Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Terrible Math Jokes

This is the worst joke in the history of jokes:

There were three medieval kingdoms on the shores of a lake. There was an island in the middle of the lake, over which the kingdoms had been fighting for years. Finally, the three kings decided that they would send their knights out to do battle, and the winner would take the island.
    The night before the battle, the knights and their squires pitched camp and readied themselves for the fight. The first kingdom had 12 knights, and each knight had five squires, all of whom were busily polishing armor, brushing horses, and cooking food. The second kingdom had twenty knights, and each knight had 10 squires. Everyone at that camp was also busy preparing for battle. At the camp of the third kingdom, there was only one knight, with his squire. This squire took a large pot and hung it from a looped rope in a tall tree. He busied himself preparing the meal, while the knight polished his own armor.
    When the hour of the battle came, the three kingdoms sent their squires out to fight (this was too trivial a matter for the knights to join in).
    The battle raged, and when the dust had cleared, the only person left was the lone squire from the third kingdom, having defeated the squires from the other two kingdoms, thus proving that the squire of the high pot and noose is equal to the sum of the squires of the other two sides.

This one is better:

A mathematician has spent years trying to prove the Riemann hypothesis - without success. Finally, he decides to sell his soul to the devil in exchange for a proof. The devil promises to deliver a proof within four weeks.
    Four weeks pass, but nothing happens. Half a year later, the devil shows up again - in a rather gloomy mood.
    "I'm sorry", he says. "I couldn't prove the Riemann hypothesis either. But" - and his face lightens up - "I think I found a really interesting lemma..."

Share your own math jokes, terrible or otherwise.

Banned
    I don't get the second one. Am I being dumb?

Banned
    I suck at math. I don't get them. Can someone explain?

Banned
    i got one:

This joke <

IncGamers Member
    I didnt get any of them either :xx:

Heres another, more comprehendible

Three physicists were taking a ride on a hot air baloon and got lost. They looked down and saw a camp fire and three other men sitting by it. They shouted to them:
    - Where are we?
    The men answered:
    - Youre in a hot air baloon!
    The physicist looked at his friends and said:
    - I bet they were mathematicians.
    The others asked:
    - How come?
    He answered:
    - The info they gave was correct but didnt help anyone whatsoever!

The first one is the Pythagorean theorem. The second one is funny because the Riemann hypothesis has defied proof for years while at the same time giving the impression that it's proof is probably quite obvious. A lemma is a theorem that is proven merely as a step to prove a more ambitious theorem. Anyone attempting to prove the Riemann hypothesis is bound to come up with a few dozen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by masterazn
    I suck at math. I don't get them. Can someone explain?
    The first one is a play on words, say "high pot and noose" aloud and I think you'll get it.

IncGamers Member
    *Eats the llama*

IncGamers Member
    the first one was great.

i didn't get the second one, since i don't know riemanns.

IncGamers Member SelfBaisResistor's Avatar
    The first joke is rather timely for me since just finished teaching a lesson on the Pythagorean Theorem and will be moving onto the converse of said theorem. I'd use it in my class, but I don't think the inner city kids would enjoy it much. However, it would be a good joke to tell around the math office.