Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    This patch gave me the idea to boycott Blizzard's games entirely. :mad:

IncGamers Member
    this really bums me out. i havent played in over two years and when i saw all the hype over these new bosses just prior to the release of the new patch, i was pumped to reinstall the game to say the least. looks like my game will continue to sit on the shelf. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by ricrestoni
    - fire bug corrected - good, but a mod could handle it.
    - charged bug corrected - it renders my fire templar, bone necro and rabies druid completely useless
    - new runewords, not the ladder ones - much less then expected, worse than the RWM
    - keys and all online-only content - ...
    - gloam uber damage - untouched
    - other bugs - unknown, but I can guess (fend, inferno, Andariel, Anya, the LCS, etc)
    I agree with most of your complaints/diagnoses here, but that bolded one is nothing to whine about . . . You built characters around a loophole, of course they're going to get punished for it at some point.

IncGamers Member
    The patch itself isn't bad at all...Most bugs are fixed, and we do get access to a few things we couldn't get before...What angers me the most is that when someone told Blizzard that SP deserved equal transformations as B-Net,this is what they replied...

"yes, I used to play mostly SP too, but you could just play online in private passworded games for the same effect".
    They basically replied to go F ourselves and start a B-Net account. To me, it translates as one word: unacceptable!

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DurfBarian
    I agree with most of your complaints/diagnoses here, but that bolded one is nothing to whine about . . . You built characters around a loophole, of course they're going to get punished for it at some point.
    I agree with that, only that it is too damn fun to play with rabies. The bone necro was really not as much - it was PvP, rushed, and i never played with him again.

But the Fire templar... he is my main MFer in the Tunnels. He is so fun. And he is only doable because of the charged synergy. No fun in 100 damage fireballs, I tell you.

I kinda saw the charged bug not as a way to extract the most cheesy out of chars, but a way to build unorthodox builds using neglected piece of equipment.

I would appreciate much more, for example, if Concentration stopped working with Hammer. Or, better, a complete revamp in all items, so that those Sazabi stupid set wouldn't be crappy grail-fillers.

Oh well... thanks a lot Durf!

Banned
    Meh... I'll stay with 1.10 :o

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    This patch gave me the idea to boycott Blizzard's games entirely. :mad:
    Most other game companies wouldn't still be patching at this time. 5 year old games are generally not making any money for the creators, and IMO even if 1.11 doesn't contain the things we were looking for, we should be grateful that we are getting anything at all. I think 1.11 is a reason to buy more from Blizzard as opposed to boycott - they've shown they care about their game communities and are willing to update their software long after anyone else would have given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazdakka
    Most other game companies wouldn't still be patching at this time. 5 year old games are generally not making any money for the creators, and IMO even if 1.11 doesn't contain the things we were looking for, we should be grateful that we are getting anything at all. I think 1.11 is a reason to buy more from Blizzard as opposed to boycott - they've shown they care about their game communities and are willing to update their software long after anyone else would have given up.
    Here is the problem: as someone who prefers not to play online, I will give my money to companies that will support single players. I'm done buying games from Blizz. Yes, I'm glad they finally got around to giving us an FE fix. Yes, I'm going to play 1.11 for the forseeable future. But Blizz has shown what they really think of single players, and so I'm done giving them money. My CDs break, I'm done with D2. I know they won't miss me, but I'm sure some other game companies will appriciate my future business.

Edit: What I am saying is that if they won't support SP at the same level as online now with D2, I don't expect them to in any future game, even if they promise they will. So, no D3 for me.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazdakka
    Considering that I was thinking of getting a new copy of LOD to replace the 3yr old scratched one I have about a month back, they still can make money from me.

And when my finances/time control is better, I might have play WoW. And my friends bug me to buy WC3 and play with them.

Now I would probably play 1.10 until my Cd goes kaput, and then switch to NWN or KoToR. D3, Wow holds no interest for me now. And what Cattleya says about Blizz and SPers hits the point.

edit: to eloborate more on what annoys me, it is the non-correcting of fend/charge/leap bugs along with the gloam lightning attacks that annoys me more than anything else.

Correcting the FE bug is good, but since FE bug is practically a 1-hit kill thing, being careful solves it most of the time. Encountering a pack of gloams that stun-locks and kills my char, leaving me rather anguished as of how careful I can push myself is not fun.

Giving me some rather laughable and useless runewords while denying me the more fun ones that could have allowed me to play more oddball builds is not nice either. Same argument with more fun builds about the fend/charge/leap bugs, particularly leap.

IncGamers Member
    Can we really blame Blizzard for all of these hidden agendas?

Taking into account that D2 was released in 1999, just when Internet hadn't picked up at all, and moving into the recent "boom" of online games and MMORPG, competing with the likes of Counter Strike, Everquest, and even their own WoW, WC3, it isn't hard to see why they are "trying" to evolve D2 (and LoD) to go with the flow of the market trend.

I won't count my eggs that fast; if D3 comes out with SP and isn't an online-only game, I may still consider buying it.