Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WW Assassin

but WW sin doesn't get much life like barb, SM is still useful as a "meat sheild".

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMaster
    but WW sin doesn't get much life like barb, SM is still useful as a "meat sheild".
    Isn't merc + CoS + MB enouhg? :scratch:

Ya, thought the upgrade might not be worth it. Just looking for something to use my 3 puls on. >_<

Deathmaster: Problem is that when whirlwinding I can't hide behind my merc. Stuff will attack me no matter what. So I think I'll better put those 20 points into something else on this build.

And of course CoS is probably more crowd control than I'll ever need, as my recent guardians taught me.

IncGamers Member
    WW breakpoints for assassins are lower than WW breakpoints for barbs. I don't remember the exact numbers, but a WW sin hits 4 fpa with a weapon speed of -15 or so, while the barb needs -35 for one handed and -60 for two handed.

Quote Originally Posted by kabal
    WW breakpoints for assassins are lower than WW breakpoints for barbs. I don't remember the exact numbers, but a WW sin hits 4 fpa with a weapon speed of -15 or so, while the barb needs -35 for one handed and -60 for two handed.
    Really? I must admit im lost with IAS breakpoints for WW sins, zeal enchantresses anc such

If that is true, then Jade Talon is very good off-hand claw

So... you can have one of these claws if you like:

Runic Talons
    Socketed (3: 0 used)

Scissors Katar

Feral Claws
    +1 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)

Runic Talons
    +1 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Runic Talons
    +1 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
    +2 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)
    +1 to Dragon Tail (Assassin Only)
    Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 0 used)

Feral Claws
    +1 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)
    +2 to Death Sentry (Assassin Only)
    +2 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Superior Runic Talons
    +2 to Attack Rating
    +2 to Mind Blast (Assassin Only)
    +3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)

Also, getting a malice claw would be usefull, a WWsin won't do the damage a WW barb will do, her damage will rather come from CB, OW, Venom stuff like that. Also, the lifedrain on malice can easily be counter with angelics. Getting a claw with DF on it just saves you four points.. as like you get one with blade shield...

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LprMan
    Really? I must admit im lost with IAS breakpoints for WW sins, zeal enchantresses anc such

If that is true, then Jade Talon is very good off-hand claw
    The assassin forum lists the BP for 4 fpa at -13 weapon speed, which is pretty easy to get. If it were -35 like it is for barbs, there wouldn't be many options for an off hand claw (bartuc's, chaos, fury, rares with ias).

The assassin forum lists the BP for 4 fpa at -13 weapon speed, which is pretty easy to get. If it were -35 like it is for barbs, there wouldn't be many options for an off hand claw (bartuc's, chaos, fury, rares with ias).
    I never managed to find those bp's from assy forum...me and my uber searching skills :lol:

That is a very nice thing though, more flexibility while choosing gear

IncGamers Member
    Instead of dual-Bartus, get 2 +3 shadow disciplines on switch to prebuff your shadow master/fade/venom if you're going pure WW.

I think bartus is a very good off hand claw.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LprMan
    Isn't merc + CoS + MB enouhg? :scratch:
    Against ActBosses MB won't help, CoS will only lower defense and a Warrior or Master could help the Merc (and his aura) live longer or at least take some heat off the player. It's also nice to have Hell Ancients focus on someone other than you and your Merc sometimes. Even a 1pt ShadowWarrior could be used as a decoy, distraction or scout and I personally don't mind more options.

But I'm sure Fish, being an experienced player, can go without one if he wants

20DeathSentry
    20Fade
    20Venom
    20ClawMastery
    +WeaponBlock
    +CoS
    +MB

or wants BladeShield/DragonFlight for style points.