Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Cow King

IncGamers Member
    ok so i just figured out i cant make no more cow portals... :(

what happened was, me and my brothers(4 of us total, 3 getting rushed and one chantress) were rushing and leveling, our plan was to do cows after finishing a4.

once we got to a4, i left room since i wanted to be the one that was able to see norm games. we got in a room and they made a cow portal, we get in and clean out the room, one of my brothers got click happy and accidentally killed king. i was thinking like "ok thats aiight, i still can make after we kill diablo."

i make a new game and finish diablo. made another game and found out the quest was already completed!! so i couldnt make the cow portal anymore. even though i just completed norm. :(

oh wells, i guess i just have to be more cautious.

Banned
    Sticky Please

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladine View Post
    Sticky Please
    It is stickied :wink3:

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladine View Post
    Sticky Please
    what on earth for?

as for getting the cow quest if you haven't completed D at that level, this is 100% contrary to what I have experienced.

I routinely kill cows, clearing the entire level including the king in normal via an rclaw, and a level 32 chant with a brand new character, that hasn't been rushed yet, not even through Andariel.

and later on, am able to make normal cows after finally self-rushing.

that being said, the chanter should always be the cow portal maker, and should never enter the cows. both of my high level chanters are used soley for chanting and making cows, and neither have ever entered teh cow portal.

this way, I always have a "maker". (they only chant at a safe wp such as stoney, or inner cloister)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goomba View Post
    what on earth for?
    Because it's a frequently asked question ><

IncGamers Member howdidigethere's Avatar
    I get now how it works in multiplayer with killing the cow king and whatnot, but how would it work in single player (I spend the vast majority of time playing classic SP.)

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cow King View Post
    Because it's a frequently asked question ><
    depending on how we label "frequently" - pretty much everything here in the classic forum is frequently asked... :rolleyes:

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidigethere View Post
    I get now how it works in multiplayer with killing the cow king and whatnot, but how would it work in single player (I spend the vast majority of time playing classic SP.)
    I would think, that by definition, if you are the player making cows, that you would have only one shot at killing the cow king in SP.

IncGamers Member
    I would think, that by definition, if you are the player making cows, that you would have only one shot at killing the cow king in SP.
    Indeed, unless you do multiplayer games with your SP characters. Given how good of a source of TC3 items the normal cow king is, it's great to be able to kill him over and over. That can be done with SP characters in MP games (as well as b.net games), though some SP players consider that cheesy.

what on earth for?

as for getting the cow quest if you haven't completed D at that level, this is 100% contrary to what I have experienced.

I routinely kill cows, clearing the entire level including the king in normal via an rclaw, and a level 32 chant with a brand new character, that hasn't been rushed yet, not even through Andariel.

and later on, am able to make normal cows after finally self-rushing.

that being said, the chanter should always be the cow portal maker, and should never enter the cows. both of my high level chanters are used soley for chanting and making cows, and neither have ever entered teh cow portal.

this way, I always have a "maker". (they only chant at a safe wp such as stoney, or inner cloister)
    he lost the quest because the king was killed by someone that could make the portal and he was down there at the time of the death ( in the part or not )

what you are doing thats different then what they did is your char is killing the king but since he cant make the portal yet (bc only in act1 or havent killed d yet) its safe for him to kill the king all you want.

what happenes most of the time is someone else kills the king (that can make the portal) and that messes up everyone else down there. the unparty to kill the king is just bs. it doesnt do anything at all. it just happens to be that the person that unparties cant make the portal. the only thing they are doing when they unparty is taking all the exp from the kills.

-Tempus-