Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Awaiting user confirming email address
    I used a build like this, almost exactly like this. I found +2 skills efficient (ammy) to have rares for helm/rings, because I'd rather give up damage and have a large dmg range still for a lot more resists and life, etc.

IncGamers Member
    Did u ever test how much dam per fb u can done on a well-prepared player with fr up to 95%?

IncGamers Member
    ahhh this is the sorta sorc im making now....but i been thinking how can you have 20+20+20+20+1+ another 20 for es? you would need at least lvl 95 to get that high
    yah well my fire sorc is only lvl 84 atm but i could get it to lvl 90 no problem...anyways yea i been thinking instead of lvl 20 telekinis....
    it would be jsut as tanky as 10es+10telekin.....i tested the build with zonfire and the 20telekin+1 es save alot more mana...
    but 10es+10telekin saves alot of hp lol...so really its your choice......
    it depends if you want mana or want more hp...
    good thing my sorc has godly items......so yea i took the 10es+10tk to make it mroe balanced....

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBearCat
    Did u ever test how much dam per fb u can done on a well-prepared player with fr up to 95%?
    I have dueled many players who use hotspurs to get to 90% fire resist and have beat them pretty easily. If they had 95 fr..... would just take longer.

@LaZyMuThAfUka: I wouldnt reccomend using es in your build, and if you must get telekenises to at least lvl 15 and since u will have 110 fcr u wont have enough mana to use a high lvl es effectively. Dont use it at all if you dont have an soj.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fredsta54
    Dont use it at all if you dont have an soj.
    Hes got soj's aplenty. Im tossing around a fb vs fb build, since a lot of people are getting serious about it on west ladder. I think i'll opt for max damage over max fhr. K well here are my ideas
    2+ 10% fcr amulet. Fire resist is only req. Shouldnt be that expensive
    Darkglow ringmail
    Hotspurs
    Shard
    Eyeless
    Magefists
    Tarnhelm
    Rare fcr ring with fire resist.
    SoJ
    Rare belt with fire resist.
    With this setup you would hit 110% fcr, and 5+ skills. You could easily hit 95% fire resist:
    45 (hotspurs)
    20+ (amulet)
    30 (belt)
    30 (ring)
    10 (shard)
    10 (darkglow)

Otherwise a build with 86% fhr would own aswell. Blinkbats and nokozan =60% fhr already. Although then it becomes more complicated, like if you wanna hit 110% fcr using fcr rings, or opt for more dmg by using 2 soj's. Anyone got any ideas?

IncGamers Member
    you can have fhr and have the same resists and +skills (apart from tarn)

As for having 86 fhr, there is actually 1 viable option for it on sorcs, although you wont reach 110 fcr

+17 fhr on shield
    +10 on helm
    +10 on boots
    +24 on armour
    +30 on bladebuckle
    =86 or 87 fhr

This is better than using blinkbats, because rare armour can have more bonuses nad is more common than a rare belt, it can be socketed also, and bladebuckle has half decent defense and a few stats.

Fred

IncGamers Member
    kk, so its bladebuckle + rare armour versus blinkbats + rare belt.
    Lets see:
    Bladebuckle: Very high strength requirement, low stats, no life/resists. Only thing going for it is 30% fhr.
    Rare armour: 24% fhr | 98 life (socketed) | 30 fire resist | 30 cold resist. Good luck getting one with these mods +stats

So this gives: 54% fhr | 98 life | 30 fire/cold resist | 10 dex | 5 strength doesnt erally count because you wont be using an item with more than 60 str req anyway. Oh, and defense (in this case) is insignificant.

In the blue corner:
    Blinkbats: Low str req | 40% fhr | 10% frw
    Rare belt: Low str req | 24% fhr | 60 life | 20 str | 30 fire/cold resist | Ok this belt would be kinda pricy but since the rare armour is socketed, im sure this would be of equal value

So this gives: 64% fhr (10% more than other setup) | 60 life | 20 str (which inturn = 40 life, 2 more than a Pruby gives | Equal resists | Much lower str requirement, since ideally 45 str (magefist) should be all you need.

Well there you have it, rare belt + blinkbats > bladebuckle + rare armour. With the extra 10% fhr, you can opt to use an item that doesnt have fhr, but excellent other mods, e.g. boots.

IncGamers Member
    The only difference is that bladebuckle has stats and blinkbats doesnt. As for the 60 strngth req, imo, the best shield for a sorc is a -reqs tower shield as opposed to a bone//grim. Same or lower requirements, and more block.

Fred

IncGamers Member

Question

but..... , ....and Twitchroe :cry: ?

With it , u can have + 25% chance to block(with gives to u 65% , is this right ?) , + 24 fhr , and + 10 to str and dex (more pts in Vit) .Ok , there many rare amors better , but without ES i think fhr and some chance to block can make the difference :scratch: ...

IncGamers Member
    Well, you can keep one in stash to duel speeders...