Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Meh, I'm not gonna judge D3 until it comes out

~Ska

My feeling is this: it may seem like a great business move to go in the direction of "pay as you play" online games, but plenty of other companies aren't going in that direction. Most people I know wouldn't consider paying for online games. If I had broadband I might consider it for D3 (assuming it is an MMORPG), but I live in the boonies and I may not ever see broadband.

I also have to say that I'm not totally convinced D3 will be an MMORPG. Blizzard is surely aware of their own success with free battle.net play, and they're surely aware of the success of other recent roleplaying games with a strong SP component. My guess is WoW (and it's heirs) will continue to be Blizzard's MMORPG franchise, and D3 will continue along its current lines: great game whether you play online or not. At least, I can hope.

Just to add to the new RW analysis, I actually don't think Treachery is a good armor for a sin at all because the Fade and level 15 Venom going off will overwrite your own burst of speed and higher level venom. :( For a venomancer, though, it sure looks great.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    I don't like peace at all. The ctc valk will override possible stronger valks and also make you lose the valk when you most need her.
    Actually, I think that Peace provides a nice way to have a Valkyrie and
    avoid the Fend "bug" that still hasn't been fixed. It might also be fun to
    put one on your merc and pick up a second helper. :lol: Having Critical
    Strike as an oSkill is pretty nice for the price of Shael Thul Amn.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SideShowBob
    Actually, I think that Peace provides a nice way to have a Valkyrie and
    avoid the Fend "bug" that still hasn't been fixed. It might also be fun to
    put one on your merc and pick up a second helper. :lol: Having Critical
    Peace on mercs = game crash when valkirie is spawned...

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormallon
    Please, calm down. Of course you decide what you buy. And Blizzard is well aware of that.

OK, this time they didn't sell you what you wanted to get...

Wait, sell? You didn't have to pay anything for the patch, did you? Let's be grateful we got it. When you bought the game perhaps 5 years ago, you surely didn't expect to get patches over such a long period.

Blizzard did something to have premium content on their server. Perhaps. So what? We still got more than we anticipated when we bought the game.

Future games may be worth paying a monthly fee or not. I for my part will decide that when I see such a game and the price.
    Part of the purchase price for the game goes into ongoing support. I don't rate Blizzard's support very favourably. I paid the same price for my game as someone who plays online. On the back of the CD it says I could play SP, up to 8 players over TCP/IP or Battle.net. Nowhere does it say they would selectively treat Battlenet users more favourably. Nowhere is indicated that they would develop extra's for Battlenet and explicitly code in exclusions to deny SP users the same functionality. Blizzard had to do extra work to remove features for SP and that bites. Thus with less effort and lower costs, they could have satisfied more gamers - and they didn't take that approach. Thus, in my eyes they have failed dismally in the support department. I expect and demand equal treatment. If I'd known up front they they discriminate against SP in this way I never would have purchased their game no matter how good it is.

My gripe is not with Blizzard adding new features over 5 years (that's a good thing). My gripe is that they actually make special effort to exclude my chosen method of playing the game, a pretext they sold the game to me on in the first place. THAT's why Blizzard will never get another $ out of me. It's called integrity and fairness, concepts apparently unknown at Blizzard. It's not like they haven't been told, but sadly, it's fallen on deaf ears and blind eyes.

That's ok, there are other games to play once I tire of Diablo 2. I've decided to move away from vanilla (which I've played for 4+ years) and "a-modding I will go" to enable those 1.10 & 1.11 features Blizzard felt should be removed for those lesser customers who are so misguided as to prefer the SP experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowBob
    Having Critical
    this is pretty much what I thought when I saw it, especially if you combine it with a barb or assasin mastery. With a few plus skills, you're looking at around 60-70% critical. Sweet. Even if it does severly lower the effectiveness of some very nice DS gear.

Several of the new runeword armors have bonuses which are terrific for characters *other* than the ones that would get the +2 skills.

It's almost like the intent is to make players choose: do you want +2 skills and mods that may be weak or even useless, or do you want no + skills but access to some skills you maybe couldn't have otherwise (Valk, critical strike, venom, fade, etc.). Clever, I think, the more I think about it. Too bad more items don't work this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge
    someone should try peace out in an iron golem
    I bet it would crash, like it does with a merc. Besides, if I use Metalgrid, the golems don't stick around after I quit the game either :(

Damn the lost potential!

IncGamers Member
    Just a thought. Maybe someone should make a mod to stop those keys from dropping.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but... Does this silly key drop affect Countess rune drops? I run Countess several hours a day. She's my main source of runes... so if her rune drops get nerfed I may have to stay out of this patch...

The fact that Blizzard spent additional effort into shafting us really is quite insulting. As well, it looks like I'll have to pat my Fireball Bard in 1.10 before switching, and my Poison/Bone necro hybrid is kaput. Still... there is some good to come out of it. Losing charge synergy sucks, but I guess it's balanced by the fixing of FE bug. Then we get some new runewords... I see some potential in them: Peace for a Fendazon, Duress for my Fallen Paladin, Treachery on a Daggermancer...