Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Should I make Harmony in a Chu-Ko-Nu?

I found a 4 socket one yesterday with my sorceress and I have all the runes to make it so should I bother or should I keep looking for a different bow?

My eventual strafer is currently at level 13 and will eventually use a Buriza I found unless I find something better.

IncGamers Member
    definitely wait. a chokernu is very slow and low damage. buriza/ballista/col xbow at least has high damage going for it. for any runeword, you should wait for a 4s mat or grand mat bow, which come with a guaranteed +1 bow skills, up to +3. also, any one you find makes a good candidate for either tempering (if you get a low quality one) or the socket recipie.

i also save a few elite 4s bows just in case. shadow, great, hydra etc. would all be good candidates for a runeword, although the +1-3 bow skills from a zon bow is just too good to pass up.

IncGamers Member
    Crossbows have a speed cap, so even a Chu-Ko-Nu will be slower than a slow bow

Crossbows have a speed cap, so even a Chu-Ko-Nu will be slower than a slow bow
    Partially true only, it all depends on the amount of ias of your gear. Base Chu-ko-nu would be way faster than a base slow +10 bow.
    That's why chu-ko-nu is recommanded on ranger sorc for example, character on which the emphasis is on +skills, not ias, thus base speed -60 being the optimal choice as you're not trying to reach ias bps.

why make it in a chu-ko-nu when you could make it in a demon crossbow anyway?

On whichever char you don't aim for less than 11fps shots, i'd go with demon crossbow rather than blade bow(great bow being out of question to me, as i hate that bow type).
    Now, i guess that's a matter of taste.

But i'd drop the chu-ko-nu, and go with a demon xbow anyway, unless you use the chu-ko-nu to make a "leveling harmony" and not an "end-game harmony".

Now, regarding your strafer directly, buriza would be way better anyway. Dmg is way higher, and with 80% built-in ias, it shots decently fast.

IncGamers Member
    Thanks...I didn't know about the cap and thought that the -60 weapon speed would make it fast...since it doesn't come with IAS on the Runeword.

as for why on it and not a Demon Crossbow..

2 reasons..

1, I found a Chu-Ko-Nu last night with 4 sockets while I don't have any other bows with 4 sockets on them to choose from so I was wondering if I should spend the runes or save them for later.

2, Demon Crossbow
    Min Level 63
    min Str 141
    min Dex 98

Chu-Ko-Nu
    min level 25
    Min Str 80
    Min Dex 95

I don't want to wait until level 63 to use a runeword where the highest rune Req is 39 and I doubt my amazon will ever hit 141 strength.