Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Atma restricts you moving items between char files of different versions (items themselves have no real version, just a creation version, which does not prevent them moving forwards). Chars created in 1.11 have the same version number as chars created in 1.10, as do items spawned in 1.11. Atma can't tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfish
    I wasn't talking about this patch but a new game.
    Oops.

Well, I'm done venting. It's starting to feel pointless.

So, has anyone figured out if the Andy bug has been fixed? That was always my favorite bug to exploit. Do I have to start harassing Meph more?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrugg
    Fishy, you're suffering from the same twisted value system that most people our age (brought up in the 80s) do - pure uncut greed as primary motivation is somehow OK. The hell it is.

Idealism doesn't care about paying bills. Idealistic game companies make games because [drumroll] they like making games. Like the first 500 game companies did, until Atari or whoever came along and started making it an industry.

The day WoW hit the shelves Blizzard became the second highest money making computer gaming company in the world, behind the evil that is EA. They may even have passed them by now, I dunno. They can afford to run some PR things at a loss. Even soulless law firms do pro bono cases every now and then.

It's indicative of the way the world is going, and it pisses me off. And people have every right to be pissed off by it. If you want to lie back and let greed-driven corporations tell you what you want to buy, you go ahead, but don't tell us we're wrong for not wanting that.
    I didn't say I subscribe to that or agree with that. All I'm saying is that that's how I think the world works. And the fact that some of my favorite companies are out of buiness for making what I consider idealisitic games kinda supports that. I don't necessarily like it, but that's kinda how it works. Thanks for the lecture and the accusations, though.

You know what I'm doing? I'm trying to see the good side of things and not the bad. I got a great game and I'm still playing it after many years and I've got every reason to be satisfied with it. I don't give a rat's *** if people on b.net got another overpowered charm. It's not the end of the world.

IncGamers Member
    I agree with you, Nightfish,but if people on Battle net have more things than Single player right now, that means that this will most probably continue on with the next game. I tried to start a Bnet character a few hours ago, but I just got sick of it after 5 minutes...There was lag, there was nothing fun to do, and there was no trust factor. When I'm in SP, I feel safe because I'm either alone or with friends that I trust in IP games. If the next game is emphasized on Bnet once again, many of us will simply lose interest since the game that we love will simply not be the same. I mean, the 3 keys available on SP isn't just a mistake of some sort, it's only to attract people from SP to go on Bnet. The patch is, in my opinion, just a warning of what's ahead. And we should be worried and protest now while we can, because it will be too late once D3 will be out.

Stop having an opinion, Fishy.

Nobody wants to hear it anymore.

(You know I luffs j00 fisheh.)

This concept of "luff" confuses and infuriates us!!1!11!!11one

(also: I don't really have an opinion besides "I don't care". I'm extremly zen'd out and at peace with teh universe. :teeth: I just provide a different way to look at things as I often do :P)

For the record, I find that idea that you HAVE to have the internet to fully enjoy a game obscene. I've never purchased a internet only game, I've never paid any monthly fees and I have never once gone on battle.net with D2 (I did with Diablo and that taught me to avoid it at all cost). I hate the idea that they try to herd us into such a inferior level of gaming.

PKs, spamming, lag, etc... not to mention the fact that our characters fate lies in the hands of the realms. Yeah, that sounds like fun. I want to spend hours upon hours on a character that might vanish if I don't use him for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfish
    This concept of "luff" confuses and infuriates us!!1!11!!11one

(also: I don't really have an opinion besides "I don't care". I'm extremly zen'd out and at peace with teh universe. :teeth: I just provide a different way to look at things as I often do :P)
    Oh, sorry.

I meant to use the word "wuv". With an Earth 'w'.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Birddance-2755
    Can someone explain me why people look at B.net players with envy? Do you really think that you could get more fun by killing uber bosses? Why not to install uber mods, that adds more bosses to your game than B.net players can dream on? Do you really think that the joy of gaming lies in uber bosses, uber runewords and such?

BattleTag HolyPade-2707
    All I have to say about 1.11 is:

About the SP/Realms discussion, one of the main reasons I like SP is that I can play it whenever, where ever (sp?) provided that I've got my laptop with me. Try going on a few weeks vacation without Internet connection; good luck playing WoW or Spam.net. :rolleyes:

Haven't bought WoW and very much doubt that I ever will, learned my lesson in the Spam.net.

I'm trying to be positive about the changes and will continue with 1.11 later as I really like melee chars and the FE bug being fixed makes the game a bit fairer for us meleers (sp?).

If everything else fails, we still have NetHack!