First, I need a name for this tourny, any suggestions? I want something to do with luck preferably. Free PGem to whoever suggests a good name (wow!)
Here are the rules I have so far:
1. You may only equip your starting equipment and stuff you have gambled (you can pick up and sell anything.), with the exeptions below.
2. You can equip items given to you as a quest reward, and you can use your imbues. You can only socket items you could already equip.
3. You can socket things however you like, but because you can only equip things that have been gambled or imbued you will not be able to make runewords (unless I suppose you make one out of your starting items).
4. You can buy potions, books, scrolls, and you can repair stuff.
Character build rules:
Note: this bit is partly plagurised from a MP tournament I saw somewhere else, just so you know. I thought it was a nice idea, and wanted something to go with the gambling bit. The other tournament had 4 skills to max, I thought that would not be possible for many skill selections in SP.
1. Your character class will be chosen randomly.
2. You will have 4 skills you have to get to 15 / 3 skills you have to max, chosen randomly. (Opinions on which of these two option is more workable?) (you won't get 2 or more barb masteries, 2 or more druid spirits, wearbear and werewolf. Any other things that would just be pointless?)
3. You have one mulligan.
4. Your character's name will have to begin with a letter that is randomly chosen.
5. If you die you can restart with a different randomly-chosen character, you will not be allowed a mulligan for this character even if you did not use the first mulligan.
1. MP is permitted between tourney members.
2. Trading is not permitted.
1. You must get all waypoints and comlete all quests (apart from imbue and socket) before moving on to the next act, but you don't need to do them in order.
2. SC only, when you die you are out. (it's SC only to ensure that everyone can mp with each other, version permitting).
3. 1.10, 1.11, or 1.11b. No RRM or RWM (if you have these installed, I believe you can just make a new shortcut that doesn't include the 'path' stuff to play without the mods? Could someone confirm this?)
4. Atma use: you can mule on and off all you like.
1. 1 point for each WP and quest (2 for halls of the dead in NM and hard. Any others that should be worth 2?)
2. 10 for finishing each act
3. 10 for each set/unique gambled
4. 5/4/3/2/1 for best/second best etc item gambled (again decided by vote)
5. 5/4/3/2/1 if your build is judged (I'll hold a vote to decide which) hardest, second hardest, etc.
6. 1 point to someone randomly.
As my self-found grail stash on this PC consists of 3 crappy items, any donations to be given as prizes would be good.
1. Mule off into a prize stash all sets/uniques (expect ones that you want to keep for yourself, ie grail stuff), flawless and pGems, and good items that you find.
2. Everyone will get at least one item, winner gets first choice and the most items. When I know how many items there are, I'll post exactly how many everyone gets. I'll keep the different version stashes seperate.
I think that's everything covered... Anything that needs to be added/changed? And which of the 2 skill selection thingys are better?
Some items can't be gambled (necro heads, wands, staves, barb helms, druid helms, (pally shields?)), I was thinking of getting everyone to pick up and send to me all non-white or grey items like this that they find, and then ramdomly mixing them up (version permitting) and sending everyone back as many items as they sent in, this would allow the classes that equip these items to use them, but still keep it random.
How long should it run for?
You can sign up in this thread, I will also post a finalised sign-up thead when I have a start date (probably in a weeks time, I plan to leave the sign ups open until near the end) and name and stuff.