Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Hellforge level?

Before (couple years ago), I heard that in order to get the higher runes from Hellforge, you must be a certain level, does this still apply now or could you be any level to get the highest possible rune from Hellforge (respective to the difficulty)?

IncGamers Member
    The hellforge runedrop is completely indepedent of anything you can possibly think of: each difficulty level has a fixed set of 11 runes to choose from, and the game randomly drops one of these. Every rune has a 1:11 chance no matter what.

IncGamers Member
    Furthermore it's possible to rush players all the way up to the Hell Hellforge while they're still in the single digits.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pherdnut
    Furthermore it's possible to rush players all the way up to the Hell Hellforge while they're still in the single digits.
    But don't you have to be level 20 to do ancients?

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pherdnut
    You can even have L1 patriarchs with 0 XP.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krischan
    You can even have L1 patriarchs with 0 XP.
    But it's difficult. I'm usually at least level 3-4 when I'm done with hell :-)

Unless I'm doing some item-hunting in between... taking those low levels into the pits levels them really nicely, and it's easier to ensure their safety compared to the more attractive lvl 85 areas. Especially on level 2, which is small enough so the mule gets an exp share for every kill, but the monster density isn't too bad either :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Myrakh-2
    But it's difficult. I'm usually at least level 3-4 when I'm done with hell :-)
    No, you don't need any skill for that.

For quests which need the mule's presence (like killing Diablo), you can get him killed at the scene of the quest, e.g. letting him run directly into Diablo. Just don't press ESC to restart in town. Until then your character is assumed to be at the place where he died, so if Diablo gets killed near the corpse, he will gain credit for the quest, but no XP because he is dead.

IncGamers Member
    For quests which need the mule's presence (like killing Diablo), you can get him killed at the scene of the quest,
    But that's the difficult part --- my firmware tries to avoid getting anything killed that shows in "green" on my radar/automap/whatever :-)

Maybe I should get a BIOS update...

I might not get the joke, but which green things are you talking about ? :scratch:

Banned
    For quests which need the mule's presence (like killing Diablo), you can get him killed at the scene of the quest, e.g. letting him run directly into Diablo. Just don't press ESC to restart in town. Until then your character is assumed to be at the place where he died, so if Diablo gets killed near the corpse, he will gain credit for the quest, but no XP because he is dead.
    unless you are playing HC, in which case this strategy will not work so well..

(sorry, couldn't help myself! )