Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LoVePlAyBoY
    HOLD ON, Where do you get the part time or even seasonal ones ^_^ ?

yeah i've done all nighters with water/food/breaks with my friends/cousins when i was younger. I've done some all weekends under my belt, but this usually with 6 people and on consoles and not everyone would be playing so there would be some long breaks.

Recently i'm been blessed with free time ( Gf vacation,noschool) so i been getting a good 2-4 hours of gameplay in guildwars
    GF on vacation can mean trouble. And is that your girlfriend in your avatar? :eek:

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterazn
    GF on vacation can mean trouble. And is that your girlfriend in your avatar? :eek:
    no thats not my gf, lol. if you thinks that shes going to cheat on me, i really doubt it, i'd be more worried about me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LoVePlAyBoY
    no thats not my gf, lol. if you thinks that shes going to cheat on me, i really doubt it, i'd be more worried about me.

Well I'm away from this girl now and I feel like absolute crap. Oh well, depends though I guess.

Back on the topic. Who's girlfriend here plays computer games and is decent at them?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.K.night
    Nahhh....watching TV? Nah. Watching TV you're just passively sitting there, watching perhaps any number of terrible reality shows. At least when you're playing games, your brain active...your fingers are flying over the keyboard...you're DOING something. But before I go too far, hey...if you're a couch potato and that's *what you do*, more chips and sour cream dip to you.
    Well that's if you chose to watch reality TV. I myself don't watch much TV. you may be DOING something learning how to tap buttons or to achieve to reach the next level. But so what? Watch the news or history/biography channels you can learn a bit.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myleftfoot
    Well that's if you chose to watch reality TV. I myself don't watch much TV. you may be DOING something learning how to tap buttons or to achieve to reach the next level. But so what? Watch the news or history/biography channels you can learn a bit.
    Televised filtered news where all you see if the latest kidnapping and violence occuring? The proganda of fear spewed left right and center, particularly from American news? I get my news from other sources and also prefer to read it from a website and also view other news sites to see their take on the same news. It's fascinating to see how one major news sites say one thing, but the alternative news sites tell you the other side of the story. Hey I would watch discovery channel or documentaries but those would cost me extra money as I signed up for only the bare mimimum of channels from my cable provider. Don't forget another thing too. While you're playing games you're also solving problems - how to kill this monster effectively, working well as a team with your respective party, socializing with your team, strategizing your next plan, and so on. Please don't be the nagging mother who sees only what's on the outside and not what's really happening beyond the hunching over with one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard.

"Come on would you stop twitching your hands on that computer and go outside and DO something? go play some sports, nag nag nag nag"

I've played D&D through the night more then I've played animated games...

IncGamers Member
    Televised filtered news where all you see if the latest kidnapping and violence occuring? The proganda of fear spewed left right and center, particularly from American news?
    There's more news than the news on terror. But at least you're learning something about the real world. I didn't know you were American.

While you're playing games you're also solving problems - how to kill this monster effectively, working well as a team with your respective party, socializing with your team, strategizing your next plan, and so on. Please don't be the nagging mother who sees only what's on the outside and not what's really happening beyond the hunching over with one hand on the mouse and the other on the keyboard.
    So What? You gonna put that on your CV? You gonna have a discussion with a stranger about it that will further you? I really don't know what you're talking about the mother part. I don't care if you play or not. I don't care about how much TV you watch. I'm just telling you that computers are an enjoyable waste of time but they are not productive (learning how to kill a monster in a game is not productive imo). Also better friends are to be made in the real world (the more people you meet in the real world the more successful you'll probably be. You ain't getting yourself out there sitting on the computer all day).

And before you go on as if I'm some anti-computer freak I'll remind you that you compared computers to bakery (for some reason), I said bakery is more productive.

IncGamers Member
    There's more news than the news on terror. But at least you're learning something about the real world. I didn't know you were American.

So What? You gonna put that on your CV? You gonna have a discussion with a stranger about it that will further you? I really don't know what you're talking about the mother part. I don't care if you play or not. I don't care about how much TV you watch. I'm just telling you that computers are an enjoyable waste of time but they are not productive (learning how to kill a monster in a game is not productive imo). Also better friends are to be made in the real world (the more people you meet in the real world the more successful you'll probably be. You ain't getting yourself out there sitting on the computer all day).

And before you go on as if I'm some anti-computer freak I'll remind you that you compared computers to bakery (for some reason), I said bakery is more productive.
    Jeepers.

I'll reiterate what I said from the beginning. What you enjoy doing, whatever it is, more power to you. Whether it be baking. Computer games. 8-bit Nintendo titles. Sega Master System. Genesis. Super NES. Atari 2600. You enjoy doing that day in and day out? Hey man - if you're happy, I'm happy, we're all happy. About this whole "productivity" thing. You wanna be productive? Fine, no harm done...go to work, do your 8 hour shift with 100% effort and come home and do whatever you want. I feel absolutely no urge to do anything even more remotely resembling what you define as "productive" when I come home to my own house. And why should I? I *just* put my time in.

About me getting myself out there. Maybe if I was single I'd be "out there" buying designer pink shirts and spending $70(from another lovely post on the OTF, a must-read) per shirt. But I'm not any longer. I don't have the urge to be the big man on campus as my years of school are behind me. I don't feel the need to go clubbing to Studio 54 as I'm too old for clubbing. I have my share of meeting successful people through my line of work(outside vendors, competitors, co-workers, ex-coworkers to name only a slight few).

I used baking as an example. As quite a crude example which leapt to mind I might add. I'm sorry if you felt a little offended by the whole mother remark. I'm just trying to make a point here. Time is time. Whether you do this or do that. Maybe you belong in the camp that says, as long as it's NOT video games or computer stuff, it's not wasted time. The group that spits on virtual reality, and to go outside and experience the "real reality". That's your choice. If I or anyone else on this planet feels like singing "Joy to the World" each time I level up in a game, my god that's not wasted time to me. That's a moment of ecstacy. That's a moment of hapiness that I'd gladly share with anyone.

Now tell me that's a moment you wouldn't wish on everyone else, regardless of what they do or how they do it to get it.

IncGamers Member
    Now tell me that's a moment you wouldn't wish on everyone else, regardless of what they do or how they do it to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    And that's all I said. I didn't remark about any other machines, clubbing or pink shirts. I also said that reality > virtual reality. That's it. good night.

IncGamers Member
    And that's all I said. I didn't remark about any other machines, clubbing or pink shirts. I also said that reality > virtual reality. That's it. good night.
    And I said hapiness, however you find it = not waste of time.

Good morning.