Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dentist

IncGamers Member
    Is it possible to get to get a lvl 55 Bone Spirit? I assume you counted in the +2 from a skill shrine? Cus I only got it up to 53.

IncGamers Member
    Awesome guide rickcarson! Hmm i have a strange question and for all i know it may be a joke :P A very long while ago i read somewhere that teeth has a certain %crushing blow! This was during the death throes of .09 - is this true or false? Had tests been conducted? Lastly what fcr bp would you recommend to hit for a PvM Dentist? Also just for the sake of +skill would you recommend a +3 boneflame over a homonculus? I have yet to find a +3 p/b, +3 teeth necro head and i think they can't spawn? No wait a Splendour/3teeth necro head would be offer more +teeth :P Hmm if that Splendour had +3 SM as well then along with points into RS/Marrows then a teeth/summon is possible i think.

IncGamers Member
    I was running some numbers before starting a dentist and could see some potential difficulties with this build. First to clarify I only play SP so insight is out. I figured a potential level 33 player in act V might look like this.

Teeth 19
    Bone wall 13
    1 each in Armor, CE, Spear, Spirit.
    Figuring on playing untwinked, I added +3 to all and +3 P&B.

This would give an avg damage to teeth of 122 per tooth at a cost of 15 mana per cast. So to work on past it I looked at the average HP of and enslaved in the foothills on players 8 which is approximately 1350. That breaks down to 11 casts to kill an enslaved and roughly 160-170 mana. Seeing as how only 1 tooth can hit an individual monster per cast I could envision a drinking problem real quick. I thought why not take it step further and say I was more fortunate with drops. So I layed it out with a +6 and +6 and the results didn't improve much. Taking the same monster type avg damage was 169, which cuts it down to only 8 casts but still 140 mana approx. To me it looks like kill a group of monsters have a swill, kill swill, lather rinse repeat. On a personal note if there is gonna be a lot of drinking going on I'd rather it be me not my necro.

Just my $2 worth [$.02 plus inflation] First round is on me! :drink: :buddies:

IncGamers Member
    I am wearing my marrows, and im not getting any bonus from the bone prison. Is there something special that needs to be done? I spent a lot to get these boots, and so far, they have been pretty useless. Anyone else have this problem?

IncGamers Member
    Sorry for the tripple Post, delete 2 of them please. It kept giving me errors every time i went to post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frojork
    I am wearing my marrows, and im not getting any bonus from the bone prison. Is there something special that needs to be done? I spent a lot to get these boots, and so far, they have been pretty useless. Anyone else have this problem?
    This is because in 1.11b the bug no-more exists. As for other patches, you should gain the synergy bonus as if you had lvl 33 bone prison, but this is ONLY if you have ZERO points in bone prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Frojork
    sry man, u just got punk'd

uhm, you could make a Kicker

IncGamers Member
    Francly (or frankly?) I'm glad they got rid of the Marrow bug, as well of the others (Venom, etc.) I've played a Dentist back in .09 and it was fun, but very very slow. I couldn't kill Baal on Normal using Teeth though, so I turned the guy into a meleemancer for that battle. After making him a slayer, I retired him alongside my Barb Boxer (who killed only Normal Andy :( ) and my first ever Paladin (we all know first characters really suck )

IncGamers Member
    Hi all!
    I returned to Diablo II after year-long break. This is my first char. He has killed baal on normal pretty easily. Should I continue leveling him up to like, 90, and give him standard good gear? I am not "rich" but I can afford things like:
    -torch
    -anni
    -nigma
    -shako
    -hoto
    -(shield??)
    These items are pretty affordable, especially without perfect or near-prefect stats.

What gear should I get for best PVM results for my merc and myself?
    Also, what type of armor should I get for enigma (str - I have zero points in STR yet)?
    Thanks.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by danc133 View Post
    I was running some numbers before starting a dentist and could see some potential difficulties with this build. First to clarify I only play SP so insight is out. I figured a potential level 33 player in act V might look like this.

Teeth 19
    Bone wall 13
    1 each in Armor, CE, Spear, Spirit.
    Figuring on playing untwinked, I added +3 to all and +3 P&B.

This would give an avg damage to teeth of 122 per tooth at a cost of 15 mana per cast. So to work on past it I looked at the average HP of and enslaved in the foothills on players 8 which is approximately 1350. That breaks down to 11 casts to kill an enslaved and roughly 160-170 mana. Seeing as how only 1 tooth can hit an individual monster per cast I could envision a drinking problem real quick. I thought why not take it step further and say I was more fortunate with drops. So I layed it out with a +6 and +6 and the results didn't improve much. Taking the same monster type avg damage was 169, which cuts it down to only 8 casts but still 140 mana approx. To me it looks like kill a group of monsters have a swill, kill swill, lather rinse repeat. On a personal note if there is gonna be a lot of drinking going on I'd rather it be me not my necro.

Just my $2 worth [$.02 plus inflation] First round is on me! :drink: :buddies:
    That one's easy. Don't dump the 13 points into bonewall, put them in bonespear! You have to max spear out eventually, so a little foray into standard bonemancy can't hurt a young dentist. Then your enslaved problem shouldn't be too big.