Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo
    I can make a single exception if you're still up for it. Only one exception though...
    If it's ok with everyone I'd be really happy to join . I'll try a sorceress ... it's only the second time I've ever played one (and the first one was in 1.3 and never made it out of act1 normal :rolleyes: ).

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra
    If it's ok with everyone I'd be really happy to join . I'll try a sorceress ... it's only the second time I've ever played one (and the first one was in 1.3 and never made it out of act1 normal :rolleyes: ).
    It's okay with me, don't know about others though.

A question with regards to points: are we to count the first level and waypoint (rogue encampment)? Some people do and others don't, so please clarify, so people will count the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lister of Smeg
    It's okay with me, don't know about others though.

A question with regards to points: are we to count the first level and waypoint (rogue encampment)? Some people do and others don't, so please clarify, so people will count the same.
    1 point per level gained. So don't count the first level.
    1 point per waypoint.. hmm.. I meant waypoint collected. So don't count the first...

so to clairify, the cow king does not give points, correct?

(and I 2nd Cass's inclusion)

Quote Originally Posted by water_moon
    so to clairify, the cow king does not give points, correct?
    As stated, only act bosses give points.

IncGamers Member
    Just thought it might be a good idea to make a list of disallowed skills.

This is correct for round 1, more might be disallowed in later rounds. The skills listed are not to be used, but points may be put in them as prerequisite and/or synergy.

Amazon: all skills allowed.
    Assassin: Cobra Strike not allowed.
    Barbarian: all skills allowed.
    Druid: Feral Rage, Hunger, and Carrion Vine not allowed.
    Necromancer: Blood Golem, Fire Golem (*), and Life Tap not allowed.
    Paladin: Prayer, Cleansing (**), Redemption, Holy Bolt, and Fist Of The Heavens (***) not allowed.
    Sorceress: all skills allowed.

(*) Fire golem absorbs fire damage to hitpoints.
    (**) Cleansing has prayer as prerequisite an gets the healing rate from prayer added. I assume that cleansing is allowed from an item, since it does not get the prayer bonus then, but again, that might be different if you have a point in prayer anyway, so be careful.
    (***) Fist Of The Heavens releases holy bolts which can heal, can anyone confirm these holy bolts heal indeed, just like the normal ones?

Unclear: Sacrifice, it has negative lifesteal.

Questions:

Would it be allowed to balance out lifesteal: use both items/skills with negative and with positive lifesteal or regeneration, to get 0 lifesteal and regeneration in total? The only item with negative regeneration I can think of is the Malice runeword, I don't know about any item with negative lifesteal, but the paladin skill Sacrifice has negative lifesteal.

I assume that absorb elemental damage items are not allowed, since they confer (part of) the elemental damage to hitpoints. This would disallow at least: Dwarf Star, Raven Frost, Lightsabre, Thundergods' Vigor, Blackhorn's Face, Flamebellow, Blackoak SHield, and Spirit Ward. (this list is probably incomplete)

Edit; as for NPC's, I checked with another character, since I never noticed it before and someone mentioned it here or in the other thread, you're indeed not allowed to visit Atma. Are there any other NPC, apart from the usual suspects (Akara, Fara, Ormus, Jamella, and Malah) and Atma you're not allowed to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo
    1: Yes
    2: You play as you like. But leaving out wp's means leaving out points. You decide.
    3: It's your game, and quests are not rewarded with points.

sorry for the late answer. Have been bbq'ing with my gf in her new apartment! (No, not inside, she has a balcony)
    1) Wonderful! I thought rubies would be all right, but just wanted to be absolutely sure.
    2) I foresee needing to go somewhere relatively easy at certain points in the game, so will collect those wps later (but not too much later or won't get experience).
    3) Good, good then. I did realize that quests weren't for points. I feared that I would break a rule, even after reading them three million times or so :lol:

Oh, and no problem on the timing for the answer. My internet connection died for the rest of the day not long after I posted, and this was my first stop this morning (even before reading the international news) :eek:

@Cassandra -- I have no problem with you joining. But I think there should be some window of opportunity for others who may have missed the deadline, wanted to join, and didn't speak up. That's up to Rizzo, whether to consider making more than one exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lister of Smeg

Would it be allowed to balance out lifesteal: use both items/skills with negative and with positive lifesteal or regeneration, to get 0 lifesteal and regeneration in total? The only item with negative regeneration I can think of is the Malice runeword, I don't know about any item with negative lifesteal, but the paladin skill Sacrifice has negative lifesteal.
    I think the answer should be no. Just don't use Malice or Sacrifice. Of course, it's up to Rizzo, but I wanted to put my opinion in.

Quote Originally Posted by TrubbaNot
    I think the answer should be no. Just don't use Malice or Sacrifice. Of course, it's up to Rizzo, but I wanted to put my opinion in.
    And the answer is no. However, since the rules say no healing, I see no trouble using sacrifice to have -8% lifesteal. You may NOT balance it out however. Should you choose to use sacrifice, you will loose life with each swing.

And thanks Smeg, for the write up

IncGamers Member
    I have been having alot of trouble getting D2 to work the way it is supposed to. I can still play, but it seems that I have to reinstall it every day. Anyway, I noticed today that it is possible to abuse BO to gain full health as an Barb. I was not aware of this, and nor was it my intention to use it. So, yesterday after I completed Act 2, and advanced to Act 3 in the tourney. I had 298/388 HP (without BO). I was talking to a friend on vocie over and was going to say how much I had with BO, so I went outside Kurast Docks, to put BO on, and I said how much I had. Right after that, with BO on, I saved and exited to play MP with my friend and now today, when I was going to continue with the tourney, I noticed that I had 388 HP :eek:
    To verify that, I made an backup of my save game. Went outside, lost some health, used BO, save and exit and it worked, I had full health again. BO can still be used, if you remember to let it wear of before you save and exit.

Im not sure if this is known, but im just pointing it out since no one else has mentioned it. Also, it should make rest of the Barb users aware of the fact not to use this, since it breaks the rule

So, Rizzo... Since I used this by accident, does it mean that I am out from the tourney?. If not, so now that I am aware of this, I wont use it again. I could take som intentional dmg, to make up for that.