Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member
    Does the serpent Lord staff exist in classic?

Here's its stats

2 Hand Damage: (2.6-2.8) to (10.4-11.2) (6.5-7 Avg)
    Level Req: 9
    Durability: 30
    Base Weapon Speed: [0]
    Speed by Class: Fast: S
    Normal: B, A, P, N

+30-40% Enhanced Damage
    150% Damage to Undead
    +12 to Poison Damage Over 3 Seconds

100% Mana Stolen Per Hit
    50% Target Defense
    +10 to Mana
    Poison Resist +50%
    -1 to Light Radius

oh heh and does anyone know who drops it?

IncGamers Member
    It does... but... not worth picking up for gold.

Diablo Classic Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ethos
    kk, so its bladebuckle + rare armour versus blinkbats + rare belt.
    Lets see:
    Bladebuckle: Very high strength requirement, low stats, no life/resists. Only thing going for it is 30% fhr.
    Rare armour: 24% fhr | 98 life (socketed) | 30 fire resist | 30 cold resist. Good luck getting one with these mods +stats

So this gives: 54% fhr | 98 life | 30 fire/cold resist | 10 dex | 5 strength doesnt erally count because you wont be using an item with more than 60 str req anyway. Oh, and defense (in this case) is insignificant.

In the blue corner:
    Blinkbats: Low str req | 40% fhr | 10% frw
    Rare belt: Low str req | 24% fhr | 60 life | 20 str | 30 fire/cold resist | Ok this belt would be kinda pricy but since the rare armour is socketed, im sure this would be of equal value

So this gives: 64% fhr (10% more than other setup) | 60 life | 20 str (which inturn = 40 life, 2 more than a Pruby gives | Equal resists | Much lower str requirement, since ideally 45 str (magefist) should be all you need.

Well there you have it, rare belt + blinkbats > bladebuckle + rare armour. With the extra 10% fhr, you can opt to use an item that doesnt have fhr, but excellent other mods, e.g. boots.
    So 20 str does count as 40 life when it's in a rare belt, which you seem to prefer, but 10 dex and 5 str don't count because they are in a Bladebuckle.
    Not to mention you could use another(temp) str item to put on the Bladebuckle while you only have 55 str without it, it would keep itself 'active'.
    Rare armors can also have str, I've seen them up to 14, so why doesn't the rare armor in this equiasion have the same rights as the belt ? A right to str.
    They can also have dex, but that would make the armor harder to find and perhaps a unfair comparison to the belt. But, since we are talking max items, why not add that aswell ? So another 9 dex right there, which gives the Bladebuckle + rare armor a total of 19 dex and 19 str, which would mean 38 statpoints converted into 76 life ?
    Good luck finding that 24fhr,60life,20str,30f res/30c res belt btw.

Just wanted to point out some inconsistancies by which your subconsious attemted to stear the readers towards your choice gear.

Me, I wouldn't mind having either of those rares, I am considering just making a bladebuckle+blinkbat+ward sorc just to upset everybody.
    Be needing a 10fhr helm and boots to make the bp though.
    Guess this won't be for my perfect dueling firesorcy though, I'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlockCC
    Me, I wouldn't mind having either of those rares, I am considering just making a bladebuckle+blinkbat+ward sorc just to upset everybody.
    The venom lords and doom knights would be quite pleased to see that sorc.

Diablo Classic Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodijackyl
    The venom lords and doom knights would be quite pleased to see that sorc.
    I don't think many people would take their fire sorc to meet fire immunes, but that could just be me and my warped sense of wanting to kill what I meet.

I'm quite certain Doom Knights and Venom Lords would be happy to see any fire sorc.

IncGamers Member

Re: PvP classic 110 fcr fire sorc guide

good guide but i go with 70 fcr..... I have a 5.5 k fireball and a 11 k meteor. It seems quite weak compared to LOD sorcs. Is the damage alright?