Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

David Blaine - Floater

I watched an A&E or something special on this dude last night. He's a hell of a magician, and also does extreme things like being totally encased in ice for 3 days, standing up, with no food, or being suspended in the air for 40+ days, just to prove he can do it.

The kicker is, though, that he claims to be able to levitate. The show last night actually showed him doing it, and was freaky as hell. Anyone seen this, or believe this dude can really float?

Man, that'd be cool.

I've seen it, and he can do some pretty neat things. I'm still skeptical though. Would like to see a performance in person.

Seen it. No idea how he does it... :scratch:

i know how he does it. i saw a show that showed how it was done.

Yeah I saw a show about the ice block thing. Something about there was a lookalike and a little passage in the floor. When they sprayed the ice to 'keep it from melting' he switched places, ate, and slept.

He's not so much a magician as he is someone with a lot of patience and time.

I love how people realize that traditional magicians rely on tricks of the eye and sleight of hand, but these new style magicians where they survive unbelievable things and turmoils and such, people believe it is real. They are tricks, people. Very neat ones, but tricks none the less.

Regardless, I am highly entertained watching street magicians perform. I find them the most impressive.

IncGamers Member
    i'm going to live forever. so far, so good.
    yeah, i think it was a pretty neat trick.

i wonder why people actually brush off david blaine as "just some guy who does tricks" while praising stage magicians and such. THEY'RE THE SAME. i certainly hope that these people realize that magic isn't real- they're all tricks. it just depends on the presentation. i like david blaine's style for his street magic- the tricks are simple, quick, smooth and still appears to be inexplicable.

I saw a special that totally explained everything he's ever done.

Anyway, the levitation thing was he stood on the ball of one foot and lifted the other foot. He positioned himself so you couldn't see the foot he was standing on, and genereally did this trick in dark places.

I really don't like him, he seems like a pompus backside of a mule.

I know how to do the floating thing with the feet. Seen it done, and they showed you how. Its very simple, and always never showing the front side of the foot. All you do is put feet together, and turn around saying stuff like "get to catch me if I start to fall"...then lift yourself up with your front part of 1 foot....both heels, and down the sides of the feet appear to be floating from the backside.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kobold
    Would like to see a performance in person.
    There ya go.

Have never see him do any magic in person. Nor have ever seen him advertised to do a live show. Never seen him ever ... after my numerous times to Vegas.

Smells like TV special effect.

And those are really lame magic tricks. Looks more like publicity stunts.