on this site!
    Now down to business!

I have a question thats been bugging me, on the socket quest in act 5, it states that it will add the maximum ammount of sockets to a normal item (ex. Normal War Pike = 6oc War Pike ); however, could you add the maximum ammount of sockets to an etheral item? (ex. Etheral War Pike = 6oc Etheral War Pike )

Another question would have to be, can you make runewords out of etheral items (6oc etheral war pike = BOTD Etheral War Pike )?

Thanks
    the number of sockets that the item will get depends on the monster that drops it, usually a item like a eth war pike dropped in hell WILL get 6 sockets from the laz quest, (yes laz quest gives u max sockets EVEN on eth items)

on the runeword question, yes u can turn the eth war pike to a ebotd as it is indestructable, using eth items will increase its dmg by a certain percentage over non eth items botd is made out of.

hope this helps.

IncGamers Member
    thanks alot that helps me out greatly, now i can make some etheral 6oc items cant make ebotd just yet.... need zod... like thatll happen tho

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ag rocker
    thanks alot that helps me out greatly, now i can make some etheral 6oc items cant make ebotd just yet.... need zod... like thatll happen tho

Hehe, i know what you mean, the highest rune ive ever found my self was probably jah or something =/.